PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We love the small classes and how everyone is very nice and helpful. The staff is great!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Sparks is the most wonderful teacher I could ever imagine my daughter having, anywhere. I'm sorry if that seems like an over-sell, but it is really true.

I had one or more of my 3 kids enrolled at Oak Ridge Christian Academy for 7 years. My oldest was in 4th grade when we decided to leave (2013) because of the horribly poor leadership exhibited by an inexperienced principal. The principal was terminated that year, however the damage had already been done with the best teachers leaving the school. Because we loved the Christian environment, we moved them to Covenant Christian. All three of them were significantly behind in reading and the oldest was about a grade behind in math. The difference between the two schools was remarkable....so glad I moved them and wish I had done it MUCH sooner. Covenant provides just as much biblical study as Oak Ridge Christian Academy but has a top notch education and college preparation on top of that. In hindsight, I'm horribly disappointed that I didn't recognize this sooner. My oldest is struggling with poor habits (handwriting, reading, and math) that he developed as a result of sub par teaching at ORCA. I only hope this helps those parents who are searching for a good Christian education while not sacrificing the basics the child will need to get through this competitive world.

Our son started Oak Ridge Christian Academy (ORCA) in Kindergarten. We absolutely love the heart of this school and are excited for our son to continue his spiritual growth and education here. The school teaches classically, which trains up the whole person and explains the purpose of things. The curriculum is advanced and God honoring. Class sizes are kept relatively small which allows for each child to be challenged according to their gifts. Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly; Romans 12:6a. ORCA comes alongside parents in the education of their children and teaches and disciplines to their hearts. God is taught in every subject, because He created all subjects. You can truly see Christ in the halls of this school, from the mentoring of older students to the younger ones and the servant leadership of the school. We are so much in agreement with the school s teaching and leadership that we decided to become members of the church from which this school is a ministry of. We are honored and blessed to be giving our time, talents and treasures to this place!

I have my two daughters enrolled at ORCA. Both started out in Mother's Day Out (MDO), now I have one in 1st Grade and the other in Kindergarten. My youngest is speech delayed, and I cannot say enough about how exceptional this school has been to work with her. When she was in 2 Year old MDO she spoke not a word, and it was that year that we involved her in speech therapy. While going through all the diagnostics, to my surprise my daughter, being tested on identifying colors, shapes, numbers, letters, etc. She knew them ALL, and even how to sequence, due to the instruction she received in 2 year old MDO. Remarkable not just because she had the instruction, but because her teachers had to work with her inability to communicate in order to giver her the instruction. The teachers were, indeed, loving and attentive and maintained an inclusive environment rich with formative pre-school education. Currently in Kindergarten, she is reading, learning basic math, and memorizing scripture. Her older sister is in 1st grade, reading voraciously, learning cursive, spelling and sentence structure as well as scripture and Christian virtues. My girls are getting a well-rounded, advanced education.

Our kids are enrolled for Kindergarten and MDO. Absolutely amazing school. Already noticed a difference in my daughter's behavior and obeying much more willingly in just a week and a half. All the teacher and staff show extremely wonderful Godly compassion for all the kids and support them to be the best that they can be!

We enrolled our children in Oak Ridge Christian Academy for the 2012-2013 school year. One in Pre-K on in MDO. Like most parents, we want the best for our children and we want them to have the best opportunities available. We interviewed with the Headmaster, did a parent meet and greet, etc. MDO is just that, a daycare for the small ones... not a lot of teaching really went on. In Pre-K, halfway through the year, there was a noticable regression in my childs knowledge of shapes, numbers, letters and colors. I appreciate and want my kids to have a fundemental christian education, but at this school it was more important to memorize scripture from the Bible, than it was to learn Math, Reading or Writing (That was actually stated by the teacher). I may be wrong in this, but if were putting our kids into a Private Academy we expect a superior education than that of public school. This school did not push my children... if you want your kids to learn, send them somewhere else.

I don't even know where to begin to tell you what a wonderful school ORCA is. My son has been there since Kindergarten (now in 5th grade) and has loved every year he's been there. The teachers have great relationships with the students and Pastor Jess is a man of God that sets wonderful life examples to the students. The office staff is fabulous and reminds me of a large extended family. In addition to the excellent academics the school offers and providies, ORCA has also helped my child grow in sprit. He prays for his family, friends and the world without hesitation. HIs walk with Christ has been widened and blessed since attending ORCA. With the great tuition rates, the excellent academic program and the true love the faculty and staff show to the students and familiies, ORCA is as close to perfect as you can get with a child's education.

Highly recommended! My teenage son loves the school, the staff & the teachers. What a blessing ORCA is!

My son has attended ORCA for two years. He loves going to school and is getting a great education! What a wonderful mission.

Last modified Oak Ridge Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12