Universal City, TX

Posted January 09, 2015
My daughter is in pre k 3. She comes home full of excitement telling me all about every day. I hear it all, Bible verses, songs, activities, math, library, Jesus stories and of course all about her friends. I've met lots of parents from all the events and birthday parties. The only thing I dislike is transportation. The school busses are for sports and field trips only. My child's happiness and how she is learning and growing in our church makes it all worth it.

Posted November 21, 2014
This school is simply not equipped (whether due to unwillingness or inability) to nurture and develop advanced learners. As other posters have accurately noted, it's the school's way and nothing else. But this school's rigidity and refusal even to attempt to accommodate children who need more of a challenge is unacceptable, particularly when parents are paying tuition. The school changed its curriculum recently; it is no longer advanced, and my child would actually have been behind public schools had we not worked over the summer to catch up. Concerning the environment, we do not believe in yelling at or otherwise morally demeaning our child, but this is the accepted culture of this school. Thankfully, we "escaped" FBA and are now seeing our child bloom. Our new school has helped foster the rehabilitation (both academically and with respect to his self-esteem) necessary after the damage caused by our stint at FBA. Oh-but they have a new gym.

Posted September 17, 2014
This is my child's first year attending FBA and I am completely satisfied. The small classroom size and the faith base was our prority. Yes there is fundraising but it is not mandatory. I know because we didn't do it. Sometimes you can sometimes you cant. The tuition is very affordable and seeing the change in my young child is worth every penny. I am very satisfied that we decided FBA over public school.

Posted September 16, 2014
This school needs to be totally revamped. I know that this is ultimately a business but putting the children at the bottom of this list is not OK. Fundraising is always the focus and if you don't sell, you will ultimately pay. I refuse to be bullied when I'm already paying you tuition.

Posted December 05, 2013
New facilities in store for 2014 - all new educational wing for 5th - 12th grades and a new GYM. FBA is a great school. You should know by now there is no perfect school. However, FBA is as good as they get!! The administration bends over backwards to accommodate most students and works with parents more than any school I've had my children in. This is the most loving and nurturing school environment I've ever experienced and if you don't believe me just ask any parent that has their child there now. If a Christ centered, solid curriculum based, affordable school is what you are looking for then FBA fits the bill. Both my kids went there and they have not had any issues transitioning into college.

Posted December 03, 2013
Looking for schools can really be a task for a parent, therefore I wanted to share some info with you because I did my homework when we moved here. First Baptist Academy in Universal City is an exceptional Academy and compared to surrounding Christian Academy's their tuition is affordable! They offer K3-12 grade and was a perfect fit for our family. Not only do they provide an excellent academic program, they teach our children how to grow their faith and character development. I am so pleased with all of the staff and teachers at the academy and how they assist me with any and everything I need. Their warm sweet spirit is evident every time I am up at the school and I can see the reflection of this attitude being taught to the students. I love to have lunch with my daughter and see her interact with her friends. She is growing academically and spiritually and I couldn't be more pleased with a school.....and excited about the NEW Gym being built -- can't wait to watch all the FBA Sports Events!

Posted March 15, 2013
Most of the teachers are nice and care very much about the children (especially K-6); however, some HS teachers are poor and/or overly harsh. Very poor administration. Parents as well as children must absolutely obey and support everything they say . Be careful if you feel the need to challenge these people. It is a VERY rigid 'their way or the highway' environment. Granted, they will listen to your problem, complaint or suggestion. But then they will tell you how you need to submit to their authority over your child and do exactly as they say. Limited academics, they simply do not have the funding to properly educate an advanced student in the science or computer fields. My 4.0 GPA child didn't feel well prepared for college. Christian environment overall. You just have to realize what you are giving up.

First Baptist Academy Of Universal City 4

Posted March 01, 2013
My daughter is in the High School and has been there since 1st grade with the exception of 3rd grade when we thought we would save some money and send her to a charter school (big mistake!). We have loved the teachers and staff. We have also had our son who is second grade enrolled since pre-k. They will always stay there as long as we are here.

Posted February 06, 2013
First Baptist Academy is a school not only committed to excellance in education, they care about the student. You have the feeling of being apart of their family. I have never been a part of a school that cares so much about building relationships between teacher and students. It is so easy to communitate with the teachers, and they sincerely want to assist you with whatever your needs may be. The administrator is always available to speak with and is always out in the hallways greeting the children and making them feel comfortable to speak to her anytime. This school is truly excellent and you won't find a better leadership team anywhere else.

First Baptist Academy Of Universal City 4

Posted February 06, 2013
My daughter started preschool and graduated from high school. It was very important that she be in a Christian school. FBA is truly a faith based school. Our daughter received a good education in a very loving enviroment.

First Baptist Academy Of Universal City
1401 Pat Booker Road, Universal City, TX  78148
Last modified First Baptist Academy Of Universal City is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
First Baptist Academy Of Universal City Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top