Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Mitchell Intermediate School 2

Posted May 18, 2016
I am a public school teacher who has taught both middle and high school. I have also taught college English and Teacher Education courses. As a professional educator and a mother, I found Mitchell to be an unhealthy environment for students and parents. The administration and staff adhere to outdated and dangerous conceptions of childhood development and lack the pedagogical knowledge to adjust instructional design and implementation to the needs of the majority of the students. Instead of improving their own practice, they prefer to blame student character or ability. They are quite happy to imply that poor-parenting, not their own failed practices, are the cause of student distress. A review of the reviews on this cite shows that the problems are long-standing, structural and accepted. The administration is simply unwilling to consider that parents' perceptions about their children's academic and emotional well being have merit. The refrain is, "we are getting them ready for high school or college." Yet, neither my fellow high school or college instructors would support the kind of narrowed curriculum or controlling, manipulative instructional practices present in this school. Nevertheless, the fine arts program is outstanding and the school does adhere carefully to the laws and regulations regarding students with learning differences. If possible, avoid this school. If you must send your children here, be wary, engaged and get all communications with the school in writing...even if, as is common at Mitchell, you are simply documenting the school's failure to respond.

Posted April 14, 2014
Mitchell Intermediate is a fantastic school. The overall acedemic standrds are high; teachers, staff and students work very hard to meet these expectations. Mitchell has an outstanding family- friendly environment. Parents feel welcomed and are encouraged to be a part of their child's education. Students, parents, and visitors feel appreciated; this is an important key to success for all schools.

Posted April 07, 2014
This school has amazing different ways of teaching children. They teach them how to be independent and do their own work so those parents that are saying they don't remind them to turn their projects need to grow up your kids need to learn how to be independent because you won't be there for them forever it's also a great introduction to McC

Posted March 25, 2014
although I respect those opinions I have to strongly disagree. I was a previous student of Mitchell intermediate and I loved my LC (LC 8). In that LC I made many friends I still hold dear to my heart today. The work load at times was challenging there was no way I would have possibly been prepared for McCullough without going through what I did. With all do respect, stop babying your kids. You have to accept bullying is likely to happen in all schools and the teachers can't always be around to stop it. The woodlands is a highly poplulated area that's just going to keep growing to give the teachers a break they can't watch everyone at once. I was bullied briefly and I just had to learn to stand up for myself and it only made me stronger in the end. Sure some of the teachers aren't exemplary but the majority of them are. Of course you always have the option of homeschooling but homeschooling doesn't prepare your child for the real harsh realities of the world and the few homeschoolers I know are very sheltered and babied. They don't get the same kind of exposure I believe is essential to growing up. Yes, homeschoolers often finish school faster but they often cover the bare minimum.

Mitchell Intermediate School 3

Posted February 20, 2014
My 5th grader tells me the following about his math teacher: she eats during class, talks with the food in her mouth, sends and receives text messages while teaching. I have sent this math teacher several emails asking for clarification on certain matters. In every email response from her there are a least 2 significant spelling errors. My son tells me she often criticizes her students. He finds it difficult to accept criticism from a teacher he does not respect.

Mitchell Intermediate School 1

Posted February 17, 2014
Mitchell is by far the worst school to me that my kids have gone through. My 12 year old daughter has been getting bullied and of course no one has noticed. If you don't live in a home that's bigger than the next you are made fun of. Money money that's all the kids here seem to care about. If you don't have much of it sadly you won't be a "cool" kid. Just ridiculous!

Mitchell Intermediate School 1

Posted June 24, 2013
Everything stated is true and is not slander of any sort. It sounds to me like this review comes from someone on the inside and if it is from a parent - you must have bullies at home! Probably the over sized red shirted ones that were held back for a sports and academic advantage. If we liked living in the dog eat dog world with people talking behind our backs, we certainly would not have chosen to live in The Woodlands. You are darn right that I am entitled to my opinion and my review was mild considering my horrible experience.

Posted June 22, 2013
My three children, who have completely different learning styles excelled at Mitchell Intermediate. We were so impressed with he care shown by every staff member. anytime I had a question, I received an email or phone call immediately. I read every review on this site and find it sad that anyone can write whatever they want. That almost seems like slander. Yes, everyone has a right to their opinion. I am here to say that my children have been to elementary, intermediate, junior high and high school in The Woodlands, and hands down, their best experiences were at Mitchell. Mrs. Klapesky, as the school principal and visionary, has led an incredible staff of talented teachers. I appreciate what the school is doing to address disrespectful children. As we know, we deal with "mean people" our whole lives. Those playground bullies are now the same adults cutting your car off on the road or still gossiping about you in the neighborhood. We have to teach our children how to inform bullies that their behavior is inappropriate and that is doesn't bother them. That can only happen at home. It isn't the school's responsibility to shape behaviors. A BIG high five to Mitchell-an AWESOME school

Mitchell Intermediate School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
I think that the school is great and really go all the way to help the students

Mitchell Intermediate School 2

Posted March 15, 2013
I have been very disappointed with this school - the teachers cannot teach - one quote, "this is math not logic so do it my way, not the way the book is telling you..." I have had to spend countless hours outside of school with my child teaching them the subject material in all four core subjects (I am doing the teachers' job). After numerous meetings, I find it is hopeless to get the attention of anyone that cares. The fine arts department is outstanding however, and is the one shining light in a dismal educational environment. The parent involvement is minimal as they prefer parents to stay uninvolved.

Mitchell Intermediate School
6800 Alden Bridge Drive, The Woodlands, TX  77382
Last modified Mitchell Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.