Public charter
Waco, TX

Posted August 07, 2009
This is an awesome school. The teachers are clearly there because they care. I have received help with 2 of my children that I know we would never have received at our overcrowded neighborhood school. This school is the 'option' we had been looking for. My son who was talking about dropping out at 14 years of age is now entertaining thoughts of college! Individualized help, small classroom size, concerned teachers, are all features of this great school.

Audre and Bernard Rapoport Academy - East Campus

Posted January 08, 2009
We have 2 boys (9th & 10th graders at Rapoport and my husband and I appreciate this school. It is not just a school but a COMMUNITY of people who believe in education coupled with healthy ways to encourage our kids that its still okay to be a kid and to grow up at the same time. Thank you so much for partnering with parents. It is a team effort and Rapoport truly displays that .

Posted October 14, 2008
My son is thriving at Rapoport Academy Meyer High School. His freshman year at our local high school was very trying academically - the teachers were just not interested in the least not my son. He has gone from a disengaged, sullen student to a happy, connected learner. I can't believe the great conversations we have about life, science, politics and so on. This is the way every school should operate - with the best interest of the learners at their heart.

Posted October 10, 2008
I am in awe at the care with which the teaching team approached my child s ARD this week, at their creativity and their expertise. I have been in a lot of ARDs over the last six years and this is the first one where it was obvious and clear that at the center of it was a child with specific, special, and complicated needs. This is the first one where acronyms didn t rule and where the main idea wasn t to fill out paperwork and get every box filled in. This is the first one that didn t feel perfunctory! This is the first one where real concern and love for the child was present and where it was clear that together, we would do whatever it takes to help him succeed. I am hopeful that in this kind of environment my child will become all that he was created to be.

Posted April 13, 2006
High expectations for all students at this public charter school. Students come from all over the area to participate in a hands-on, though rigorous academic curriculum. Students perform about a grade level higher than their counterparts at area public schools. Music and sports are incorporated everyday by the classroom teacher and art is taught by a certfiied art teacher 1-2 times a week. Parents Involvement at the school is 100% due to a contract signed when chidren are enrolled. Every parent volunteers and attends part meetings and conferences, as required when enrolling their child. Also, parents are expected to make sure each student reads daily, even when no other homework has been assigned.

Posted January 11, 2006
My child is a student at Rapoport Academy and let me tell you they are awesome. The teachers really care for the students there. My son has learned things I don't think he would have learned in another school due to their class size. I would recommend this school to anyone. Thir moto is 'No Excuses'.

Posted April 11, 2005
Rapoport academy has been the most effective school we have found for our child. The staff goes above and beyond their exspected duties. Had it not been for the academic program they provide we strongly feel that our son would not have excelled in his taks test. They also provide a safe,warm and loving environment so that the kids can stay focused on learning with out the hassle of any extra pressure coming from over sized classrooms. We have also found this to be an opened minded school when it comes to parent involvement because they allow us to help better the school by accepting our imput and not just listening to us.

Audre and Bernard Rapoport Academy - East Campus
2000 J J Flewellen, Waco, TX  76704
Last modified Audre and Bernard Rapoport Academy - East Campus is a Charter school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Audre and Bernard Rapoport Academy - East Campus Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top