Bad
Good

Teachers are vindictive and can act out against you with the protection of the principal. Your opinion as a parent is null and void and the teachers will even tell you how to raise your children. Left a year ago and would advise anyone to leave them be. If you value your child's education and want to be a part of it, this is not the place for you.

Great leadership and support staff! We love Mr. Aston and Mrs. Porter. They work to ensure a positive learning experience for the students. My boys enjoyed their years at Lakewood and they were ready for Northpointe.

We have been more than pleased with the staff and teachers at Lakewood. I know for a fact that they test early and often for learning ability; we have been given copies of both a beginning of the year and end of the year test in every grade at our parent teacher conferences. Principal Jones was not even there in August of 2012. We moved to this area so that our children could attend this school and have no regrets at all.

My daughter liked and enjoyed her KG at this school. I can rate it 9 out of 10.

I am very disappointed at the educational approach Lakewood has taken with my child. If you are the parent of a child with special needs and or learning disabilities, I suggest you look elsewhere. I had to higher an advocate for the school to finally decide to test my child for a learning disability. The test showed that he indeed has a learning disability. My child is being left behind. We are currently looking to move locations in order to change schools. Please note the positive comments are dated. The school is going downhill as the rating of 7 out of 10 proves it. There are a few good teachers. Unfortunately, the bad out weighs the good.

My son just recently graduated from Lakewood Elementary. My son and our family have thoroughly enjoyed all 5 years he attended. I wish it still went to 6th grade!!

Not impressed. Very average at best. A dismal 63 percentile rating in the state of Texas. Who is running this place??? Principal Jones seemed to focus on trivial details and not on educational excellence. No sport activities and a bunch of staff that think they are outstanding while they are really just average at best. The ranking demonstrates the lack of effort, professionalism and misguided organization.

Fantastic atmosphere. Teachers & staff are always willing to help you & your child (ren) succeed!

Great school and absolutely amazing teachers & staff! My son just started school this year and Pre-K teachers: Ms. Pam and her helping staff turn him from "not-wanting-to" go to school to looking forward to school! Absolutely magical!

We absolutely love Lakewood. The teachers and staff are amazing!

Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.