Waco, TX
After care: No

Posted December 08, 2014
Vanguard College Preparatory School is a great school. This school prepared my 3 children for college. They found their freshman years in college easier than high school. The academics are a given at Vanguard. The sports program is wonderful and one of inclusiveness. Vanguard pushes students to try new things and get involved in the many clubs and arts. The individual attention and small classroom sizes give the teachers the ability to teach and move at a quick pace.

Posted December 08, 2014
Our school is like no other in Central Texas. The administration is top notch. The teachers go above and beyond to help students achieve their goals. The curriculum is very rigorous which provides the students with a college level environment in the classroom. Our athletics is very competitive throughout the state. We have won over 30 state titles. The students at Vanguard learn to balance a busy schedule and have the freedom to do so. Students are taught to be independent thinkers, strive for success, and compete in all sorts of extra curricular activities.

Posted December 08, 2014
Vanguard thoroughly prepared both of my boys for a college education while providing an opportunity for them to participate and excel in several different sports and other extra-curricular activities such as Student Government, Community Service and an award winning Newspaper. Vanguard encourages and rewards intellectual curiosity and leadership skills. Students who attend this private school enjoy learning and have regular interaction with their teachers and coaches. It is worth every penny we spent at Vanguard to see our children after they left the nest completely ready to compete in the highly competitive world we now live in. Vanguard is the best investment you can make in your son or daughter's future. Vanguard students succeed!

Posted December 08, 2014
My son and daughter are opposites when it comes to academics, and Vanguard is surprisingly the perfect fit for both of my children. They look forward to school every morning, they seek and get help when needed, they like to campus atmosphere and they are involved in extracurricular activities. As a parent who works full-time, the tools Vanguard has in place to keep me up to date on grades and goings ons are very helpful. Whether the head of school, staff or faculty, I have access to them, they listen to me and they follow-through.

Posted December 07, 2014
Vanguard is an exceptional school with incredible teachers who truly care about their students learning the material. The academics can be challenging at times but the students are being taught the skills to manage schoolwork and still have time to take part in athletics or other extracurricular activities . The overall experience has been very positive for both of my children and I know that they will be well-prepared to be successful in college.

Posted May 26, 2012
Vanguard is a wonderful school. As the parent of a student on a needs-based scholarship, I can promise you that my son has never been made to feel like he is not as important as his peers; rather, teachers, coaches and admin go out of their way to help all of their students. My son is in the 7th grade, and the essays that he wrote this year on The Odyssey and The Lost Books of the Odyssey were creative, interesting and analytical (in the 7th grade!), and the work that he did on To Kill a Mockingbird was equally thoughtful. If you are interested in Latin, this is the school for you, too - the 12-grade Latin class translates The Aeneid and they are planning to offer AP Latin soon. Vanguard has more National Merit Finalists than any other central Texas school and the AP pass rate is phenomenal. There are also lots of wonderful traditions - the mud pit during field day, the Senior Haunted House, spring trips to Italy - the list goes on. If you are interested in this school, you are warmly encouraged to visit. I recommend that you do!

Posted March 12, 2012
Both my kids graduated from this school. They not only loved it, but they got great preparation for college. My daughter received a generous four year merit scholarship and my son had scholarship offers, but elected to go to his first choice (that didn't offer one). Each of them felt very well prepared in the college classroom and really appreciatede Vanguard when they saw the other kids struggling. I don't know where all the back-stabbing comments come from. Both my kids attended public schools before Vanguard and found Vanguard remarkably friendly, tolerant, and clique-free -- a welcome change.

Posted March 12, 2012
I am a graduate of Vanguard and had a wonderful experience academically and socially. I found classes to be engaging - the teachers encourage discussion and give assignments that are creative and challenging. I felt well-prepared at my liberal arts college, and I know it's because of the strong study habits I learned at Vanguard. The school is a close-knit community, supportive of each student's diverse talents and interests.

Vanguard College Preparatory School 3

Posted September 10, 2011
This school is overrated. The education is rigorous, but the school confuses quality with quantity. They assign ridiculous amounts of meaningless homework but very few intellectually stimulating assignments. The students are very cliqueish and exclude and bully others. The teachers and administration play favorites among the students, often favoring those whose families are particularly involved or have made recent donations. It is, sadly, one of the better schools in Waco, but it is by no means an excellent option.

Posted October 10, 2010
Vanguard is the best thing that could have happened to my daughter. She was in a public high school (Coolidge ISD) and the teachers had to spend so much time dealing with behaviors they did not have time to teach. Vanguard students are like one huge family no matter your income or your race. The teachers teach at a higher level of learning on a strict basis so that the students are well prepared for college. The headmaster is outside every morning greeting the students, you would not see a public schools superintendant doing that. The older students mentor the younger students so they always have someone to ask questions to if they need it. Mr. Borg, Mrs. George, Mrs. Graves are simply the best as is all of the teachers and staff. If you are serious about your childs education then Vanguard is the place your child needs to be.

Vanguard College Preparatory School
2517 Mt Carmel Waco, Waco, TX  76710
Last modified Vanguard College Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Vanguard College Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top