Posted August 20, 2014
Bulling problems here are INSANE. Kids get picked on all the time and when I tried to confront a teacher about it she brushed it aside like it was no bigge because I was being bullied by her favorite student. The amount of homework is extremely hard, you get like five pages a night and Fridays are when you get the most because I remembered always having weekend homework. The director puts her views in the money, not the kids. If you have money they accept you right away, no waiting list. I had a class of 25 kids, and they're were barely any spots for lunch.

Posted January 21, 2014
We came here from the miserable public education system. Thank God we are here now. My children will NEVER go back to public school. My son's teacher is AMAZING! We love her. I can communicate with this teacher at ANY time of the day and get a quick response back. One night I sent over a quick e-mail thinking she would not get it until morning, and got a reply within minutes. AWESOME! When asked what my son likes best about the the school he told me, "I have great friends, a great teacher. My teacher is very nice. And I love to play with my friends at recess!" This from the child who was bullied and picked on and would beg not to go to public school EVERY day. He is reading at a full 3 grades ahead of where he is in school now and all this from struggling for several years in public school. Thank God for Salem Lutheran. Boy is it a financial commitment and a long drive, but we could not be happier.

Posted January 29, 2013
Actually, it's a great school! For 4th and under, your student is picked up at the classroom door, so you speak to the teacher every day. Yes, the work is more rigorous so grades may be lowered when you cross over from public school, but the children learn more, and not just what will be on the state test. This is the only school I could find where you could be in athletics, band, Spanish, art, religion, academic competitions, technology, plus all the basics -- at the same time! Of course, there are other electives as well. Plus, they offer real field trips like the Discovery Program or a trip to DC, moral education, and your very own Mac Book issued to every 5th to 8th grader. The administration is responsive and compassionate. The principal won National Distinguished Prinicipal and is present at most school functions. Reality is, not every school is a good fit for everyone. This school is best for a Christian family who wants a well-rounded child. There is no shortage of opportunities whether your child is athletic, academic, artistic, etc. The goal here is to have every children shine and most do!

Posted October 23, 2012
I have a daughter that is attending the school right now. We took her out of public school and it was the worst mistake ever. She was making better grades then. I can't even get a teacher to email me or call me back on questions I have in over two months. They is no one on one with the students and a few teachers said they didn't have time before school or after school because they have their own lives.. Wow a family school.

Posted August 16, 2011
I curently attend this school and I am here to say it is not the best one out there. The teachers play favorites, there is not a good disapline system, they play fake empathy and the work is rediculous and they test you on things they never taught you.

Posted August 26, 2008
Having our children attend Salem Lutheran School has been the best investment we have ever made. The teachers from my experience are caring individuals who love teaching and set high educational standards. As partners with the school it is also the parents job to invest time in your child's learning to make sure they fully comprehend what is being taught at school. So in regards to the May 10, 2006 post, your child's preparedness for high school largely depends on your involvement in his day to day studies in the home. I have a long commute to the school and work everyday but it is worth the drive for the peace of mind that our children are learning in a Godly and safe environment while we are at work.

Posted July 05, 2008
A great choice for your child's education. The teachers teach from a Christian perspective and lead by example. The only private middle school in the area I could find teaching technology to their students. The school was recently awarded the Blue Ribbon Award from the Department of Education. I am elated the school puts the children first and politics last.

Salem Lutheran School 0

Posted April 20, 2007
This is clearly the best Private school I have come accross after searching many in the area. IT is a very loving caring environment and we felt very welcomed from the time we first stepped in the school. The teachers care so much for the students and keep in good contact with the parent and go the extra mile to make sure kids are doing well and learning to their full potential. Robin McCAin

Posted May 24, 2006