PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is amazing! It's the best kept secret in The Woodlands! Great teachers, dedicated staff, a vested Board, and a wonderful PTF. It's a very welcoming enviroment for parents and a place where my kids feel safe and are truely cared for. They have excelled academically without the stress of massive amounts of homework. The smaller class sizes allow for teaching at my child's pace and I have seen big improvements in their test scores. We love this school!

We love this school. We are vested parents who love the one on one attention our child receives. The Administration has worked with us this year when we found out our child had a learning disability. The teachers and the staff are amazing and truly doing God's work. The lady who is currently doing the tours is very knowledgeable and has a true passion for the school. Anytime I have question I feel comfortable asking. The PTF is very inviting and tries to make it easy for everyone to get involved. We will be here until our child ages out

The school was once one of the best in the woodlands, comparing academics and tuition cost, they let go of their best principal and since have not been stable. The school board is running the school made up of parents that are not academic professionals and the school is losing its spark, rigor and professionalism. Someone needs to stand up and demand that the board not be elected based upon long standing friendships and that they should create a governing board without personal interest, only allowing one or two parents to serve to balance and maintain professionalism and neutrality before the school ends up closing or suffering another terrible loss.

My child attended CCS for two years and enjoyed it very much. The teachers were great and overall it was a good experience. I would just suggest you review the enrollment and re-enrollment application carefully. This school is run like any other company or organization that values revenue. If you pay tuition or fees for the upcoming school year and change your mind about sending your child to this school, for whatever reason, you will not receive a refund. They collected more than $1,700 from me and kept it without hesitation when I dis-enrolled my child prior to the beginning of the new school year. I don’t think anyone should be expected to pay for services they will never receive but they didn’t see this as greed or unjust gain. Just because Christ is in the school’s name doesn’t mean you shouldn’t read the small print because his name doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I know, for a fact, that this school operates with true integrity. The leadership has a true passion for Christian education.

This school is under amazing leadership. Mrs. Johnson has a true burden and passion for the students.

We are in our 4th year at the school and love it! Great teachers and programs. Such a safe and loving environment. My children have had many opportunities to shine in different areas including art and sports. There are so many wonderful things about this school. I could go on and on.

We have moved quite a bit so have experienced a few different Christian schools. We have enjoyed our 4.5 years there and have had four kids go through. The curriculum is very good, although I would say that The Woodlands is very good, education-wise. The Christian perspective is what is important to us. They have a new building this year, which allows them to do more things on campus (such as choir concerts which were previously held in various churches in the area) and the addition of a gym will allow for more extracurricular activities. I have found the culture to be very relaxed this year with the change of staff. We considered several Christian schools in the beginning and CCS tuition will rival most Christian schools in the area. The teachers are very dedicated and love children. And of course I love it when my youngster can remind me that "All things work together for good for those who love the Lord," as her teacher taught her:).

Now under new leadership and opening the school year with a new building, the culture is one of enthusiasm. The teachers are passionate about education and provide a caring foundation for children. Enhanced extra-curricular activities are now becoming available with the addition of their new building. I especially like that the school offers military discounts as a way of honoring our active duty military families. Well worth a visit if you are looking for an elementary school founded in solid Christian values.

This school is just amazing. Not only are they a year ahead of public school the learning atmosphere is one of caring. My husband put it best -" the teachers here actually care about the children and love what they are doing. They are not like those teachers we have encountered at public schools who feel entitled and are just there for a job." Love this place

Last modified Christ Community School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8