PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teachers are inadequate to handle children being bullied. Don't be fooled; this school is NOT a Christian environment. My daughter was routinely bullied by students in her class and the sixth grade teacher who has been there for many years did nothing even though the kids did it in front of her. The teacher also said rude things to my daughter and treated her unfairly. We complained numerous times.

In 2013 and 2014, readers of the Waco Tribune-Herald have voted St. Louis School as the best private school in Waco. I'm not surprised. I love it, and my child loves it. The academics are challenging, the teachers are loving yet maintain discipline and academic rigor, and the administrators are proactive. Any problems that have come up are dealt with swiftly and fairly. It's worth the investment to send your child to a private Christian school, and I can't imagine being more pleased with a school than I am with St. Louis. And don't feel like you need to be Catholic to check out St. Louis. St. Louis is welcoming to non-Catholics, and in fact, almost half of the students there are not Catholic.

Not only is God and our faith a part of our family life, but having that in school has been very special for my kids. It's a nice "normal" in the world we live in today. The teachers are amazing and truly care for the kids. We moved from another state and were warmly welcomed from the first day.

I like that St. Louis is a very diverse school. Classes are small. The students are respectful. Teachers send out homework assignments daily via email so the parent always knows what their child is working on. Grades can be viewed online as well. Overall, I know the work is challenging and that my child will be well-prepared for high school. An older child graduated from St. Louis and did very well in high school and college, and I believe it was due to the education received at St. Louis from k-8th grade.

I went here for a year in junior high. The teachers were rude, often aloof and often didn't really know their subject (they just read the textbooks to us). The administration was poor, biased and they didn't even really address any of the problems my peers and I had.

Last modified St Louis Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8