Trophy Club, TX
Students enrolled: 1,016

Posted May 07, 2015
My kids have attended probably what would be considered more than the usual number of schools due to my husbands work. We moved to Trophy Club last year specifically to attend this school thinking it would be one of the better public schools in the area. Extremely disappointed! Only a few teachers seemed to really care (seemed more interested in just getting through the day), huge lack of communication between teachers and parents as far as what is upcoming in the class, not sure what the function of the counseling department is as we asked for assistance on some issues and never got any serious attention (we finally just decided to give up) and there was a lack of guidance when we were trying to choose classes or information we were given turned out to be incorrect, the student body was very uninterested in welcoming new students in...very cliquish (especially if your student is not an athlete)...and there are really very few activities that are offered to create a sense of "student body" or encourage school spirit and cohesiveness. When we were there we had the worst year of school my kids have ever had. We moved specifically to get in to another school. Much happier now.

Posted April 26, 2015
Had a child this year in school writing in blood in the girls bathroom. Doesn't make for a 4 or 5 star rating. As far as academics I give them a 3 for trying. Too lacks with students allowing them to turn in assignments after they are due or retaking a test for a better grade. The real world doesn't work that way.

Medlin Middle School 2

Posted April 16, 2015
We had a disappointing experience at Medlin where our child attended for 1.5 years. The counseling office provided no support when my child became ill and was unwilling to offer any assistance. The class sizes are very large and are not conducive to children who thrive in a smaller setting.

Posted October 28, 2014
No matter the ridiculous reviews down below; No matter the rating of 4 stars out of 5. The issue I have is not with the testing scores and the academics, but with the facilities. Bathrooms are cleaned rarely and smell horrid, a pungent odor coming down the hall every hour of the day. There is often a thin mold growing on the water fountains. The approximate number of sick days per student a year is between 15-20 a year. I love the staff and the teachers, there to make you understand what you need to, there to understand you and learn from you, taking into consideration what they have learned and using it to teach the next grade level. DO NOT go to this school if you have a need for using the bathroom or for drinking water often, as like said, the facility it purely disgusting.

Medlin Middle School 2

Posted July 13, 2011
All of my nephews go to Medlin and they all have dyslexia and dsygraphia. Medline does not have a program for these special services and has been very difficult to work with. The kids have been extremely sad and frustrated at trying to get help.

Posted March 09, 2010
THe best thing about this school is that they encourage you to constantly do your best and the saying here at Medlin really is true at medlin you never walk alone you always walk with someone by your side at all times.

Posted April 29, 2009
I think this about the best school on earth because i am going there now. Teachers are very supportive

Medlin Middle School 5

Posted October 15, 2008
it rocks! it's the best school u have ever seen! the teachers are the best!

Posted January 12, 2008
I love this school the teachers are understanding and love the students i learn plenty here. And are very tolerant i've gottern in trouble at this school that could've got me jail time but they take time to speak to you about the problems you may have teachers such as mrs.Savell,mrs.Mcleod,mrs.Haughland,ms.Myers,mrs.Shirley,mrs.Roach,mrs.Vineyard,mrs,warren,mrs gibbson,mrs murf,mr.Bixler, coach culberson,coach lovern,coach savell,coach lovern, coach knisley & mrs.Knisley,officer and mrs.Conklin,mr.Harrington,mr.Glancy,mrs.Ellis,mrs.Alwin,mrs.Seltzer,coach mayo,senora webb,coach kephart,coach sis,coach alred etc etc all these have their own personalities and are magnificent educators and i wouldn't recommend any other school on earth!

Posted December 12, 2007
Medlin is an amazing school. I had difficulties in math, and Ms. Boyle was an wonderful teacher, i understand everything now. 6th grade was a good year, and this year, im in 7th grade and everything is better than ever. I don't know how any parent would not want their child to go here! Mrs. Ellis is also a very good princable.

601 Parkview Drive, Trophy Club, TX  76262
Last modified Medlin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Medlin Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top