Tomball, TX

Posted November 06, 2014
The kindergarten program in this school is very poor.Having come from another IB school I am very disapointed with this schools interpretation of what Kindergarten children should be doing.In other IB school,they expect this age group to be doing ,spelling,reading ,and proper letter formation.All they do at this school is play.If you want a very laid back approach to education ,you will love this kindergarten program. If you are expecting more,look at other school that are very close,they are all doing a lot more at this level.

The Woodlands Preparatory School 4

Posted November 05, 2014
As the good and bad comments show, there has been a lot of change at this school. My child has several first-year teachers, and obviously the new administration is different. The school has more Hispanic and European students among the first-year kids, but that's to be expected when you brand yourself "IB". Overall, we are very pleased. The new teachers, many of them younger, are intelligent and energetic and devoted to the kids. I think the administration has to be more mindful of open communication with the families, but that doesn't impact my child much day to day. We are generally pleased with the direction and the environment.

Posted October 30, 2014
I can see why many parents are leaving this school to go to others. The owners are some of the greediest people I have seen. They have no respect for the parents opinion's, despite the fact that WE are the ones paying the tuition. The new owners are too obsessed with making money rather than giving our kids a good education. Any time they can make money off you a little more, they will. The education has gone drastically downhill due to many teachers quitting over the summer. Not only this, but many of the new teachers are not the "high-standard" teachers that Woodlands Prep had promised. The quality of the education is comparable to public school. In fact, I think public school education has more choices than this school. The new owners have directed their attention to image rather than enhancing the academics of the school. On the outside, it is very showy. On the inside however, not much effort was put into making it seem like a "world-class" school. I'm sure many of the parents will agree with me in saying that this school was not like it was before.

Posted October 15, 2014
The WPS school has adjusted to new ownership with a new vision, however, the new administrators in place now have decades of edu. experience and degrees in edu. leadership. They are allowed to run the school as they see fit. Because of this, the changes WPS is making are positively progressing daily. Most parents are pleased with new meal procedures since during the previous ownership, the students had unhealthy foods such as fast food offered on campus, and off campus lunch put more students at risk. Security is of utmost importance when protecting our children, especially this day in age and with our social status, so I am unclear as to why 24 hour gated security is a problem for anyone, just as I am unclear as to why a healthy, organic lunch program or a formal dress is a problem. My daughters have technology free days and technology time in the classroom. They do not have too much technology as they come home with handwritten assignments and handmade projects weekly. I believe people need to find another place to report such horrid, untrue reviews. Visit the schools' next Parent Social Committee meeting, and get honest feedback about this school from current parents.

Posted October 07, 2014
Unfortunately, this school has gone overboard with the "digitalization" of education. They have digitalized EVERYTHING. The new owners have forced the parents to rent a laptop which costs an extra $700 a year after tuition. Since most of the students have laptops, it has gotten very hard for them to pay attention in class since all of them are on their laptops playing games. The school forced the meal plan on us as well. As another parent has pointed out, our kids are not allowed to bring their own lunches. They have even gone as far as make it closed-campus during lunch to enforce this new policy! Responsible upper-schoolers are not allowed to leave for 15 minutes to go get lunch. The boys are also required to wear blazers on Mondays. Our kids go to school, not work! The new management has completely ruined what the previous ones had. They have made the classroom environment artificial feeling. The new owners are too concerned on making money and squeezing every penny from the parents. Reconsider going to this school because it has totally been ruined
6 people found this helpful

Posted October 04, 2014
This school seems much more concerned with making money than actually creating a quality environment for students. In addition to paying tuition, the students are required to purchase an expensive meal plan and are not allowed to bring their own lunches. They also have to pay to rent a laptop and purchase uniforms. There is a very limited course of study with few electives for upper school students to choose from. The school seems to be all about appearance, with a gated entrance and a flashy exterior. Inside, the hallways are narrow and the classrooms are small. The boys are required to wear blazers and ties on Mondays, even in the Texas heat. There has been enormous turnover in the staff recently: a combination of people getting fired and choosing to leave. That is never a good sign. It seems that with the new ownership, this school has gone way downhill.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 04, 2014
Do NOT go to this school! All they seem to care about is making the school look good and making money. They claim to have a great and growing music program, but it seems that they mostly just do theory. You are forced to eat their food and pay for a meal plan even though they don't have a great selection. In my opinion, the school uniforms look ridiculous! Even though they claim to have an IB program, they are still technically not certified for it. This school claims to have many things that they don't actually have and they don't seem to care about student success. I would pay the admissions fee to not go to this school.

Posted September 27, 2014
the school has had some changes. But the negative reviews are from people who went to the St. Andrews American School. First of all why would you need to have an American school in America, second the school currently has more teachers than students and most of the teachers were fired from Woodlands Prep for not having the sufficient quality the school wanted, even the director at that school was fire from Woodlands Prep.

Posted September 25, 2014
The Woodlands Prep is a great school. The new teachers are very well-prepared and really good teachers. Plus, the new IB system has improved the education, and the fact the there are not as much people provides a very individualized education.

Posted September 19, 2014
The Woodlands Preparatory School has undergone changes with new ownership; however, as a teacher, nothing in my classroom has changed besides my lessons becoming more enriched, conceptual, global due to the exceptional IB Training I received this summer. I have a graduate degree in my field as well as many other teachers who chose to stay at WPS, and we are an extremely gifted group of educators. We have an extraordinary population of international students, not just spanish speakers. We communicate in English, French, Mandarin, Spanish and more throughout our school. Our population grows monthly with students from all over the globe. If you tour our school, you will find that we are a smart, friendly, intercultural environment, and we are working extremely hard to provide a World Class educational experience for each and every student. The future is extremely promising at WPS as the students and teachers and are happy, intelligent, and going above and beyond the learning process. All of our teachers are extremely gifted in their fields. Fortunately, we now have unlimited resources available to create a World Class environment, and we will fulfill this vision.

The Woodlands Preparatory School
27440 Kuykendahl Road, Tomball, TX  77375
Last modified The Woodlands Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Woodlands Preparatory School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top