Texas Christian Academy

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Waco

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $97,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Sweep tile

Posted January 24, 2014

TCA is a great school with a high education. The school has top rated teachers and faculty.It has a very safe environment with one on one learning.

Posted July 6, 2011

Registrar refused to mail me an admissions packet :( I told them we just moved and printer is packed away and busy unpacking to make it to SUMMER office hrs with a 45 min drive one way to get there. I contacted other christian schools in area and they said they'd have no problem mailing me a packet. I'm picky as to where my kids go to school so if this Christian school can't even work with a prospective students parent how do they act if they are enrolled and you've paid their fees and tuition.?! Sorry, but very disappointed and not a good first impression, so looking elsewhere to send my kids!

Posted July 6, 2011

This school is on a downward spiral and has been for years. We know many families who have sent their children there in the past, paid a lot of money to send them, and they've been pleased. Now they are sending their kids to other schools because all the great teachers who were there for years have left. Classes are being combined because the number of students going there has gone down so much. Parents of kids who go there tell us there is way too much fundraising. They are not very organized and don't communicate very well. We wanted to send our child because of the smaller class sizes, but have decided against it.

Posted January 22, 2011

My sister and I have been at this school for 3 years. The teachers are nice and helpful in everything. Almost everyone is really nice (there's always those bad eggs). There aren't as many academic opportunities as other schools, but socially, it's the best.

Posted March 14, 2009

I <3 TCA here it is soo friendly and nice and i like it here cause everything is great the teacheres are awsome and they really care about the students here and i love how we have chapel once a week and how we have latin and drama and spanish and art and chior and orcastra i just love it! I dont want to go any were else ever!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 22, 2005

I love TCA. My children love TCA. Academics are rigorous. Vocal music and orchestra program are great. TCA sports are the best in Central Texas. I cannot say enough good things about this school. We have been a part of TCA since it began in 2000 and would not have our children any where else.

Posted September 2, 2004

We currently have 3 sons at TCA, and one son graduated last year and is now at Mary-Hardin Baylor. We are very impressed with the level of education; each year it gets better. We are pleased that Latin and logic are available, as well as honors classes and dual credit courses. The athletic program is outstanding, with wonderful, encouraging coaches and we usually have winning seasons in most sports. Most impressive, however, is the commitment of each teacher and coach to impart Christian values to the kids. This is not a Christian school in name only, as some Christian schools are. The opportunity to live out their faith is definitely available. My children have absolutely flourished here. I also appreciate that this is not a 'rich kids only' private school; financial aid is available to all who qualify.
—Submitted by a staff