No rating

Nazareth Academy Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 300 students

Our school is best known for graduating students prepared to learn and serve.

Living in Victoria

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $93,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted April 29, 2014

Nazareth Academy continues to give my son a nurturing, Christian environment. Most of all, they have encouraged my son while teaching him self-discipline and respect. I must stress that they are positive and have built up my son and his confidence. The teachers and staff are positive and exceptional to our family!

Posted April 29, 2014

The best Private Catholic School around! I wouldn't choose any other school for my child. The teachers care about the kids. It is nice to be apart of a school that is so close knit and willing to help at anytime!

Posted April 29, 2014

Nazareth Academy is a wonderful Christian environment where a child can learn and thrive! In the short year that our daughter has attended, it has been the most amazing journey. She was having trouble as young 4k'er and the teachers recognized immediately that she needed additional help and suggested she go to a program during a portion of her class time to get individualized attention, since then she has excelled and is ready for Kindergarten! She is excited about school and loves to show us all that she is learning. The staff makes sure to greet you when you enter the building and the parents of other students are equally friendly and welcoming. The overall atmosphere is welcoming and allows you to feel a sense of calm as you leave your child in their care for the day. The leadership at Nazareth is second to none, the administrative staff is kind with just the right amount of authority to help our young people grow into respectable adults. My husband and I believe this is the right place for our family and we are thankful every day to be a part of the Nazareth Academy Family.

Posted April 29, 2014

GREAT school coupled with a GREAT staff! My child is fortunate to be a Jet for Jesus. He loves NA and has a family he can call his own.

Posted April 29, 2014

My school is great in academic performance and providing the needs for our students! Needs improvement in one-to-one relationships. New teachers come in and aren't aware of the personal relations that the students have with the "faithful" teachers and they don't develop the one-to-one relationship which is greatly needed in order for all to be successful! Preparing for High School is a plus but a bit too much with the new teachers! Students are definitely well informed and knowledgeable in every subject; A+ rating!

Posted April 29, 2014

I feel it's only right to say my child has totally bloomed this year in his pre-k class & he loves his teacher. I'd recommend this school and it's staff. They give me a feeling of peace & security being this is my sons first year in school. Thank you Nazareth Academy !

Posted April 29, 2014

Nazareth Academy is a wonderful school! My child has gone there for 4 yrs and I've enjoyed working with the staff in developing my daughter.

Posted April 29, 2014

Great school where classmates know each other and each others parents. Also parents know classmates parents.

Posted April 28, 2014

Nazareth has been a tradition in both my husband and my family. We have been very pleased with the education that our children have received and will continue to send our children to this excellent school where God is always present!

Posted April 25, 2014

BEST Catholic school in Victoria, TX! NA is strong in curriculum with religion being a vital role across academics.

Posted April 24, 2014

Fabulous school with great teachers. I have been more than impressed with the advancement of my son's academics. Teachers keep him on task. My son looks forward to school in the mornings :)

Posted April 23, 2014

I believe Nazareth Academy is a great school. My child went there and learned so much. Not only did she learn academics, she learned to be compassionate and loving. She also gained lifetime friends. I like the way the school gets the parents involved and keeps them posted on how the children are doing in school. Nazareth Academy prepared my child to enter into High School with confidence and the ability to succeed in all of her studies. Thanks Nazareth!

Posted April 23, 2014

I value the curriculum and religious education my children get at NA. The standards of learning and expectations are high when compared to that of public school. The teachers truly care for their students and take the time needed to help them. Christian values are truly implemented at NA. The respect and morals my children are learning there go hand in hand in what I'm teaching them at home. NA also offers extra curricular activities such as choir and sports. I feel NA is a safe and loving environment for my children to learn and grow.

Posted April 23, 2014

We can't imagine our child going anywhere else but Nazareth Academy! Not only do they provide the top classes available but they also teach morals and acceptable behavior to help students grow to be an upstanding and productive member of society. It is a more intimate environment where students and parents feel welcome and truly cared for.

Posted April 22, 2014

Nazareth Academy is a great school! My son has been there for 2 years now and we just finished enrollment for next year. My brother and myself also attended school there when we were younger. The teachers are great the atmosphere is great! They teach the students manners, religion also offer mass every week. Even when I was younger kids that were not catholic attended the school because their parents loved the education and environment the school offered. I would definitely recommend the school to anyone thinking about it. I would do whatever I could just to send my children there so they can have the best education and mentors in town!

Posted April 22, 2014

Nazareth Academy, under the direction of Sr. Evelyn Korenek is set to soar to even greater heights. My child is challenged academically, guided morally, and fostered spiritually. I challenge other Nazareth parents to become involved and donate their time as often as they can; this is the only area that I think we need improvement in.

Posted April 22, 2014

Our experience with Nazareth Academy has been wonderful. My son has thrived in this close knit environment. The teachers and staff are caring individuals. It is a school that makes you WANT to be involved as a parent. The weekly mass is a shining example of the students good behavior.

Posted April 22, 2014

Nazareth Academy is an outstanding school! Our daughter is finishing her second year at NA and we couldn't be happier with the school. We love the teachers and the administration. We believe that our child is receiving the best education in town. She attends Mass and religion class regularly and is encouraged to learn about, pray to and thank God for everything. I strongly recommend this school for any child PK3 - 8th grade! Go Jets for Jesus!

Posted April 22, 2014

Former Student I attended Nazareth Academy from pre-k up until the eighth grade. It was probably one of the best decisions my parents could have made for me. I decided to attend a public high school (which I'm sure terrified my parents), but all went well. With the academic background I received from NA, along with the morals and discipline that was drilled into me.. I breezed through high school, graduated from college, and now have great job as a nurse! I do not have children of my own yet, but when the time comes, I will definitely not have to think twice about sending them to Nazareth Academy!!

Posted April 22, 2014

Nazareth Academy is one of the best schools in Victoria, Texas. The teaching is top notch, expectations are high and students there thrive!

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Sister Evelyn Korenek
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
  • Honors track
  • Teacher-run
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Library
  • Music room
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Victoria

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
Media arts

School culture

• Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
St. Joseph High School