Bad
Good

Posted November 19, 2015
Randolph Field ISD has 3 excellent schools on Randolph AFB. This is our 9th year at RAFB and we have chosen to stay put just because of the excellent services both children received from the schools. Our oldest has Autism and has received excellent, supportive services since KG. He's now in 8th grade and doing well at school. Our 5th grader has followed in his footsteps. Teachers and staff are caring, concerned, and really want to stimulate the WHOLE CHILD. WE ARE VERY LUCKY.

Randolph Elementary School 3

Posted January 13, 2014
We had a positive as well as a negative experience. On the positive side, I felt both my children were safe at this school and I didn't have to worry about drugs. The art program was fantastic. On a negative side, please ask your neighbors and friends about teachers. There are no windows and doors are shut to classrooms so there is VERY little monitoring of what goes on behind closed doors. From my own experience, my child was not the one bullied by the teacher but had to listen as other children were screamed at day in and day out by a stressed teacher. I did end up removing my student but at least one of my child's peers stayed the whole year and had anxiety and depression issues after attending class with this particular teacher. Sad that nothing was done to prevent this from happening. Also, the emphasis is on State Testing and depending on how you feel about that, you will see that students are taught based on "the test" and once testing is over there will be almost 2 months of review translate boredom. If I had to do it all over again, I would send my children here but I would choose their teachers wisely. Experienced parents do choose their teachers at Randolph.

Posted June 11, 2013
BEST SCHOOL!!!! My son attended K-1 (deployed OCONUS) and I am hoping he can return for his 5th grade year!! 2013/14...There is not enough room in this area to properly explain just how GREAT the staff and teachers really are and how much I miss everyone and can not wait to return. I noticed that Mrs Zipp moved to third grade and need to know who to talk to to move her to fifth grade!!!!!! LOL...but will be more than happy with Ms Sadlon or Ms Wagner !!!!! ....I just can not wait to see everyone and to meet all who are new!!!!!

Posted December 30, 2012
This school is so amazing! All four of my kids have greatly improved academically. The teachers are very good working with kids individually. Also the Special ED program is awesome. They have improved my sons needs dramatically.I would STRONGLY recommend this school to anyone!

Randolph Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2011
The education your child receives at this school depends greatly upon which teacher he/she has. The best thing you can do is ask around about what other parents think and trust your intuition. (Always good advice!) If your child has any special need (ADHD,LD, etc.), I highly recommend that you proceed with caution, especially if your child is a transfer student. Bright students do well at Randolph, but then, they do well most everywhere. Students with special needs - including gifted students, may have a difficult time here because they do not fit "in the box". It totally depends on the teacher's willingness to meet your child's needs. As in any school, it is a good idea to stay involved as much as possible to keep an eye on what is going on and listen closely to what your child tells you to ensure that his/her needs are being met. If you are a transfer student the school does not have to accept you and may choose not to for any reason, however minor or unfounded. There are some excellent teachers here as well as those who should never have gotten into the teaching field. If you live off base, you might look into what your local school has to offer. Blessings to you!

Posted March 21, 2010
This scool randolph is great for my child! She has fun every day.After school she'll tell me what she has learned and is trully amazing!And I recommend it to every one

Posted October 23, 2008
I'm an active duty military parent, deployed to Iraq and my son goes to Randolph Elementary. The principle and his teacher, Mrs. Sommers are so great! They both email me with updates on how my son is progressing and adapting to the new environment, his teachers and with his classmates. I also think it's great that they have th 'We Serve, Too' Program for children of deployed parents! It's great to know that we're still being supported and I love the fact that they provide me with peace of mind while I'm away. Thanks so much and keep up the great work. God Bless and God Speed from Iraq.

Posted August 20, 2008
This school is fantastic. The faculty take such a great interest in the students and their families. I'm glad my kids go toRandolph Elementary.

Posted June 17, 2008
We had fantastic teachers in 4th and 5th grade and found everyone at the school (Cafeteria staff, Teachers & Special Aids, School Nurse, Office Staff, Volunteers, etc.) to take a personal interest in the children. The PE program is tops, as are the fabulous art, music, partial-immersion Spanish and computer classes which occur during a 5-day rotation Our two children have blossomed here. As the saying goes, 'Bloom where you are planted' and we sure feel blessed that we were planted here. Our Principals and teachers have been excellent role models for the children, and they all lead fairly, firmly and compassionately while they maintain high standards for both academics and behavior. It's a public school that feels like a private school.

Posted June 02, 2008
This is an awsome school! My son has been in the school for 2 years now and most staff knew his name only weeks after attending. Principal cares. Vice principal cares and aids are helpfull! Teachers are what makes Randolph so great... Ms. Wells, Mrs. English, Mrs. Cutcliff and Mrs. Mitchell are just a few that are fabulous! If you are able to send your child to this school... you are lucky!

P O Box 2217, Universal City, TX  78148
Last modified Randolph Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Randolph Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top