No rating

First Baptist Academy Of Universal City

Private | PK-12

Living in Universal City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $132,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted May 7, 2014

My son attended First Baptist and now that we have moved on to another school and the difference in attitude and teaching style are polar opposites. First Baptist didn't show much concern for my son as an individual; their main concern was only the curriculum. When my son didn't fit into the model he was automatically reprimanded. In my opinion many of the negative stereotypes of Christian schools rang true: Poor quality of teachers, poor funding base and extreme discipleship. Do you really need to teach a 4 year old about sin? A new gym is not my main priority.

Posted December 5, 2013

New facilities in store for 2014 - all new educational wing for 5th - 12th grades and a new GYM. FBA is a great school. You should know by now there is no perfect school. However, FBA is as good as they get!! The administration bends over backwards to accommodate most students and works with parents more than any school I've had my children in. This is the most loving and nurturing school environment I've ever experienced and if you don't believe me just ask any parent that has their child there now. If a Christ centered, solid curriculum based, affordable school is what you are looking for then FBA fits the bill. Both my kids went there and they have not had any issues transitioning into college.

Posted December 3, 2013

Looking for schools can really be a task for a parent, therefore I wanted to share some info with you because I did my homework when we moved here. First Baptist Academy in Universal City is an exceptional Academy and compared to surrounding Christian Academy's their tuition is affordable! They offer K3-12 grade and was a perfect fit for our family. Not only do they provide an excellent academic program, they teach our children how to grow their faith and character development. I am so pleased with all of the staff and teachers at the academy and how they assist me with any and everything I need. Their warm sweet spirit is evident every time I am up at the school and I can see the reflection of this attitude being taught to the students. I love to have lunch with my daughter and see her interact with her friends. She is growing academically and spiritually and I couldn't be more pleased with a school.....and excited about the NEW Gym being built -- can't wait to watch all the FBA Sports Events!

Posted March 15, 2013

Most of the teachers are nice and care very much about the children (especially K-6); however, some HS teachers are poor and/or overly harsh. Very poor administration. Parents as well as children must absolutely obey and support everything they say . Be careful if you feel the need to challenge these people. It is a VERY rigid 'their way or the highway' environment. Granted, they will listen to your problem, complaint or suggestion. But then they will tell you how you need to submit to their authority over your child and do exactly as they say. Limited academics, they simply do not have the funding to properly educate an advanced student in the science or computer fields. My 4.0 GPA child didn't feel well prepared for college. Christian environment overall. You just have to realize what you are giving up.

Posted March 1, 2013

My daughter is in the High School and has been there since 1st grade with the exception of 3rd grade when we thought we would save some money and send her to a charter school (big mistake!). We have loved the teachers and staff. We have also had our son who is second grade enrolled since pre-k. They will always stay there as long as we are here.

Posted February 6, 2013

First Baptist Academy is a school not only committed to excellance in education, they care about the student. You have the feeling of being apart of their family. I have never been a part of a school that cares so much about building relationships between teacher and students. It is so easy to communitate with the teachers, and they sincerely want to assist you with whatever your needs may be. The administrator is always available to speak with and is always out in the hallways greeting the children and making them feel comfortable to speak to her anytime. This school is truly excellent and you won't find a better leadership team anywhere else.

Posted February 6, 2013

My daughter started preschool and graduated from high school. It was very important that she be in a Christian school. FBA is truly a faith based school. Our daughter received a good education in a very loving enviroment.

Posted February 6, 2013

My granddaughter attends First Baptist Academy. She started at this school when she was only 4 years old and I am certain that this school shaped her character and grew her faith into the young 17 year old girl she is today. The education and christian environment is a true blessing. Children are the future hope of our great nation and I am thankful that First Baptist Acadmey is helping educate and instill values and character in our young generation.

Posted January 25, 2013

FBA is an excellent school that we've been very pleased with since our daughter started 3 years ago in their K3 program. The teachers and staff have high expectations for the children and do everything they can to set them up for success. The administrator is the kind of person who stops you in the hall to ask how your doing and to give Godly council. I really appreciate leadership that sees a problem in academics and does an about-face to correct it. This year the school switched their reading/phonics program for preK-2nd grade when they noticed problems with the older students. So far it's been a successful switch. At halfway through Kindergarten the kids have started writing in cursive. They started reading a year ago (halfway into K4). In our 3 years at the school I've only known of 1 preK student being dismissed. The issues were addressed many times and finally 1 day before Christmas break last year he bit another student. He was already on his last chance. In my experience FBA diligently works with both parents and students to solve problems unfortunately they couldn't help him. My one regret with being a military family is knowing we will one day leave FBA behind.

Posted November 17, 2011

We have been familiar with FBAUC for several years. We have been impressed with the school and the children that we knew there. Last year as we entered 1 of our 3 children into the Middle School age class and new environment, we have never been so pleased. We have now entered the other 2 and could not be happier. The staff as well as the teachers have been extremely honest and helpful in every area. The change from a public system to a private is not always an easy transition for the parent as well as the children. The Godly care and love for the kids has been refreshing. The academic strength and pressure has been a healthy change and forces responsibility on the kids in a healthy way. We have had a great experience with the school in every way to date. We are only looking forward to a GYM! This would make the whole experience a little more enjoyable for the athletic aspect of the school. Hopefully, this to shall come!

Posted September 16, 2011

I attended this school prior to the change of name when it was UCCA. I attended from PreK to 6th grade (highest level at the time). I still remain active in the involvements at the school as well as the church, staff, and teachers. I dont know if it has changed since I attended a decade or so ago. but I know there are still many familiar faces which cant possibly mean anything else other than it is still the wonderful school it was when i was a child. I have since thanked my parents for allowing me the experience. In highschool I was re united with a boy I went to the fourth grade with there, and he still remembers that year as the best year of his childhood. I have made life long friendships with my fellow students and now as an adult with the teachers and words could never express what I have learned about (tradition educations of course too) God, Faith. Hope, and Love. I doubt that I would be the loving woman of God that I am today If i had not attended First Baptist. If I live here still when I have children they will no doubt attend at least for a good foundation of elementary education at first baptist.

Posted May 6, 2008

My daughter is in K4 and it is a wonderful program. Going five days a week for half a day prepares them for kindergarten and it's schedule. The staff love the children and teach them the importance of God and how to love each other. It is a great school and I would send her to kindergarten there is we weren't moving. All of the teachers are attentive to the kids and her, Mrs. Rightnour, is a wonderful Christian teacher who loves all of her kids.

Posted May 27, 2005

Good school, very advanced academics. Everyone is nice and parents are involved.

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (210) 658-7024

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious