The Woodlands, TX

The John Cooper School 3

Posted August 13, 2015
Cooper is a good school if your child is already very academically talented , wants to be able to play sports but isn't good enough for one of the public school teams. While there are some good opportunities and good teachers, it isn't worth the very high tuition. Our oldest attended from K to 6th, was an A student and then went to McCullough. The academics at Cooper were not materially better, certainly not enough to justify the tuition. If your child is a bit rambunctious (as our youngest was) and not the top of the class or you aren't a wealthy donor to the school, this is an awful school. The lower school administrators looked for every tiny opportunity to punish our child and ultimately made our youngest feel like a complete failure, even though our child was a solid B student. It is very hard to believe how poorly the administrators treated a young child who was never mean but a bit mischievous and rambunctious. We pulled our child out and put our youngest in public school, which has been so much better. It took a year or two to overcome some of the social issues which were exacerbated by the Cooper environment. The academics in The Woodlands public schools are almost the same as Cooper. Therefore I suggest you save your money and avoid the overprotective parents of Cooper and the administrators who just seek to weed out students who aren't top of the class or children of wealthy donors! One mother called the school and was absolutely outraged that our child had told their child Santa wasn't real when directly asked and they actually sent our child to the office for this. Cooper was good to get our kids off to a good start in K and 1st but we are so glad to have our 40k a year back and our youngest out of that unhealthy environment.

The John Cooper School 5

Posted June 02, 2015
Our son has attended since Pre-K (entering 5th grade this fall). Standards of education are first class, with well qualified, highly engaged teachers and a stimulating curriculum. There is excellent provision for sport, liberal arts, music as well as core curriculum. The atmosphere in the school is supportive and nurturing. We are so pleased we made this choice for our child.

Posted April 30, 2015
I interviewed for this school. Despite being told twice while I was at the school, "we'll definitely be in touch", I was never contacted. If you didn't want to hire me, fine. But at least have enough respect to follow through with communication. In the business world, not letting potential applicants hear back after an interview is just plain rude. #blessingindisguise

The John Cooper School 5

Posted June 22, 2014
The John Cooper School is EXCELLENT. Our daughter has been a student there since kindergarten and she absolutely loves the school and her teachers. The environment is warm and welcoming and the resources are second to none. If you live in The Woodlands metro, it is common knowledge that Cooper is the premier school in the area. My husband and I are both attended Ivy League colleges and feel confident that our daughter will be well prepared for to attend any top caliber college based upon her Cooper education.

Posted June 18, 2014
This school is the worst. I recommend you look somewhere else. JCS has been the worst years of my life. The kids are horrible. Many of the teachers don't do their jobs. The spanish teachers are terrible! The school teaches the same education but makes everyone believe they're being taught higher. This makes the students then think they're superior. The tuiton is not worth it. The small amount of kids in each grade is annoying. There's a reason why no one would go to JCS. They don't win anything either. This school is overpriced and HORRIBLE... If you are moving to The Woodlands do NOT even consider this school.

Posted May 17, 2014
They say admission is competitive on their website. During the admissions we were asked how much money we are willing to contribute to the school above and beyond already high tuition. No surprise the rich kids get accepted, if you are from average income family, the competition is in affluent folk's favor.

The John Cooper School 3

Posted March 02, 2014
Like most schools, this one has great features and some not so great. For the tuition level, there shouldn't be so many not so great features. One of the recent hire teachers in the high school does not even know some of the material being taught (tells the students to go ask the other teacher if they have a question she can't answer!) The administrative staff treat you like you are wasting their time if you have a question. Definitely not a warm/fuzzy place.

Posted October 04, 2012
Good basic education....but not as nurturing as need be....would think very carefully before sending my children again.....

Posted July 28, 2012
FYI they will have this review removed, they removed my last review. Go anywhere else but here four terrible years.

Posted June 23, 2012
overpriced, staff are rude and didnt think that matched up to qualifications. I expected more. My child doesnt want to go to school everyday,I want a loving nurturing environment.

The John Cooper School
1 John Cooper Drive, The Woodlands, TX  77381
Last modified The John Cooper School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The John Cooper School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top