Victoria, TX

O'connor Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2011
O'Connor is not what I have in mind as a magnet school. Some of the teachers are rude, and seem to be waiting for the end of the day bell. The "magnet" part is inappropriate, since they lack MANY of the programs that are associated with "magnet". Even some of the more "low-funded" schools in this area have better programs for education and student involvement. Safety-O'Connor needs to seriously get with the program here. The before and after school pick-up is a disaster, and I find it utterly amazing that there have not been any kids hit -yet. One of the crosswalk teachers allows the kids to run out ahead of her before she has had a chance to see if the lane is clear due to vehicles passing the line of parked cars. Maybe I am over-cautious but I would think as an adult, she should walk out to the middle of the crosswalk, stop traffic, THEN let the children cross. What really takes the cake for me though is when my child comes home and tells me that his teacher has told the class that one of the kids who is acting up "Did not take his medication today". Seems to me that this falls under the child's right to medical privacy act. My advice do not willingly send your kids here.

O'connor Elementary School 4

Posted February 03, 2006
O'conner Elem. is a great school with helpful teachers and staff. They do care about how you child is doing and they are big on parents helping at home.

O'connor Elementary School
P O Box 1759, Victoria, TX  77902
Last modified O'connor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O'connor Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top