Tomball High School 3

Posted September 12, 2014
Teachers are always a hit or miss no matter where you go. Over all, this school has a weird combination of caring about education and scores. To where translation can easily get mixed up on what students should and should not care about. The best education used to be in world history classes. But, that may have changed over time. Definitely not a bad school since bad stuff could happen at any school. Just expect your child's education to be a hit or miss all the same since it's an average high school. P.S. - Expect education to miss when it comes time to take an economics course. One of the major grades for these courses is a random number generated game. Great for someone majoring in economics in college. Stupid for a high school student regardless of goal.

Posted May 11, 2014
Tomball High School provided to me exemplary curriculum during my time there. Even after I graduated in 2011, the school still amazes me.

Tomball High School 2

Posted January 20, 2014
Tomball ISD needs to catch up with the times and surrounding communities. For example, the extracurricular activities are very limited, despite the fact the District is doing extremely well financially and will continue to do well with the booming tax base. One example, the district refuses to implement a wrestling program (very inexpensive), despite the fact all surrounding school districts (Woodlands, Klein, Cyfair) have one. Similar scenario for other extracurricular activities. Enter this school district with caution, or at least do your homework before purchasing a home in the district. Do not assume your children's interests will be met.

Posted April 23, 2013
I attended Tomball ISD for most of my life. I had the pleasure and honor of attending Tomball High School for 1 1/2 years, during which time I got to learn from some of the most experienced teachers in the area. It goes without saying that when the average AP/ Pre AP teacher has more than 20 years of experience you know you're getting a quality education. Obviously Tomball being Tomball possesses vestiges of racism here and there (especially among the students), but I can honestly say that Tomball teachers are some of the best this great nation has to offer. Tomball HS is the High School with a Heart. Oh and its sports programs are some of the best in the area, just ask Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls) or Troy Patton (Baltimore Orioles).

Posted August 27, 2012
I've gone there for almost 3 years and it's a great school. Excellent teachers, good A.P's and awesome Principal. School spirit couldn't be better.

Tomball High School 1

Posted February 06, 2012
Just a bad school. If you are going to move to the area, look at other school districts first. I ve been to alot of schools in the United States, and can honestly say this is the worst school in America. Unfriendly students, bad teachers, lazy adminstration, top to bottom just bad. My counselor refused to meet with me when I wanted to talk to her about personal problems. My Assistant Principal resfused to meet with me too. This is one on the worst administrations I had ever seen. If you didnt live in Tomball all of your life, then your lost. Nobody talks to new students and are often hostile towards them. No school spirit, just bad. It's worth moving to a new neighborhood. BAD SCHOOL.

Tomball High School 1

Posted January 26, 2012
Of all of the schools I've gone to this one was by far the worst. It appears really great from a distance, but almost all of the teachers and students that go there are really snobbish and unwelcoming to new comers. I had a few good teachers but most of them were too focused on test scores and making us take pretests to really teach us anything useful, and even the good ones were very biased. You have to be in an extracurricular activity, preferably football, cheerleading, or student council, to get anywhere with them. My second year there I got into cheerleading and my teachers started to treat me very differently, giving me little perks that the other students didnt get like accepting really late homework, not counting all of my absences, and giving me scores on tests and essays I knew I didnt deserve. It was kind of like an unspoken rule 'Make the school look good, get a free ride.' I hardly even tried and I still passed, it wasnt until I graduated that I really started to feel guilty about that and started asking my friends if they had similar experiences, which they did. So, if you or you're child is about to go to this school make sure they are joining clubs and sports.

Tomball High School 4

Posted June 16, 2009
Obviously your new to the school. The drug problem wasn't that bad when I went there not oo long ago and actually that have police dogs that sniff the lockers between classes. If your worried about it follow students before and after school. Most Students there aren't going to bring it to school.

Posted May 12, 2009

Posted December 28, 2008
Administration is overly concerned with test scores to the point that it is detrimental to the overall education of the students. The teachers do a great job communicating with the parents as well as giving them opportunities for success. The athletics program is hindered by poor administrative support but manage to compete at a high level despite their circumstances. The cougar pride band program is exceptional and has much of the support from administration as well as parents. I am very pleased with the school as a whole but if I were to change anything, it would be to change priorities from TAKS scores to actual education.

Tomball High School
30330 Quinn Road, Tomball, TX  77375
Last modified Tomball High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tomball High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top