Posted September 28, 2014
Glad we chose HCA. We know there is not a perfect school. However, this one is deliberate an intentional as not just a school, but a genuine Christian school.

Posted June 11, 2014
You pay a lot of money for your child to get a better education. What you get is lip service. When your child struggles there is no communication! Had to go up to the school on three different occasions to correct the English teachers math! When grading assignments. What she replied was you must do math different than me? I replied the correct way!

Posted May 16, 2014
You can do better than HCA in the area. Mixed views on spiritual focus. They do a lot of the motions well but not as concerned with outcome of real spiritual growth. Academics are not super challenging, and you need to take at least one science class online or off campus to graduate. OK if you want to take and pay for a lot of college classes, not so good otherwise. Mentorship program is a charade. Go elsewhere.

Posted January 26, 2014
Top Notch school and warm and inviting. Students needs are put first. Excellent labs and technology. Been to other private schools in area and this school does what they say they will do.

Posted September 11, 2013
My oldest son graduated this past year and is off to his college of first choice. My youngest is in high school. We love the balanced focus on academics and spiritual growth.

Posted May 02, 2013
Weak academics, poor organization, and this school is not worth your money. After just a short time at this school, we are moving our child to a different school next year.

Posted April 20, 2013
I have been going to school at Harvest for 13 years and I would never change schools. This school you honestly get treated like a family. There are some kids who choose to neglect this and feel like the get treated unfairly, but they don't. They will tell their parents the only part of the story and then the parents get mad. I honestly could not think of a better place to go to school.

Posted July 11, 2012
Harvest is a great school! I received my children's testing results for the past school year, and both of them are above average. Athletics are competitive, but the coach's care about the students attitude. You will never find a perfect school, but this school is pretty close. We would highly recommend.

Posted April 08, 2012
Harvest is more than a school, its a family. my sister and i have been in harvest longer than i can remember and sure they have had their ups and downs but find me a school that hasnt. The students at harvest are so amazing; from highschool bible studies every weekend, to praying before classes, to chapel lead by an amazing praise band and a Godly man there is no question about the sincerity of everyone's faith! A few years ago, many of the secondary teachers were let go, in particular an amazing science teacher who i looked up to. To be honest i was afraid harvest was going down hill. But now i see that God was just doing his thing and through that we now have some amazing teachers who are role models and i couldnt imagine school with out them! The caywood family is by far one of the sweetest families i know! They sacrifice so much for our school and genuinly care about the school! Other private schools in the area have great and maybe even better athletics or academics, but i know for a fact that the love and christ centered student body cant be found anywhere else. Its my home! and i am proud to call Harvest my Family!

Posted August 23, 2011
In response to the May 30th post, I feel this person is trying to mislead and is just plain bitter by many of their statements. Academics are top notch, as can be proven by comparing standardized test scores compared to public school as well as percentage of graduates recieving college scholarships and becoming productive members of society. If athletics are a "joke", I will laugh all the way to the state playoffs in most every sport, both male and female, as well as displaying Godly character to each other and their opponents. As far as sprirtual emphasis, chapel is a daily occurence, lead by the students under the direction of a Godly man of character. Many lives have been changed and lifelong friends made during these chapel times. The students also lead worship and share frustrations and accomplishments with each other. Prayer is a daily occurence. I feel that a reviews such as the May 30th and March 4th are nothing but attacks by parents that feel entitled and the need to tear apart a Godly school. Please visit, tour the school, talk to "your" students teachers and coaches, interview the headmaster, but most of all pray about your decision and form your own opinions.

Harvest Christian Academy
7200 Denton Hwy, Watauga, TX  76148
Last modified Harvest Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Harvest Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top