Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids teachers are wonderful and very responsive.

Amount of homework: Agree

I hate students getting homework but it only takes 20 minutes to finish so not too bad. Kids need to play!

We move a lot and have had exposure to different schools. Randolph is by far the best. Teachers and staff are excellent. After school clubs include chess, programming, astronaut, music, and a few others. We love it.

A huge number of teachers donate free time to lead after school clubs, great opportunities for students. This volunteer attitude speaks volumes about the General school culture, that being a place that values achievement and nurture for its students. Communication with home is excellent.

Most of these reviews are very old, so I will breifly update you on my experience with this school. I had two children attend this school, both in the same grade-level. One of the teachers was excellent, the other was not so great. Although this school has great reviews, for those of you with a child that is ESL (English as Second Language), the school is lacking in its ability to teach these children because many of their teachers are not certified to teach ESL students. Because my son is from another country, and even though he speaks English better than his first language, he is still considered an "ESL" student and requires an ESL certified teacher. This school has only one for his grade level. They didn't test my son to get a baseline of his ability to get out of the ESL program. Instead they tried to kick him out of the school on two separate occasions (as a 1st grader). When he performed "poor," they blamed it on his "ESL" status and not the teachers ability to actually connect with my son, and teach him.

Randolph Field ISD has 3 excellent schools on Randolph AFB. This is our 9th year at RAFB and we have chosen to stay put just because of the excellent services both children received from the schools. Our oldest has Autism and has received excellent, supportive services since KG. He's now in 8th grade and doing well at school. Our 5th grader has followed in his footsteps. Teachers and staff are caring, concerned, and really want to stimulate the WHOLE CHILD. WE ARE VERY LUCKY.

We had a positive as well as a negative experience. On the positive side, I felt both my children were safe at this school and I didn't have to worry about drugs. The art program was fantastic. On a negative side, please ask your neighbors and friends about teachers. There are no windows and doors are shut to classrooms so there is VERY little monitoring of what goes on behind closed doors. From my own experience, my child was not the one bullied by the teacher but had to listen as other children were screamed at day in and day out by a stressed teacher. I did end up removing my student but at least one of my child's peers stayed the whole year and had anxiety and depression issues after attending class with this particular teacher. Sad that nothing was done to prevent this from happening. Also, the emphasis is on State Testing and depending on how you feel about that, you will see that students are taught based on "the test" and once testing is over there will be almost 2 months of review translate boredom. If I had to do it all over again, I would send my children here but I would choose their teachers wisely. Experienced parents do choose their teachers at Randolph.

BEST SCHOOL!!!! My son attended K-1 (deployed OCONUS) and I am hoping he can return for his 5th grade year!! 2013/14...There is not enough room in this area to properly explain just how GREAT the staff and teachers really are and how much I miss everyone and can not wait to return. I noticed that Mrs Zipp moved to third grade and need to know who to talk to to move her to fifth grade!!!!!! LOL...but will be more than happy with Ms Sadlon or Ms Wagner !!!!! ....I just can not wait to see everyone and to meet all who are new!!!!!

This school is so amazing! All four of my kids have greatly improved academically. The teachers are very good working with kids individually. Also the Special ED program is awesome. They have improved my sons needs dramatically.I would STRONGLY recommend this school to anyone!

The education your child receives at this school depends greatly upon which teacher he/she has. The best thing you can do is ask around about what other parents think and trust your intuition. (Always good advice!) If your child has any special need (ADHD,LD, etc.), I highly recommend that you proceed with caution, especially if your child is a transfer student. Bright students do well at Randolph, but then, they do well most everywhere. Students with special needs - including gifted students, may have a difficult time here because they do not fit "in the box". It totally depends on the teacher's willingness to meet your child's needs. As in any school, it is a good idea to stay involved as much as possible to keep an eye on what is going on and listen closely to what your child tells you to ensure that his/her needs are being met. If you are a transfer student the school does not have to accept you and may choose not to for any reason, however minor or unfounded. There are some excellent teachers here as well as those who should never have gotten into the teaching field. If you live off base, you might look into what your local school has to offer. Blessings to you!

Last modified Randolph Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.