Bell Elementary School 3

Posted October 11, 2010
The class sizes are very large. Teachers are nice and some so a great job of giving personal attention to those who need it. However, I don't think they are keeping their magnet standards. (They are trying to remedy that.) I never felt they were challenging enough for a bright student. I just found that my kids were coming home bored with school and not wanting to go so often that made me think we needed to find a better school. PTA has been on a down slope since 2006. There is no strong PTA or parent involvement.

Bell Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2006
This is a busy school. Academics are a very high standard. They are teaching the children art, music, introducing them to computers. It is also a magnet school that focuses on the arts. The students are being introduced to video production. They broadcast their morning news 'Bear News' live each and every morning. PTA is very big on campus and there is much parent involvement.

Bell Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2006

Posted January 28, 2006
Bell has an excellent staff of dedicated teachers. Both of my children are thriving in their classrooms with a love for learning. The teachers there are constantly working to challenge gifted learners and go above and beyond to tutor those students that need additional help. I'm impressed by the teachers willingness to provide training sessions for parents as well at all levels K-5. As for extracurricular activities, my daughter participates in a weekly cheerleading program (teacher led) and my son is beginning an afterschool art program for 4th graders with the art teacher. I've never seen a team of teachers so willing to give of their time and talents. Parents are always welcome and encouraged to participate to improve student performance. We are blessed to be a part of Bell Elementary. I highly recommend you check it out if you are interested in an excellent school for your child.

Posted January 12, 2006
Bell is a top notch school. My son is getting an excellent education! Bell has expectations set high for student performance and the teachers work very hard to help every child achieve that goal.

Posted February 23, 2004
Superb teacher - pupil interaction! Goals are set and worked toward- especially good P.E. program, thanks to Judy Stanley.

Bell Elementary School
1409 East Hankerson Street, Tyler, TX  75701
Last modified Bell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top