Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Olympia Elementary School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted July 26, 2016
Mrs. Brewer, the school nurse, has taken on a lot with my son. She is absolutely amazing. My son is Type 1 Diabetic and wears an insulin pump, Mrs. Brewer quickly adjusts to everything I ask of her.

Posted July 26, 2016
My son has been going to Olympia since Pre-K. I absolutely love this school. The teachers are amazing and Mrs. Brewer the school nurse is the best. Everyone is always friendly and courteous.

Posted October 05, 2014
Olympia Elementary is an amazing school that I HIGHLY recommend!! I had both my kids attend from Pre-K through 3rd grade. We had to move out of state, and it was REALLY sad and hard to leave. Olympia feels like home! You walk in and everyone knows you. You are treated like family! The teachers and the staff are amazing with the students. Their programs and activities are great and it is an exceptional learning environment!! MISS the SO much!!

Olympia Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2014
My daughter first year in this school. She was discriminated upon the first day. Teachers and staff at this school favor kids of white background If you are a multi race do not send your child here they WILL be treated different.

Posted April 18, 2014
my school is Olympia, teachers that care, my granddaughter had some problems and they took the time to work with her and give advice on the way she could focus and improve , specially I want to thank miss Saunders she is a teacher that cares.

Posted August 04, 2013
My children have attended Olympia for 4 years now and I can't even begin to say enough good things about it. The teachers and staff are wonderful and so caring. The kids run in the door giving hugs and high fives every morning with smiles on their faces. The teachers academically have been outstanding. The reviews regarding the unfair tardy punishment are ridiculous with the news only reporting half of the story as always. The parents refused to get their child to school on time after many warnings. The strict tardy policy we have is because of parents like this who think they are an exception to the rules. Oh and the punishment of the child sitting alone at lunch was approved by her parents. The student and parent could have stayed after school instead but then they couldn't have alerted the media about that. The child was joined by her family members so she wasn't alone and the table facing the wall is also where parents sit with their children to eat lunch, not nearly as horrible as they made it out to be. I think their child was more traumatized by the unnecessary news cameras. I would highly recommend Olympia, it is a great school!!

Posted May 24, 2013
Excellent memories of an excellent school. I grew up in Olympia on the northeast side of San Antonio and have nothing but outstanding memories of my time at Olympia Elementary. I hope my future children are able to attend a school like Olympia. The only downside is the fact that Olympia feeds into Judson High School. I would have been much happier attending one of the magnet schools around San Antonio.

Olympia Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2013
Punishing the child for the parents is like cutting teachers salaries for their students failing classes. Wait....the teachers are adults. they are responsible for the product they produce. So, why not reduce the teacher's salary by the amount of expense to the parents for the child having to repeat a grade? It's just as fair as what they are doing to the children. Sounds about right.

Olympia Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2013
RE: Well you made the national news for the punishment you dished out to a six year old girl. Do you have any idea of how you have damaged this student? Your punishment is humiliation. I'm 52 and still fighting the bad memories of elementary school. Food should NEVER be use with punishment. I do hope that for the sake of all of the children you'll stop this kind mental punishment. Feel free to contact me.

Olympia Elementary School 4

Posted March 06, 2011
My kids attended Olympia for over 2 years before we moved. We moved right when a new school opened which alleviated the overcrowding but was too late for us. No school, public or private, has 100% fantastic teachers; however, Olympia overall has a very good staff and I was generally happy with the teaching staff and the curriculum. They are understanding of the military as both Army and Air Force are close by. Parents should know there is an early start time ..7:30 and also a strict dress code. Music and Art occur about once every two weeks but is not "non-existent" as one parent noted. Non existent is what we have at our current school, which is no art teacher at all so count your blessings for the fabulous art teacher at Olympia and the big art show they have at the end of the year. We are on our third elementary school and have found that parent involvement is based on the teacher....some teachers want it, others do not and I respect that but there are many areas to be involved in the school if you accept you will not always be in the classroom which is what a lot of parents want. Overall we were happy with Olympia.

Olympia Elementary School
8439 Athenian Drive, Universal City, TX  78148
Last modified Olympia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.