Bad
Good

My son is 6-years -old and he still cannot read a word. He was diagnosed with autism, ADHD, and other psychotic disorder. The school does not recognize these problems and refuses to give him special-ed. They do not know the meaning of "not one child left behind." Also, to pick up your children in the afternoon is a joke! I would never recommend this school to anyone.

My son missed out on pre-k, and started kindergarten at DHE....the teacher was a mid twenties, impatient MESS. Sat my son in the back of the class because he liked to ask her questions..LITERALLY called him an embarrassment on the day of their thanksgiving lunch, and excluded him from wearing the turkey head wear the class made. And when we tried to change his teacher they suggested it wasn't a good idea. Their pick up and drop off routine is TERRIBLE. Traffic is out of control in this area in the morning and afternoon. WOULD NOT recommend. Teachers AND THE STAFF don't care for parent interaction....and the office staff is RUDE.

Both of my children to go Dean Highland. The Staff is awesome and the school is a great place for your children!

I have been in education for 13 years. Dean Highland is a wonderful school!! The teachers/administration are highly educated and professional. The students receive the utmost respect and care from all of the staff at Dean Highland. They are taught valuable lessons in responsibility, respect (for self and others) and many other important character traits. Great school!

Dean Highland is a great school! I rate it 5 stars for excellent teachers, strong leadership, and rigorous curriculum.

I am very disappointed in this school. The vice principal, Mr. Robbins, does not want to work with you with any problems and the principal, never can call a parent back. I already changed my son's teacher once, and the one his has now, Mrs. Coatney, is really great!! But, the administration, talking about the ones from the office, are unwilling to work with parents, when I believe parents have a right to have a say-so with their children. I know my child isn't perfect, but I am very understanding with the school, especially since I will be a teacher in about a year, but they will NOT WORK WITH PARENT!! I will be sending my kids back to Crestview next year because they are soooo much better!!!

I think this is a good school. They are good at trying to keep parents involved with their children. And good about keeping the parents informed about activities and important information each month by sending home a monthly newsletter. About everything going on each month.

Last modified Dean Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.