The Woodlands, TX

Posted October 18, 2013
I have my two daughters enrolled at ORCA. Both started out in Mother's Day Out (MDO), now I have one in 1st Grade and the other in Kindergarten. My youngest is speech delayed, and I cannot say enough about how exceptional this school has been to work with her. When she was in 2 Year old MDO she spoke not a word, and it was that year that we involved her in speech therapy. While going through all the diagnostics, to my surprise my daughter, being tested on identifying colors, shapes, numbers, letters, etc. She knew them ALL, and even how to sequence, due to the instruction she received in 2 year old MDO. Remarkable not just because she had the instruction, but because her teachers had to work with her inability to communicate in order to giver her the instruction. The teachers were, indeed, loving and attentive and maintained an inclusive environment rich with formative pre-school education. Currently in Kindergarten, she is reading, learning basic math, and memorizing scripture. Her older sister is in 1st grade, reading voraciously, learning cursive, spelling and sentence structure as well as scripture and Christian virtues. My girls are getting a well-rounded, advanced education.

Posted August 29, 2013
Our kids are enrolled for Kindergarten and MDO. Absolutely amazing school. Already noticed a difference in my daughter's behavior and obeying much more willingly in just a week and a half. All the teacher and staff show extremely wonderful Godly compassion for all the kids and support them to be the best that they can be!

Oak Ridge Christian Academy 1

Posted May 30, 2013
We enrolled our children in Oak Ridge Christian Academy for the 2012-2013 school year. One in Pre-K on in MDO. Like most parents, we want the best for our children and we want them to have the best opportunities available. We interviewed with the Headmaster, did a parent meet and greet, etc. MDO is just that, a daycare for the small ones... not a lot of teaching really went on. In Pre-K, halfway through the year, there was a noticable regression in my childs knowledge of shapes, numbers, letters and colors. I appreciate and want my kids to have a fundemental christian education, but at this school it was more important to memorize scripture from the Bible, than it was to learn Math, Reading or Writing (That was actually stated by the teacher). I may be wrong in this, but if were putting our kids into a Private Academy we expect a superior education than that of public school. This school did not push my children... if you want your kids to learn, send them somewhere else.

Posted August 14, 2012
I don't even know where to begin to tell you what a wonderful school ORCA is. My son has been there since Kindergarten (now in 5th grade) and has loved every year he's been there. The teachers have great relationships with the students and Pastor Jess is a man of God that sets wonderful life examples to the students. The office staff is fabulous and reminds me of a large extended family. In addition to the excellent academics the school offers and providies, ORCA has also helped my child grow in sprit. He prays for his family, friends and the world without hesitation. HIs walk with Christ has been widened and blessed since attending ORCA. With the great tuition rates, the excellent academic program and the true love the faculty and staff show to the students and familiies, ORCA is as close to perfect as you can get with a child's education.

Posted November 09, 2009
Highly recommended! My teenage son loves the school, the staff & the teachers. What a blessing ORCA is!

Posted October 14, 2009
My son has attended ORCA for two years. He loves going to school and is getting a great education! What a wonderful mission.

Oak Ridge Christian Academy 0

Posted October 01, 2009
Oak Ridge Christian Academy has been such a blessing to our family! The teachers are fantastic. Each of them, have such a heart for teaching. My daughter is excited about going to school and loves to talk about her day and what she learned as soon as I pick her up. The teachers not only do a wonderful job of educating our children, they help us, as parents, train up our children in the Lord to know what is right and true. God has greatly blessed this school with the leadership of Mr. Duston & Pastor Jess. They both have such a heart for Christian Education and they love the Lord. What more could you ask for, for your greatest treasure, your children.

Posted September 08, 2009
My son has attended now since kindergarten (in ninth grade). He loves it! What a blessing to have a team of godly folk helping him to Christian maturity. Thanks, ORCA!

Posted May 07, 2009

Oak Ridge Christian Academy 2

Posted November 08, 2008
This school is very focused on academics and discipline. The discipline policies are very rigid and children are expected to 'obey' at all times. My child reacted very negatively to the environment and I had to remove him. Since this time, I have met several other families that had similar problems at this school. I would not reccomend this school!

Oak Ridge Christian Academy
27420 Robinson Road, The Woodlands, TX  77387
Last modified Oak Ridge Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Oak Ridge Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top