Watauga, TX

Whitley Road Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2013
My son attended Whitley Rd. for Kindergarten last year and will return for 1st grade this year. We had a good experience. I think there is a lot of room for improvement in the food program, but we were very happy with the staff and what my child accomplished during the year. I don't know if the principal is the same as previous posts, but Mrs. Erb is friendly and approachable. They no longer offer free breakfast in the classroom, but breakfast can be purchased for $1 (maybe free if you qualify for free/reduced lunch program). We look forward to next year!

Posted February 16, 2009

Posted October 04, 2008
The teachers and the faculty at WRES go out of their way to help the children to have a fabulous experience. When my daughter was in need of help, the principal, counselor and her teachers, including the music teacher all rallied around her and changed her experience from one of struggling with peers to a positive one through extra programs offered by the school, and individual attention. Many of the teachers volunteer extra hours of their own time for after school activities for our kids and are involved in the PTA in time consuming positions. This is a school where your child really does matter.

Whitley Road Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2008
We, like a lot of parents, don't like the new principal. She is the most unprofessional educator I have ever seen. She sometimes wears a crown around school and a shirt that says 'princessipal'. Those two things say it all. Students, parents, taxpayers don't matter. You can't talk to her. She likes to argue with parents and doesn't listen to what our kids needs are. I know that teachers know our kids pretty well spending all that time with them, but she sure doesn't. She didn't know who my daughter was when I first started talking to her, then she know more about her than anyone before we were through. And our TEKS scores are way down. Under past principals scores were great. But since she's been here they are down. I think it's her leadership.

Whitley Road Elementary School 0

Posted September 06, 2008
I have been teaching at Whitley Road for a several years. The parents are warm and friendly and really seem to appreciate what teachers are doing for their children. My favorite thing about our school is the free breakfast program. Every child has a free breakfast provided to them in the classroom everyday. They receive things like muffins, cereal, hot cake and sausage on a stick and ham and cheese breakfast rolls. I am thrilled with the program because I don't have hungry distracted students anymore. Many parents have commented that they like the program, too. Now they don't have to worry about breakfast.

Posted August 27, 2008
my daughter (who was an extremely shy and quiet little girl) attended last year for kindergarten and had a wonderful experiance .her teacher was great and helped bring my child out of her timidness. I owe a great deal of thanks to the entire whitley rd staff if it werent for them I dont know how I would have made it through...I hate that we had to leave because the school she is in now isnt even in the same kind of category as whitley road.

Posted July 15, 2007
We moved here from Ohio and we love this school. The free breakfast is wonderful because we always get up late. The only reason they do not have recess outside all the time is because it was dangerously hot during the beginning of the school year. My son loved this school and we are sad to leave.

Whitley Road Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2007
Things were a little shaky when the new administration took over. Nonetheless, the teachers have been great and catered to the individual needs of both of my children.

Whitley Road Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2007
Recess is rare. Breakfast in the Classroom program is a joke. New principal needs some lessons in listening to parents and not just blowing us off. you'd be better off at a Birdville school.

Posted October 08, 2005
Great school, even though the facilities are older than most in the district. We have been here for two years and have loved our son's teacher...she moved from 2nd to 3rd with his class and has a Masters Degree. Great teacher and very involved. The Principle and other staff communicate well and are always sending information home. Parent involvement seems average, most in the area are single parents or two income families, so those that are involved are the stay at home moms. The Principal is out there every day directing traffic and helping out. Music, art are in the curriculum, all grades do a play or musical that is grade specific..also other school functions for various occasions.

Whitley Road Elementary School
7600 Whitley Road, Watauga, TX  76148
Last modified Whitley Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitley Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top