Bad
Good

Posted January 28, 2013
Awesome staff n administrators, very active beyond duty. Very comfortable school with lots of charm. I am very thankful for my kids to attend such a wonderful school.

Posted September 16, 2012
Small class size, wonderful teachers, and a clean school. It's WAY better than the schools I went too lol

Posted May 14, 2011
Just another school with a curriculum based entirely on the low standards set by "no child left behind." Looks like a trailer home from the outside. On the inside, a very mediocre curriculum geared towards getting children to pass the minimum standards. Because other schools in the district do not have so many children who need to have the entire curriculum geared to them, there is more leeway for acceleration. Very Strict environment which I suppose is necessary considering the kids with special behavioral needs and low academic ability funneled to the school. I home school rather than send my 2 kids here. They are an average of 2-3 years above grade level in every subject. My 11 year old is doing algebra, my 6 year old has the reading ability of a 4-5th grader. There was nothing for them at Rose Garden.

Rose Garden Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2011
Schools are a lot like people in some respect. You can't judge a person's character or abilities by the clothes they wear or the neighborhood in which they live; but some people do. Yes Rose Garden has a high percentage of economically disadvantaged and at risk students. It is now the oldest school in the district, but there is a charm about it and it still feels like a neighborhood campus. A school is not just about the demographics of its student population or the surrounding real estate; it is about the caring people who see the potential to learn in all children. The teachers and staff at Rose Garden do a wonderful job of teaching those children. The fact that Rose Garden received an exemplary rating is proof all children can be academically successful if they are given the tools to learn by teachers who inspire their students to reach for the stars. I raised 2 sons through this district many years ago and Rose Garden was their elementary campus. My house won't make the Better Homes and Gardens magazine and I don't wear designer clothes. But my husband and I instilled in our children the importance of education and to never judge people by their economic standing.

Posted August 02, 2010
In these times all school are geared to teach and pass the TAKS test, but these guys make it some how fun. I have had 4 children go through this school and all have approved of it to include The Wife!!. My spouse has asked to be involved in our kids classroom and has been invited to come back several times. Some parents today want the school not only to do the teaching but also the parenting of their children. I find it that the more that you seek to be involved with the school the more of a greater and happier experience you will have here. Sincerely, A Dad

Posted June 22, 2010
I went for a month and cried every day. strict and boring. kids were not very smart, my mom said it is a feeder school for kids with problems. soooooo glad I left.

Posted December 17, 2009
I have 3 boys who are attending, or have attended this school, and I have one more boy that soon will be attending this school. We love Rose Garden Elementary, now rated exemplary by the state. The teachers are excellent, the principal and support staff are outstanding, and they all take the time to know our children names, and their siblings names. I am not sure why the other posts said that parent involvement is not encouraged, because I am very involved and volunteer all the time. There are also a lot of other parents who volunteer as well. My boys not only have teachers, they have lifelong mentors who take in interest in them after they leave. I would not want my boys to go to any other school, because they receive the best education right now!

Posted August 01, 2008
Curriculum is geared to the minimum knowledge needed for the TAKS. Kids in 1st greade were learning numbers 1-10 for 2 months! Talking was discourgaged at lunchtime, and the environment seemed very strict. My son was very bored yet made to do a lot of repetitive homework which was tedious because he knew the concepts. Parental involvemet is discouraged, i asked at least 3 times to be involved in the PTO and never received calls back, and then heard that the officers had been elected. I would not recommend

Posted July 15, 2008
Horrible! horrible! horrible! The admin. staff do not truly care about the children just recieveing money from the state! This school did not teach my children anything that i already did not teach them at home! do not send them to this school!

Posted November 28, 2007
This is an excellent scholl with excellent staff. Most teachers in all different grade levels know my children's names. I have a child in Kinder & 3rd and have nothing but highest regard for the staff & principal of this school. The comments in the previous post regarding the TAKS test has nothing to to with this school. That is a state mandated test and requires the school to prep the students. Also, the gifted program has nothing to do with, if your child can regurgitate facts and count. That aside, I appreciate all the care and effort extended to my children by the more than capable staff. I wouldn't want them to go anywhere else.

Rose Garden Elementary School
305 North Boulevard, Universal City, TX  78148
Last modified Rose Garden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.