Castle Hills Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2014
My son is about to finish 1st grade at CHE. He attended a Charter School last year so CHE has been a cakewalk compared to last year. I think it's been a better balance for him... I know he's learning and his reading has improved so much this year, but he's having fun and making friend as well and getting to be a kid!

Posted May 13, 2014
Everyone should be fired. In spite of the administration and faculty the test scores high only b/c of the demographics. If only we lived in a world where the parents could vote on firing and hiring staff.

Posted February 21, 2014
My son attended first grade here and our experience was a nightmare. Classes were filled to the max, 24 students. The teachers are disengaged and are lost as much as the kids are. Their is no love at this school. The office staff, including the principal are all cold. No one questioned me when, I removed my son out of this school. Only reason this school is exemplary is because of the demographics of the children. Its an affluent neighborhood predominatly White and Asian, therefore you will likely have great test scores. Pleased to say my son now attends Carrollton Christian academy and couldn't be happier. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here. Everyone should be fired.

Castle Hills Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2013
Castle Hills Elementary School is the school our grandsons attend, although the 11 year old has moved to a different school for the 6th grade. My wife and I see Castle Hills Elementary through different eyes, those of grandparents. We look at the softer skills of respect, encouragement, and love. Through the past 5 years, we have joined our grandsons for lunch in the cafeteria. It is a beehive of activity and energy...but it is also a well-oiled machine that gets the job done in a limited amount of time. The teachers treat the children well - many come over to speak with us and share their day with our grandsons - a fleeting moment that is so rare of an opportunity to be a part of their growing up. We are grateful for the care and compassion that Castle Hills shows our grandchildren, and us. They are a reflection of the time they have spent with this remarkable group of teachers and leaders. Thank you very much. Gary & Nikki Waits (Houston, TX)

Castle Hills Elementary School 2

Posted January 15, 2013
CHE. Hummm... what can I say... As a parent, I do not feel welcome when I enter the front office. No one even looks up at you to say "hello". When they do acknowledge you, it feels like "what do you want, you are bothering me...". The teacher are apathetic. The Liberian is terrible. No one there seem to be happy and no one there seems to "go the extra mile". Seems like everyone just shows up to work and does the bare minimum. My son does not like CHE. The Teachers are not engaging and the learning is not interactive. The children are not allowed to talk at all or have fun learning in a happy interactive environment. The new principle is trying to make it better, but if you ask me, she needs to fire every teacher and hire a completely new staff. The teachers there are boring, burnt out, and just don't seem to care.

Castle Hills Elementary School 5

Posted July 05, 2011
I cannot imagine a better public elementary school. My daughter had a great kindergarten experience. The parents are all professionals and and have high expectations. The PTA is very active and parents fight for volunteer slots. The school pulls only from the CH neighborhood so the school really feels like a community. The supplies and resources available to students are truly impressive. Kids can take part in after-school golf, science, drama, etc. activities.

Posted March 04, 2011
The school is like a prison. My kids were on the honor roll and never got in trouble, however, they hated school and dreaded going each day. No talking, no hugging, you must walk in a line at all time in the hall, no fun . . . The principle has run off most of the good teachers. Parents are not welcome in the school. Not my opinion. Fact. Do your own reseach and find out. Very sad because it was once a great school. Students will get a decent education but they will not get it in a good environment.

Castle Hills Elementary School 4

Posted November 07, 2010
Positive school atmosphere. Awesome PTA involvement. Great teachers. Principal, Ms. Blake, is firm, caring and professional. Great curriculum. Ex: 4th graders dissected sheep's eyeball. Has after-school care, art and academic after-school activities. I would like after-school sports activity.

Castle Hills Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
Castle Hills Elementary School is home of the Dragons, where children Believe, Achieve, and Succeed! Castle Hills Elementary has an exemplary rating; the teachers are engaged, the parents are involved, and the students are successful. The teachers, staff, students, parents, families, PTA, and Castle Hills Community are one big happy family.

Castle Hills Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Castle Hills has the best admin staff I have ever seen. Especilly the counselor.

Castle Hills Elementary School
1025 Holy Grail Drive, The Colony, TX  75056
Last modified Castle Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castle Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top