Public charter
Waxahachie, TX
Students enrolled: 1,774

Life School Red Oak 3

Posted April 17, 2014
I would continue to rate this school as being slightly better than average. Although it seems to have lost some of it's luster over the years. I'm starting to question the curriculum as the topics seem to be haphazard within the courses. Homework has been unpredictable and tutoring starts to late for struggling students. All in all, still a viable option when compared to the local schools.

Life School Red Oak 1

Posted February 08, 2014
My question is, if some of the reviews posted here are so fantastic, how come the TEST SCORES posted show how low the students are scoring? I dont agree with the students scoring so low. They barely passed the new STAAR exams. Life School concentrates too much on the students not talking at lunch time, not having their shirts tucked in, not throwing a piece of paper in the trash without getting a tally. There are no field trips, senior trips, community service, no incentives at all, no motivation for the students to want to go to school. The core classes are not challenging enough to keep the students occupied. The extra activities are just a few and poorly organized. Dont waste your time getting your kids here. They will become stressed out without a way to get better.

Posted December 17, 2013
Families and students taking education seriously! We left ROISD 2 years ago to attend Life School Red Oak and have not regretted our decision to do so! They do not have to tolerate poor behaviors from students and I am so grateful for their attentiveness to this. My children have been allowed to enjoy their education with little to no interruptions from the teachers trying to correct other students. My children are excelling here and are honor roll straight A students. I am very satisfied with the coricullum and disipine programs here. If you are serious about good education and raising a child to respect others this is the school for you and your child.

Life School Red Oak 2

Posted October 07, 2013
This school could be great, if not for the absolutely ridiculous tally system. I am all for standards and rules, but holding a 5 year old to the same standards that a child much older is held to is ridiculous and futile. The school changed my child's teacher 5 weeks in to the year. With the first teacher, the was never more than one tally given in a single week. Since the new teacher has arrived, my child is now facing suspension and withdrawal from the school (keep in mind this is over a 3 week span of time). I do not excuse poor behavior, but I also do not feel that this is the way to help a 5 year old learn that people support them and care about their success. The academics are satisfactory (however somewhat less advanced than what I had anticipated), and the office and teacher have been communicating with me frequently, but none of that really matters when a school chooses to give up on a small child. I am currently looking into other educational avenues for my child and will be pulling him out ASAP. He should not have to tell me that "it doesn't matter how hard I try, my teacher doesn't care."

Posted October 02, 2013
This school came with high recommendations. We are 6 weeks into my daughter's 1st year there (Kindergarten) and very happy thus far. Parental involvement is a high priority with this school. They don't allow disruptive behavior like regular school districts have to endure, which allows them more time to focus on learning and less time dealing with problems. High test scores show their dedication to education.

Posted September 26, 2013
Our son attends kindergarten at life school red oak. Hands down, this school isn't only on top of education they teach the kids to think outside the box. We absolutely made the best choice sending our son to LSRO. My advice would be to find out for yourself, visit the campus, meet the staff and ask questions. The campus always clean, the staff are friendly and very informative.

Posted August 03, 2013
We have two children in LSRO. Great teachers, great environment and great program. Our daughters are very happy in LSRO

Posted April 30, 2012
We have two children that go to LSRO and we think very highly of the educators there and the education that our kids are receiving. We have been there for 4 years and have had a great experience. The school has grown a lot so it is not as tight knit as it was but because of the great teaching people are drawn to the school from many area districts. It is a school that has many Christian teachers and leadership who care deeply for the students and want them to be excellent in learning and life! I would highly recommend this school!

Posted March 22, 2012
Lifeschool RO has been our school for past six years and we love it. We have an elementary age child and middle school age child at LSRO. Our children are being taught to be critical thinkers, display great character and the value of working diligently to task. LSRO reinforces the character traits, work ethics and respectful behavior that we teach at home. It is a perfect fit. Yes, LSRO is firm on expectations for parental involvement, consistent respectful character of our children and excellence in academics. Even with changes in curriculum and administration LSRO has been true and consistent with their core goals. As in "life" no pun intended, we have had some challenges on occasions at LSRO but we were always welcomed and heard when we spoke to administration. There truly is a "Lifeschool Way" at LSRO and it comforts me to know that even as new teachers come in or there are administration changes it's not LSRO's "first rodeo" and communication, core goals, academics remain consistent. That consistency is evident as you do your classroom observations, walk the halls, sit in main corridor. You will find caring teachers with excellent classroom management skills.

Posted January 11, 2012
We love love love this school! Great teachers and staff! My children have leaned more than book work at this school they have learned how to be leaders; Thank you Life School!

Life School Red Oak
3295 U.S. 77, Waxahachie, TX  75165
Last modified Life School Red Oak is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Life School Red Oak Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 92 reviews. Top