Posted August 11, 2014
I'm a student at DVHS. I'm a senior this year and I'd just like to say that honestly, this school isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah, the administration sucks, and the food sucks. But overall, majority of the teachers are FANTASTIC and have huge influences on students' lives. Sure, fights RARELY break out and people RARELY smoke on campus, but can you name a campus where that doesn't happen? Teenagers will be teenagers. They'll be rebellious if they want, not all kids are good. And quite frankly that's not the school's fault, that is solely the parents way of parenting their kids. Bullying is really non-existant at this school as well. People really aren't even mean, everyone's just loud. And when there's a new kid, the word usually quickly goes around and people are anxious to make friends with them. Del Valle is a fine school.

Posted June 14, 2014
The AP classes here are lacking due tot he fact that most of the kids in the classes don't belong in them. Both of my sons are bored in the classes and teach themselves from the books most of the time. They have both easily passes the AP tests to receive college credit but only 5% of the other student pass them. The school is about 85% Hispanic,which we are not,and there are racial issues. There is also a huge lack of parenting in this district. My 3 kids have been in each level of school. Every school has major discipline issues,due to lack of parenting out of school. There are many kids doing drugs and having sex on campus. The dress code at the high school is rarely enforced;even the teachers dress poorly. The school lacks enormously in the communication department. I don't think the schools and the administration office works together on anything. Everybody has different information when you call or receive letters. My kids have to bring their own lunch because the food is so horrible. The brought home sandwiches that the meat was green! Yuck! My husband taught here 6 years...don't make that mistake. There is no backing by the school for teachers and no raises in 5 years.

Posted August 18, 2013
I am a freshman and I have a brother who attended here and I went to the orientation. I'd like to defend del Valle because it looked amazing, it was comforting and friendly. And the racial diversity is completely false. There is Hispanic, black and white race and we don't bully or harass each other. We blend in nicely, it's a great social environment and it's a great example to teach students about the real world. I am proud to be here!

Del Valle High School 3

Posted August 04, 2013
The Del Valle district is not for everyone. The DVISD is primarily minority, Hispanic/Latino. As a DVHS graduate, I am very proud my affiliation. Yes, DVHS does have opportunities to fix but which school district is perfect? DVHS does provide an array of organizations and teachers will bend over backwards to provide exponential classroom experiences. I do agree there the lack of strong administration is in result of the lack of parent involvement. But that's due to parents in the community having to work full time. Families in the district come from middle working class, so attending board meetings can be an inconvenience. Over all if you're moving to the area, DVHS is a great school. (Many board members are against adding another HS, due to retention: students drop out to help family financial needs - I myself agree) Every district does have it's flaws and for some reason, DVHS' flaws tend to stick out more. DVHS is ranked among the top 15 5A (2500+) schools in the STATE for the best educational institution for minorities. Del Valle has also met TAKS requirements 6 years in a row. My friends and I all graduated from a major university, so there is college readiness. I

Posted July 29, 2013
This school is horrible. I am so sorry that I went here. It was a waste of a year.

Posted September 06, 2012
This is the worst school that I've ever been to. I came from the RRISD and, I must admit, coming to DVISD, has really changed my opinon of school, because this school district only has one high school to go to. I am an A+ student, and all the students here,just talk through the period, distracting others, who really want to learn. It's just really sad. All children under the age of 18 are required to go to school, and the way I see it, is that, if we have to go to school, you might as well not waste your time and do what you're supposed to do, so you don't have to waste time and do it over again. I HATE this school, and no i'm not being basis, it's the truth and sometimeas the truth is ugly. Parents all I ask out there is that you do what's best for your kids and get them to a better school. I'm embarrassed to attend this school. I'm thinking about going to another one, but there's just one problem. There's only one school here....

Posted June 14, 2012
The school is poorly run by the administration, but the biggest problem is the parenting of the kids in this school district. This is clearly evidenced by the number of misspelled words and poor grammar and sentence structure of most of the postings (from parents) on this website and the websites for the other schools in this district. Kids in Del Valle are the worst behaved students I have ever experienced. They cuss teachers out and even throw pens, pencils, paper, and desks at the teachers. They refuse to attempt to learn and have complete disrespect for authority, school property and each other. They are constantly babied by teachers and principals, because they won't do any work without hand holding and/or threats of punishment. All of this horrid behavior stems from poor parenting. A school's staff is there to educate the children academically, not be their babysitters. It is the parents' job to raise their children to act appropriately and this doesn't happen in Del Valle.

Posted October 13, 2009

Posted July 16, 2008

Del Valle High School 3

Posted May 17, 2008
I have found this High School to be lacking in every aspect. The majority of the Educators are respectful, but not the best in their fields. Diversity among the staff is minimal and unyielding. The teachers are only concerned in preparing their students in taking the TAKS, obtaining a job in the service industry and completing the school year. During the the last twelve years this high school has the lowest percentage of their students go on to higher education and/or take the SAT/ACT examinations ( 23% ) in the area. There is an underlining racial divide existing in the entire district with the increasing Latino and Black populations; however, the teachers do not reflect the student body. Minorities are dealt harsely than Angelos over minor infractions of school codes. Overcrowding is serious and another High school, Junior High and two Intermediate are needed and the district has resources. Lack of forecasting

Del Valle High School
5201 Ross Road, Travis County, TX  78617
Last modified Del Valle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Valle High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top