Waco, TX

Posted September 17, 2013
My grandson is currently in the 1st grade at Mountainview Elementary School. He had a great educational experience there in Kindergarten and is finding the same caring, competent faculty in 1st grade. So far, we are more than pleased with the entire experience he is having.

Posted March 23, 2006
There is a huge parent involvement at Mountainview. The music and P.E. departments are great. The school has either been recognized or exemplary for years. The teachers are the best in Waco ISD. They care about each and every student as an individual. They learn what each one needs and how to best help that child. There is a special learning class, which is self contained. Overall Mountainview is wonderful.

Posted January 19, 2006
My child went to this school for her kindergarten thru part of her second grade years. She really enjoyed it very much. The quality of education was awesome. She advanced in everything she did, due to the teachers being so helpful. The only reason she was taken out of the school was becasue we moved to a different city. Now that we are ack in Waco, she is attending a different elementary school for third grade. She frequently asks when she can go back to Mountainview, but we live in a different area now. I am going to try to ask for a transfer for this next year. I believe my children will do very good in this school. And now she has a younger brother who will be in first grade next year.

Posted November 29, 2005
Under difficult circumstances I ended up with 3 grandkids to raise. The 2 oldest are in Elementary school and I signed them up at Mountainview based on residence. Everyone that I came in contact with at Mountainview were wonderful. They helped me enroll the children even though I had none of their records, shot records, etc. They understood the situation and came to my rescue. The children came to me with little usable clothing. The nurse sparked the interest and concern of others at the school and we ended up with enough clothing for the children. They helped me with food until I was able to get assistance to help me. They pulled strings and was able to get one of the kids in to see a dentist to correct a problem that was severe. I am not easily impressed, but this school impresses me.

Posted August 18, 2005
- a administrator
Mountainview is awsome and has a great principle and staff!

Mountainview Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2005

Posted September 05, 2004
Excellent teachers and support staff, PTA and parental envolvement, outstanding library, and programs such as gifted and talented, music, accelerated reading, and morally strong students.

Posted August 26, 2003
I think that this school is by far the best there is in an elem. school. All the teachers are great. Mrs.Tipton is a wonderful teacher and Mr.Vasek is an great principal.

Mountainview Elementary School
5901 Bishop Drive, Waco, TX  76710
Last modified Mountainview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountainview Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top