Trophy Club, TX
Students enrolled: 2,306

Posted April 22, 2014
I am new to the School, and went to the registrar's office to enroll my girl for 14-2015 year. She had some athletic background but in general we needed advice and guidance on what to do to have her consider the Athletic program. Also, she is an international student, which makes our questions more 'rich' and complex. We were very well supported by the staff, and not a day has passed without them responding my emails or keeping me copied on important meetings even before the new year starts. They do a great job at including new parents and students, making you feel part of the team. Kudos to Byron Nelson!

Byron Nelson High School 1

Posted November 03, 2013
This school does not hold kids accountable.. They can turn in homework weeks late for a passing grade, they can RE take a test for higher score.. Nobody fails... This does not prepare kids for real life, or college. Need to change there grading policy. We RE changing districts.

Byron Nelson High School 1

Posted October 15, 2013
This school is very snobbish and stuck up. Don't go unless you want to be ridiculed and the teachers don't care.

Byron Nelson High School 4

Posted August 06, 2013
As a former student, I loved my time at Byron. With all the extra curricular activities that were offered, it was nearly impossible to not be included in something. The staff (for the most part) were great, as were (again, most of) the administration. There were some hiccups in dealing with discipline, but the school itself was overall a great experience that really helped to prepare me for what was to come.

Posted July 04, 2013
This is overall a great school from the cafeteria to the teacher/staff involvement. I could not have asked for a better school!

Posted October 02, 2012
We moved into Northwest ISD just prior to my daughter beginning 9th grade. I must say, I have been nothing short of whole-heartedly impressed with the staff, parent/teacher communication, and education. Although Byron Nelson is much larger than any of the schools in our previous district, I feel that we have a much closer relationship with my daughter's teachers than we ever have before. They take a genuine and active interest in her success and went above and beyond to help her adjust. They also hold to extremely high technological and educational standards, so I feel confident that my daughter is receiving the best possible education to prepare her for life moving forward. We couldn't be more pleased with both her experiences as a student and our experiences as parents.

Posted August 25, 2012
I am a Junior at Byron Nelson High School and I couldn't have asked for a better high school to be a part of. This school is very much like a family and for those concerned parents/students I must say coming to Byron Nelson High School is nothing to worry about. As a new student from a different state coming in as a freshmen, it was quite intimidating in my mind. The great thing was that this school offered so much help it made my transition into high school as smooth as possible, I ran for class president, became highly involved in school activities and ranked high among my class rank. My experience at this school has been above and beyond my expectations and I can say without hesitation that it will exceed yours too.

Byron Nelson High School 2

Posted May 03, 2012
Pro: Administrators are very good and motivational. Teachers are caring and work hard to make students successful. Academies are available for students that desire specialization. Cons: Many students from wealthy families results in risky behaviors (can't say more or this wouldn't be posted). My daughter was influenced badly, sad to say. A neighbor's daughter asked her parents to let her be home-schooled so she could escape the environment.

Posted February 15, 2012
This school is a great school for us! The teachers are nice and very helpful! In other words a Great school!

Byron Nelson High School 4

Posted March 09, 2011
Our daughter is a Jr at Byron and the teachers and staff have worked hard to make Byron a place where students have FUN while LEARNING. Teachers are focused on student success and analyze data from students to help them reach their true potential. Students are encouraged to join extra curricular activities and are given opportunities to try new and different sports. Because Byron is small, the opportunities are endless for students. This year Byron has about 1200 students.

Byron Nelson High School
2775 Bobcat Boulevard, Trophy Club, TX  76262
Last modified Byron Nelson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Byron Nelson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top