9-12|Private

Bad
Good

-A student As I was looking through all these reviews I noticed that many of them were bad. I don't fully understand this though, because the things they are pointing out just aren't true in most ways. At Concordia we have a lot of teachers who will go above and beyond to help us with anything, even if it is drug use they actually want you to talk about it with them so they can help you. This doesn't happen often though. As a student I know the inside of this school and I can honestly say that though we have our fair share of druggies, the amount is way lower than what you would see at Tomball's other schools. As for the academics, we do watch movies in some classes frequently, but they all have to do with the topic on hand. The biology teacher you heard about, he was forced to make his class easier and make sure that all his students had a grade that wouldn't land them in summer school. Though some of us did come close he helped us a lot. I also think that the woman who's son got into drugs wasn't the schools fault. They can't control who your student becomes friends with, and don't think for a second that maybe the student didn't know about their behavior, because we all know. There have been a few incidents with alcohol, but I have personally seen people in he front office being taken care of when his happens. Also we are not all prissy little rich kids who think of Jesus above all else some of my closest friends are there on financial aid, and they don't shove religion down your throat as much as you may think. We are not all wealthy, and we definitely aren't all "Believe or you shall burn in hell" either. Most math classes have been told to make their classes harder along with science, and they have complied greatly with that. Just remember that though some people are bad not all are, and we have a hell of a good percentage of good. Most of the reviews were from mothers, but guess what if a student doesn't like the school they can stretch the truth pretty far. We aren't as bad as most of them think, we are like a family at this school. You can always ask teachers for help in a subject, but most students just don't that is why they have issues. Also if you think about it a lot of the times a child's attitude reflects their homelife. So as far as I'm concerned, Concordia is the best school I have ever attended.

The go to school in Tomball if you are a christian hypocrite parent who behaves very "unchristian like" and will likewise send your kids there, so they can be churned out as christian hypocrites who also behave very "Christlike." Check out the social networking sites of the alumni of this "school" and see what spoiled, rude douche bags they turned out to be. Not at all impressive and hypocritical to the core.

My brother attended this school the Fall of 2014 and the guidance counselor told us that the Biology teacher he was with was very well known for failing the majority of his students and that's why they have such a great summer class attendance. The teacher refused to submit all the grades and when my family tried to transfer his grades to a new school they refused to send us all of his grades and to investigate the missing grades from the biology teacher.

CLHS has been great for my kids. They love their teachers, the sports programs, and the staff are friendly and helpful, even to students here on a visa (SEVIS). Currently 3 of my kids are attending Concordia, two in honors classes, and the other in the regular program, and I have also previously had two other nephews on student visa who each spent a year. All have been challenged and, thanks to Concordia, been well prepared for college. (Two going pre-med, one engineer, and two business majors) The teachers are very concerned about the success of their students and my wife and I have had good and open communication. We have had very few surprises when it comes to grades, and the school offers many opportunities for parental involvement, and tutoring options for the kids before and after school. The acceptance letters are flooding in for my senior son, some with scholarships to boot, including one full ride. I feel we have really gotten our money's worth from CLHS. Hard work, dedication, self-respect, and respect for teachers and fellow students has rewarded well my kids while at CLHS, and as a parent I feel I ve grown as well. I give it 5 stars.

My son attended Concordia for the last 3 years. He won't be going back for his senior year. The kids we know at public schools are much more challenged. The math and science programs are almost a joke. Several teachers don't appear to even understand the subject they teach, and are much more interested in the sport they coach. My son watched more movies his Jr. year then anything else. The drinking and drug use is completely out of control. There are several known incidents of students drinking in the classroom in cups that teachers fully ignored. Kids drink in the parking lot daily. Yes, drinking happens at all schools. But when schools say zero tolerance, they need to be ready to back that up with actions. As said before, if your child is an athlete, the drinking will be completely ignored. Kids leave school with fake texts from parents, the school never follows up. From the bare basic of ignoring the uniform policy (disappeared over the last 3 years) to the known in-school drinking, administration appears to be at a loss as how to deal with this. My son will not go back, nor will my younger child attend that is currently in one of the feeder schools.

Concordia was a good school but they are more concerned with quantity of students rather that the quality of education. Students from feeder Lutheran schools are given preferential treatment and are not held to the same rules as other students. Teacher turnover is very high! The students are very involved with drinking and drug use and the school claims to be christian but the student body does not exemplify christ-like behavior. Our experience has shown the administrators and the teachers will fabricate any issue to save face. Very disappointed and math and science programs very weak.

This will be the second year my child has attended Concordia Lutheran High School, and I am greatly pleased at how well he has acclimated. He was homeschooled for six years, and began attending private school at grade 7. I take education very seriously, and my philosophy for school is that the first item to conquer would be the child s character and well-being. As a freshman, they mandated he attend 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens seminars every two weeks that helped him learn discipline and self motivation. They also provided retreats and other tools for success. The teachers are very busy, but they and the staff genuinely care about the success of the students. Because of the motivation and tools provided to succeed, he takes his classes very seriously, and is doing very well in school. I highly recommend Concordia.

As a parent who had 2 children attend Concordia Lutheran High School I am disappointent in the school. I was told by other parents the school had a drug problem. Dispite what I had heard I enrolled my boys at CLHS at first everything was fine but after a year I noticed my oldest started surrounding himself with boys from CLHS who did drugs. It quicly became a snow ball effect. Also the more affluent families children get away with being rude, drugs, alcohol, tattooes,etc... they are held to a different set of rules especially if your family own's the building & the land CLHS is built on. Tomball does not give you very many choices for high schools so every applies to Concordia... Just beware of the misconceptions.

As parents of students at Concordia, we are very impressed with so many aspects of the school. Unfortunately, the weak link is their Math program.

Last modified Concordia Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12