No rating

St. Anthony of Padua School

Private | PK-8 | 508 students

Living in The Woodlands

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $282,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,310.

Posted May 27, 2014

My child went to this school. It is okay, but not great. We decided to try one of the public schools in The Woodlands. My husband and I were very pleased. The reason there is a waiting list for this school is because it is the only Catholic School in the area. I did hear rumors that there might be a new Catholic School / Church developed in the future. Many people are asking for a new Catholic Parish in The Woodlands. That might change St. Anthony's smug and elite attitude.

Posted May 27, 2014

St. Anthony of Padua is a good school academically. The students are challenged daily and there is more creative learning than found in public schools. Unfortunately, if your child does not fit their ideal student profile, it will be a very challenging environment for them. The school does not look at individual strengths and does not try to bring out the best in each student. The children who do not fit in their "box" are reprimanded repeatedly in a way that breaks their spirit. The school is very controlling and rigid and they do not care to consider any feedback. The principal is rarely seen. Despite many families leaving to go to other schools in The Woodlands, there remains a wait list so the school does not seem to be concerned with turnover. It is unfortunate that this is the only Catholic school option in The Woodlands.

Posted March 12, 2014

St. Anthony of Padua is an awesome Catholic school. The Catholic Identity is strong and is found throughout the school from classrooms through extracurricular programs. Administration, teachers, and staff care about students. You feel welcome when you walk through the doors. I appreciate the new security features added to the campus to keep everyone safe. I think the education at St. Anthony of Padua is a great value for the tuition paid. My three children are who they are because of the great experiences they have had at this school.

Posted February 1, 2014

This school is amazing! It is Christ centered and students are surrounded by their faith throughout the day. Character education, exceptional academics, caring and nurturing staff and teachers make this school one of the best in the Woodlands. Administration do an excellent job leading the school and creating an environment for children to develop in mind, spirit, and heart.

Posted January 30, 2014

In September 2012, SAOPCS was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon school, selected because of their standardized test scores in reading and math which placed the school among the top 15% performing schools in the Nation. In 2013, the school earned another accreditation, this one from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement, an accreditation division of AdvancED. SACS CASI provides nationally recognized accreditation, the purpose of which is continuous school improvement focused on increasing student performance. To earn accreditation, schools must meet SACS CASI s high standards, be evaluated by a team of professionals from outside the school and implement a continuous process of school improvement.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 29, 2013

There is a lack of warmth and true compassion for others at St. Anthony. Children are being educated in an environment that is teaching snobbish behavior, bullying, mean girls, mean boys behavior and to hate jews and blacks as they don't have hardly any blacks there. I am white and feel outraged at what my child is learning in regards to diversity. Things need to change recruitment for more diverse teachers and students need to happen so our children are prepared for the real world and not a lily white snobbish atmosphere. God help our school spiritually we are ok academically.

Posted February 3, 2013

This is my daughters first year as a fifth grader. She attended Galatas elementary and was then zoned to Mitchell middle school. Mitchell is too large, and had mean girls who enjoyed bullying. We quickly enrolled her into St. Anthony's and she loves it. They really teach children compassion and a non judgemental love for each other. Everyday my daughter tells me how nice everyone treats her. I missed the signs and the extent of the negatively and cruety that exists is in the public school.

Posted December 22, 2012

This is our third year at the school and we absolutely love it! It is academically rigorous as exemplified by their recent recognition by the US Dept of Education as a blue ribbon school. By all accounts the surrounding public schools are fantastic as well - they just can't incorporate the religious aspect as we desire for our children. It is a huge financial sacrifice for us to attend (no fancy vacations or new cars in our driveway) but it is completely worth it. It is very fairly priced for a private school making it available to a wider cross section than other private schools. Also - financial aid is available to make it as accessible as possible to those desiring a Catholic education. If you are looking for a great Catholic school - this school is for you! It has a very nurturing environment. The principal is incredibly competent and has been at the school since its beginning so she has a good handle on short and long term perspectives and the blue ribbon speaks to that. The other parents are very friendly, welcoming, and most importantly involved.

Posted March 2, 2010

At this school, I found it's lack of discipline and strict rules on dress code to be unjust. The middle school staff is excellently trained in their subject of choice, but are limited by the head staff members. Also, some of their best teachers are frowned upon because they speak the truth, not what the principal is listening to hear. It would be an amazing school if they could just see that discipline is much more important then dress code, and staff should be picked on skill, not their willingness to tell them what they want to hear. They seem to think that everyone is made of money, they over price everything, thinking that they can rip people off. On a better note, I did enjoy the school trips and the students. Honestly, just send your child to public school, it will save you money for the same education.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 7, 2010

This school provides great instruction and education but most importantly, builds character, develops self-esteem and confidence in children. It is very demanding, however my daughter attends and I've never seen her so committed and happy.

Posted November 18, 2009

well, I just can say that my daugther (5) is very happy there ( the most important thing). She loves her teachers and always tells me good stories about her day at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School. As a mom I just hope to enroll my 3 years old son next year. It is a very safe place for children.

Posted August 19, 2009

Excellent school. My daughter is extremely happy with her teachers. Parents are involved in all school activities. This is my daughter's second year attending this school and school staff already know her and our family. School has a very friendly environment. I am glad to be part of SAOPCS family.

Posted June 8, 2009

My child will attend another school next year.I know for a fact we have more money than most people that send their children here. I don't like to say that, but I must. This school has a snobbish attitude. I do not want my child taught that $$ makes you better. Some of the public schools and other catholic schools around this area seem to teach the morals I was taught. I think the principal needs to come out of her office more often.

Posted May 25, 2009

It's a good school...a little bit 'snobbish' for our taste but great teachers! If you like constant parent involvement then this is the school for you. Great sports, great facility...better be for the price.

Posted April 26, 2009

I love this school - from academics to school pride. They have outstanding staff who truly care about the children. Even the 5th grade teachers know my PreK 4 child. I can't even imagine that remotely possible in the large public schools here. The school parents are extremely active and the energy is catchy. I feel sorry for the parents who felt otherwise. And hooray for their sports and activities and various awards, which are multiplying each year!!

Posted September 7, 2008

I just read 2 negative reviews here and I m shocked. Our experience has been the exact opposite. We have 3 children in the school and our oldest is in his eighth year. We find the staff and administration to be very involved. Our youngest has ADD and the teachers and councilor are very willing to put in extra time and effort to help. I m guessing that the parents complaining are not very involved themselves because everyone my wife and I know that actively volunteers at the school has nothing but praise for the staff.

Posted August 20, 2008

My husband and I are very disappointed with this school's administration. This school needs 'energy'!

Posted February 9, 2007

An okay school - very little Christian behavior at this school. The Administration has a very 'hands off' approach. They usually know very little about what is going on, particularly in the middle school, and will not get involved unless they have to. I would recommend the public schools in the area as a much better option.

Posted April 3, 2005

My child is currently in his fourth year at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School. As a former public school teacher, academics and faith were my two biggest concerns when evaluating a school to attend. From the beginning, we have been enthused with St. Anthony's challenging and enriched curriculum. Students are given the advantages of art, music, band, spanish, physical education and religion daily. The curriculum is also supplemented with all school activites such as Go Texan Day, Christmas Programs, Hispanic Heritage Celebrations, weekly mass, and a variety of PTO sponsored events. Everyone has a place and an opportunity to get involved AND THEY DO! By far, the most impressive thing about St. Anthony's is the way they work christian ideals into everyday life. Students are guided to a strong Catholic identity through daily religion classes and character building activities every day. I highly recommend checking this school out.

Posted December 2, 2004

Our school is fantastic! St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School is extremely organized and professionally run. Our principal is certified in many different areas, and she is truly dedicated to educating our children while growing them in their faith. Our school has become an example for other schools to follow. Why? St. Anthony's test scores are among the highest in the diocese and the highest in our part of the diocese. Our school was accredited in its second year of operation (an amazing accomplishment!) Our Library Manager develops a strong love of reading in our children through her remarkable storytelling abilities. Not only does she entertain our children, but she is a welcomed storyteller throughout the community (see Becky Kinch on the library page of our website). The library at our school is well-stocked and students use the two up-to-date computers in each classroom. Saints Alive Program, Saints' Trivia Bee plus!

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Arts & music

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Renee' B. Nunez
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NAEYC
  • TCC,NCEA
Fax number
  • (281) 296-7236

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Galveston-Houston

Music
  • Band
  • Choir / Chorus

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Dedicated parents and staff work together as a team. the library manager is a professional storyteller who is featured monthly at the montgomery county library in the woodlands. we participate in jump rope for heart, community fun runs, food drives through st. anthony's bread, adopted grandparents from silverado nursing home, and other stewardship activities in the woodlands and tamina area.

Apply now