Posted June 16, 2014
My son attended Concordia for the last 3 years. He won't be going back for his senior year. The kids we know at public schools are much more challenged. The math and science programs are almost a joke. Several teachers don't appear to even understand the subject they teach, and are much more interested in the sport they coach. My son watched more movies his Jr. year then anything else. The drinking and drug use is completely out of control. There are several known incidents of students drinking in the classroom in cups that teachers fully ignored. Kids drink in the parking lot daily. Yes, drinking happens at all schools. But when schools say zero tolerance, they need to be ready to back that up with actions. As said before, if your child is an athlete, the drinking will be completely ignored. Kids leave school with fake texts from parents, the school never follows up. From the bare basic of ignoring the uniform policy (disappeared over the last 3 years) to the known in-school drinking, administration appears to be at a loss as how to deal with this. My son will not go back, nor will my younger child attend that is currently in one of the feeder schools.

Posted May 07, 2014
Concordia was a good school but they are more concerned with quantity of students rather that the quality of education. Students from feeder Lutheran schools are given preferential treatment and are not held to the same rules as other students. Teacher turnover is very high! The students are very involved with drinking and drug use and the school claims to be christian but the student body does not exemplify christ-like behavior. Our experience has shown the administrators and the teachers will fabricate any issue to save face. Very disappointed and math and science programs very weak.

Posted August 22, 2012
This will be the second year my child has attended Concordia Lutheran High School, and I am greatly pleased at how well he has acclimated. He was homeschooled for six years, and began attending private school at grade 7. I take education very seriously, and my philosophy for school is that the first item to conquer would be the child s character and well-being. As a freshman, they mandated he attend 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens seminars every two weeks that helped him learn discipline and self motivation. They also provided retreats and other tools for success. The teachers are very busy, but they and the staff genuinely care about the success of the students. Because of the motivation and tools provided to succeed, he takes his classes very seriously, and is doing very well in school. I highly recommend Concordia.

Posted April 28, 2012
As a parent who had 2 children attend Concordia Lutheran High School I am disappointent in the school. I was told by other parents the school had a drug problem. Dispite what I had heard I enrolled my boys at CLHS at first everything was fine but after a year I noticed my oldest started surrounding himself with boys from CLHS who did drugs. It quicly became a snow ball effect. Also the more affluent families children get away with being rude, drugs, alcohol, tattooes,etc... they are held to a different set of rules especially if your family own's the building & the land CLHS is built on. Tomball does not give you very many choices for high schools so every applies to Concordia... Just beware of the misconceptions.

Concordia Lutheran High School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
As parents of students at Concordia, we are very impressed with so many aspects of the school. Unfortunately, the weak link is their Math program.

Concordia Lutheran High School 4

Posted September 30, 2009
I am a grandparent and have observed that more teachers at this school thus far have been compassionate and concerned with the whole child. Instead of 'teaching to the test' and disregarding all but the top five percent of the students, this school may really affect all students and instill in them a love of learning.

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted January 12, 2009
I concur...This school is wonderful! They've got a challenging curriculum totally geared to have the kids prepped for any college. Fantastic teachers that really care about the kids; their minds, bodies, and not least of all, their hearts! Really great administration...we couldn't be happier!

Posted December 05, 2008

Posted February 28, 2006
This school is outstanding. The teachers interface well with the students and present a great Christian environment and experience for all the kids. The teachers live out thier faith as an example. The academics are top notch, and the kids are encouraged to participate in sports and extra-curricular activities. Both of my children went here and this school has proven to be an excellent start to their college years

Concordia Lutheran High School
700 East Main Street, Tomball, TX  77375
Last modified Concordia Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Concordia Lutheran High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.