Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted April 16, 2016
I'm not only a teacher at this school but have had one child who attended 1st through 4th and my second child is currently a student. My first child had extremely severe airborne allergies and was more than 'just that child who was accommodated and taken care of,' she was truly embraced in a way that is or has been unparalleled to any other school she's attended. My second child just recently started attending and we are beyond pleased and feel truly blessed that he's here now. His whole attitude about school has changed and I know for a fact it's because of the community of learners and caring environment that is purposefully practiced here. I'm not only proud to work here, but even more proud to be a parent of a student who gets to benefit daily from WRES. I hope to spend the rest of my teaching career here!!

Posted April 15, 2016
I have one child who had already gone through this school and they were amazing with her. She felt loved by her teacher and still keeps in contact with many of them. The school focuses on the kids needs inside the school and outside of the school. My son is currently a student there and he has had a rough time with learning to read. The school has gone above and beyond to make sure he is getting what is needed for him to excel. The staff and teachers are like family and will make you feel welcomed at any time you come on to campus. I love this school and am so thankful my kids were and are students there.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 15, 2016
Mrs Erb has gone above and beyond to hear my family out when ever we run into issues with either of my children. She helps find a solution to the issue instead of expecting it to just take care of itself. She's amazing at her job.

Posted October 07, 2013
I have had children in this school for a very long time I love this School, Teachers are great all staff and Principal. I do think PTA needs to understand that this is for the children.

Whitley Road Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2013
My son attended Whitley Rd. for Kindergarten last year and will return for 1st grade this year. We had a good experience. I think there is a lot of room for improvement in the food program, but we were very happy with the staff and what my child accomplished during the year. I don't know if the principal is the same as previous posts, but Mrs. Erb is friendly and approachable. They no longer offer free breakfast in the classroom, but breakfast can be purchased for $1 (maybe free if you qualify for free/reduced lunch program). We look forward to next year!

Posted October 04, 2008
The teachers and the faculty at WRES go out of their way to help the children to have a fabulous experience. When my daughter was in need of help, the principal, counselor and her teachers, including the music teacher all rallied around her and changed her experience from one of struggling with peers to a positive one through extra programs offered by the school, and individual attention. Many of the teachers volunteer extra hours of their own time for after school activities for our kids and are involved in the PTA in time consuming positions. This is a school where your child really does matter.

Whitley Road Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2008
We, like a lot of parents, don't like the new principal. She is the most unprofessional educator I have ever seen. She sometimes wears a crown around school and a shirt that says 'princessipal'. Those two things say it all. Students, parents, taxpayers don't matter. You can't talk to her. She likes to argue with parents and doesn't listen to what our kids needs are. I know that teachers know our kids pretty well spending all that time with them, but she sure doesn't. She didn't know who my daughter was when I first started talking to her, then she know more about her than anyone before we were through. And our TEKS scores are way down. Under past principals scores were great. But since she's been here they are down. I think it's her leadership.

Posted September 06, 2008
I have been teaching at Whitley Road for a several years. The parents are warm and friendly and really seem to appreciate what teachers are doing for their children. My favorite thing about our school is the free breakfast program. Every child has a free breakfast provided to them in the classroom everyday. They receive things like muffins, cereal, hot cake and sausage on a stick and ham and cheese breakfast rolls. I am thrilled with the program because I don't have hungry distracted students anymore. Many parents have commented that they like the program, too. Now they don't have to worry about breakfast.

Posted August 27, 2008
my daughter (who was an extremely shy and quiet little girl) attended last year for kindergarten and had a wonderful experiance .her teacher was great and helped bring my child out of her timidness. I owe a great deal of thanks to the entire whitley rd staff if it werent for them I dont know how I would have made it through...I hate that we had to leave because the school she is in now isnt even in the same kind of category as whitley road.

Posted July 15, 2007
We moved here from Ohio and we love this school. The free breakfast is wonderful because we always get up late. The only reason they do not have recess outside all the time is because it was dangerously hot during the beginning of the school year. My son loved this school and we are sad to leave.

7600 Whitley Road, Watauga, TX  76148
Last modified Whitley Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.