The Woodlands, TX

Posted June 22, 2014
The John Cooper School is EXCELLENT. Our daughter has been a student there since kindergarten and she absolutely loves the school and her teachers. The environment is warm and welcoming and the resources are second to none. If you live in The Woodlands metro, it is common knowledge that Cooper is the premier school in the area. My husband and I are both attended Ivy League colleges and feel confident that our daughter will be well prepared for to attend any top caliber college based upon her Cooper education.

Posted June 18, 2014
This school is the worst. I recommend you look somewhere else. JCS has been the worst years of my life. The kids are horrible. Many of the teachers don't do their jobs. The spanish teachers are terrible! The school teaches the same education but makes everyone believe they're being taught higher. This makes the students then think they're superior. The tuiton is not worth it. The small amount of kids in each grade is annoying. There's a reason why no one would go to JCS. They don't win anything either. This school is overpriced and HORRIBLE... If you are moving to The Woodlands do NOT even consider this school.

Posted May 17, 2014
They say admission is competitive on their website. During the admissions we were asked how much money we are willing to contribute to the school above and beyond already high tuition. No surprise the rich kids get accepted, if you are from average income family, the competition is in affluent folk's favor.

The John Cooper School 3

Posted March 02, 2014
Like most schools, this one has great features and some not so great. For the tuition level, there shouldn't be so many not so great features. One of the recent hire teachers in the high school does not even know some of the material being taught (tells the students to go ask the other teacher if they have a question she can't answer!) The administrative staff treat you like you are wasting their time if you have a question. Definitely not a warm/fuzzy place.

Posted October 04, 2012
Good basic education....but not as nurturing as need be....would think very carefully before sending my children again.....

Posted July 28, 2012
FYI they will have this review removed, they removed my last review. Go anywhere else but here four terrible years.

Posted June 23, 2012
overpriced, staff are rude and didnt think that matched up to qualifications. I expected more. My child doesnt want to go to school everyday,I want a loving nurturing environment.

Posted January 23, 2012
I am ONLY rating the summer academic program at JC (but my child's summer program teachers were full-time teachers during the school year there as well). My child is in all pre-AP classes and mkaes straight A's in Klein ISD. She took grammar, intro-algebra, and a speed reading course just to get a jump start on her 8th grade year. She complained a little about going at the time, but 6 months later, just out of the blue at dinner she said, "JC had some great teachers. I learned more in summer than I learned all year in Klein. I want to go back next summer. I wish we could afford to go there full time"

Posted May 21, 2011
I am surprised to hear that someone can hate this school. I am sorry to here you had a bad experience. My son has had an amazing first year. The teachers and administration have been so open and available to our family. The academics are dynamic and from speaking to other parents at other schools JCS challenges the children even at a young age. Anyone who is interested in this school should speak to parents and students. I had an intuitive feeling it was the best choice for my son and our family.

Posted April 03, 2011
I graduate from the John Cooper School and this has literally been the four most terrible years of my life. I would never wish this experience upon anyone. The children AND the parents are awful and extremely full of themselves. I've been a student since the lower school and even that is falling apart. You are now paying for a public school education if you attend this school. Teachers need to retire or get revamped in the near future because this school is going down the drain. Even when students/parents talk to the dean or principal about particular teachers, nothing is done to improve the situation. Overall, I have had a terrible four year experience. The only redeeming quality is the college counseling, but you can find a strong college counseling program at a better school. I count down the days that I will never have to walk through the doors of the John Cooper School again. I will definitely not remember my high school years fondly.

The John Cooper School
1 John Cooper Drive, The Woodlands, TX  77381
Last modified The John Cooper School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The John Cooper School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top