Waskom, TX

Posted April 29, 2010
I love, love, this school. The teachers care and take the time to help each child succeed. My children are flourishing and happy.

Posted June 10, 2009
I love this school. My son just finished the first grade and is reading on a 3rd grade level. His Math skills have impressed me tremendously. He knows quite a bit about fractions and even basic multiplication. He is not a child who I would have ever thought would enjoy school, but he loves it here. Both his Kindergarten and First Grade teachers were awesome. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 01, 2008
My child is in the 3rd grade and has been in Waskom since 1st grade. She came from a private catholic school making good grades. However the education and teaching she had received in Waskom far out ways the private tution that I use to pay. She was on a 2nd grade reading level in the middle of 1st grade. Excelled greatly in 2nd. Three months into 3rd grade was tested and she was on a 4th grade reading level and 5th grade level in Math. Any parent that has a child Waskom should feel honored that there are teachers that do care and students that really do learn.

Waskom Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2008

Posted January 11, 2006
I think the school is a great school. I love the small town feel and atmosphere. I wish they had a PTA set up though, that is my only regret.

Posted May 31, 2005
My child just finished 1st grade and has far exceeded my expectations of 1st grade knowledge. She is reading on a 3rd grade level,learned basic multiplication, and fractions the list does go on... We also had wonderfull experiences in Head Start and Kindergarten.

Posted May 31, 2005
I have had 2 children go thru the Head Start Program. I can only say AWESOME! Everything about the teachers, aids, and staff far exceeded my expectation as a parent. I do have high expectaions for my children and their teachers. I am pleased with all that I have seen.

Waskom Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2004
My kids were in this school for several years. I have never seen teachers act so poorly with kids. They will point out any kids who don't fit their mold and make thier school year a horrible one. The princaple couldn't remeber her own lies and stood behind her teachers, even when she knew they were in the wrong. There was also too many cover ups. Take heed, take your kids to E.F.

Waskom Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2004
I have been thorougly impressed with the fourth and fifth grade teachers! They have the 'whatever it takes' attitude to provide our children with the best education possible. In fact, my child has had the most incredible year in fifth grade! I, nor my child, will ever forget the field trip to Houston, the luau, and how much his 3 teachers cared for him. The principal is a wonderful educator that does what is right for kids. Thank you Waskom Elementary!

Waskom Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2004
The teachers and the principle are very cooperative, with a little push. They are doing the best they can, I belive, with what they have. Some teachers are disorganized. Many that have been there a few years are getting short with the children. The classrooms (the building) are small. The teacher/student ratio is good. The 'extras' such as speech, etc. are not top priority. I believe with additional funds, and a new, more spacious building, the school would thrive. Most of the children are happy, overall, with their teachers.

Waskom Elementary School
P O Box 748, Waskom, TX  75692
Last modified Waskom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waskom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top