Posted November 02, 2013
Caters to Hispanics, the main cultural demographic in the area. Major discrimination issues with this school- my second grader has had a bully every year. Every private school I've contacted regarding transfer has shared with me similar issues from other parents who live in Del Valle- we can't wait to switch schools!

Del Valle Elementary School 5

Posted February 09, 2012
Del Valle Middle School finally has a new principal now that started in the late Fall 2011 and there was no principal last year (except for an assistant principal acting as principal).

Del Valle Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2011
principal is not liked, yes, and I feel my kids could be more challenged at this school, but it isn't a terrible school. The staff is friendly and although at first my opinion wasn't great, it is an okay school. And yes you can have lunch with your kids.

Del Valle Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2010
My child can not wait to wake up and go to school everyday; that says a lot to me. This little school is trying so hard to make itself a great school. The teachers are excited to be there and teach our children. Please consider this school to win this gracious gift of $20,000. So many schools on this side of town get ignored.

Posted April 09, 2009

Posted January 14, 2009
This is the 6th rating for poor leadership in this school! For your child's sake, avoid Del Valle Elementary. The principal is a tyrant. She should try to smile instead of the negative stare and scowl she gives as you pick up your child. Sad!

Posted October 19, 2008
I have a agree with every rating, Del Valle Elementary is horrible! It is not a very relaxing environment you want your children to attend!! The principle is a joke!!

Posted October 11, 2008
This school is unorganized & I am disappointed in sending my kids here. The principle has no HEART. The kids are scared of her when she should be a role model. You can't even eat lunch with your kids because you re not allowed. I found this out the 3rd day of school that it was a new rule. School has no PARENT INVOLEMENT and it s so small. They have ridiculous rules!

Posted October 04, 2008
I regret sending my child to this school. I agree the administraors do not try. I was not notified when school was let out early durning hurcaine Ike, the school said I should have been watching T.v. Del Valle did not post signs at the school or apologize for the misunderstanding. After school pick up in unorganized and hectic. del Valle could try harder. Most of the teachers care and try. The environment is stressful.

Posted July 26, 2008
Horrible school. The principal is not at all compassionate for the students, teachers or parents. However, the staff is great and make a great effort to be effective teachers with little or no support.

Del Valle Elementary School
5400 Ross Road, Travis County, TX  78617
Last modified Del Valle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Valle Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top