Waxahachie, TX

Waxahachie Global High School 4

Posted January 10, 2015
My daughter loved it (in the beginning), but now hates it. If your student doesn't simply adore math and science imo they will struggle. Her grades are good, but she longs for the arts, theater, and better English classes. She feels like the focus is just robotics, technology, and math at the expense of everything else. A friend who is a professor at Texas A&M posed this question to us last week. What benefit is a Associates degree at 18? She won't have the maturity to take junior level courses and will feel out of place if she were to do so. Secondly, if the school truly is that hard her GPA will suffer and she probably could get into a better college with a 4.0gpa at a normal high school versus a 3.2-3.3gpa at a more prestigious one. I personally love the school it's quaint, small, and seems well structured, but if your child yearns for a more classical high school experience with arts, drama, theater, good fine arts, football games, sports etc I don't recommend it.

Posted September 10, 2014
My oldest is a senior this year and my son is a freshman. The school has brought my kids love of going to school back. Both went from loving schhol to hating it. Dreading each day. Struggling. Now that they are in Global (her 2.5 years and he just started) They love going and brag about it. They work harder but the reward is greater and the staff is fantastic. We moved just to be closer.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 11, 2013
As a former student of Global High School and alumni from Class of 2011 for high school and junior college, I was more than prepared for University level academics and expectations. I flourished and thrived at Global because the teachers are phenomenal and care about their students. Global is on its way to becoming a national flagship school for Early College High School and success in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics curricula. I often go back to my school and visit with the students and teachers, because for a lot of the graduates, Global is more than just a school it is a family and a second home. For parents and future students, this is an world class education that opens so many opportunities for its students.

Posted February 18, 2013
Waxahachie Global High school is an amazing high school to learn, grow, and discover. The teachers at Global genuinely care about each student, and regularly push them to be better individuals. Global offers the chance of achieving your Associates degree at the same time you receive your high school diploma, which is a great start to begin your future. Global is a school of choice, your choice to begin your future today.

Posted June 30, 2011
Waxahachie Global High School has fantastic educators, corriculum, and the chance to complete an Associates degree at the same time as a high school dipolma.

Posted October 11, 2009
Because we are hardworking. We do work together. We are a smaller community school and we can make a difference. We are the students of Waxahachie Global High.

Waxahachie Global High School 0

Posted October 10, 2009
I love my school because it is small, and the teachers will always help you. It seems like everyone cares about you, and they always want to help you:)

Waxahachie Global High School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
It is intresting for my child and she is getting a great education for the future.

Posted October 06, 2009
We have the most attentive, hard-working teachers I've ever known.

Posted October 06, 2009
The kids love the school, and I love what it does for the kids!

Waxahachie Global High School
602 West 2nd Street, Waxahachie, TX  75165
Last modified Waxahachie Global High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waxahachie Global High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top