Vidor, TX
Students enrolled: 1,357

Vidor High School 5

Posted January 01, 2008
I went here When i was a student it's Awesome i loved it.

Posted September 11, 2004
Overall the VISD is an excellent school district. I commend the school board for their stance on the new dress code. It has been needed for many years now. I graduated from this school in 1975 and since then it has only gone up in standards. The problem with this district is that there is no corporal punishment because teachers and educators are in fear of violating some minor persons civil rights. Minors have no rights other than to abide by the rules. Parents in general want the teachers and principals to raise their kids, not educate them. This schools exemplary status in the State only proves how well this district is doing. It is 200% better than the largest school district across the river. Keep up the good work.

Posted March 02, 2004
All 3 of my children attended here and graduated. Their teachers were excellent. I've also had a granddaughter to attend and graduate from this school. Her instructors were willing to work with her and her counselor was fantastic. It does have a closed campus. Yes I'd recommend this school although the traffic is horrible getting to and from when school is either starting or letting out.

Vidor High School 3

Posted September 09, 2003
My children both graduated from this school. It is an old facility that is now undergoing rebuilding. The traffic situation in and out of the school is terrible. The teachers I came in contact with were generally competent with a few burnouts waiting for retirement. Those who I know personally have complained about the lack of discipline and respect of the modern student. There are an inordinate number of reckless drivers, confederate flags, and general hooligans in this area. I would not recommend it.

Posted August 22, 2003
I have went here three years and now I am a senior. I love the school and am proud to be graduating from it.

Posted June 17, 2003
my daughter has gone to this school for two years and now we're moving. she would have been a junior at this high school. and from what i've seen and heard, its an excelent school. her teachers were able to help her out as much as she needed and her principle was there to talk to us when needed. also, her counsler was very helpful to my daughter. i recommend this high school to anyone. they have blocked schedules with 4 classes a day which are an hour and 45 minutes long. they have 3 different lunches and 8 minutes in between classes. its a terrific school.

Vidor High School
500 Orange Street, Vidor, TX  77662
Last modified Vidor High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vidor High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top