Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted December 14, 2015
You tell me if this is right. In a 5th grade class, a girl tells a boy that she is going to be rich and he is going to grow up and be a hobo. In the exchange, the boy says if i was a bad guy, he would probably rob the bank where she keeps her money. When asked what if somebody tried to stop him, he replied that if he were a bad guy, he would probably shoot them. The girl, not appearing to be to least bit alarmed, casually goes and tells the teacher the boy said he was going to shoot her. The teacher refers it to the asst. principal. The asst. principal sits the boy down in her office for over an hour, with no one else present in the office, and interrogates the boy, intimidating him until he "agrees" with her version. His repeated account of what was really said is ignored by the asst. principal. The boy then gets suspended for three days Welcome to Felty.

Posted October 06, 2015
The assistant principal has an issue with telling the truth. Once this person gets it in her head that a student is a "problem", she targets him or her with "check marks", ISS, and other record-wreckers for "infractions" which are nothing more than kids being kids. One of her stories changed three times, even though the incident was on video and exonerated the student. Another story she completely fabricated. Most of the teachers are great, but the assistant principal and the few teachers like her sour the entire experience.

Posted August 07, 2014
This school has been nothing but a blessing for our family. This will be our 4th year at felty and I cant say enough nice things about the teachers and other staff at this school! We love it!

Posted May 27, 2014
great school with great teachers my student has excelled there They have a great administration as well

Posted January 06, 2014
I curse the day I enrolled my son in Kindergarten here! He never had behavioral problems at his preschool, but here he got marks for "not paying attention." Those added up to a "partnering day" and the nightmare began. It was escalated to ISS even though my son showed no aggressive behavior. He was so frustrated/angry for months following that day that I physically had to restrain him often. (I had not had to do this since he was about 2 years old) In a meeting with teacher & admin where I explained his reaction to the discipline, I was told the discipline plan could not be modified without a "diagnosis" and was offered no access to any resource for help. We quickly withdrew our son. (Any diagnosis, which we weren't even sure was applicable would take longer than we had until the next "partnering day"). We have since learned our son has Aspbergers and have been told by our pediatrician, psychologist, & other sources that the school has the resources available to asses and assist struggling kids. (And should have offered them) I don't understand how admin can look me in the eye, tell me they want to help, but can't without a diagnosis, and offer NONE of the available resource!

Posted August 01, 2013
Awesome school! Just finished kindergarten. .. great experience! Teachers are wonderful and so is the principal and administrstion.

Posted September 26, 2012
We moved here from Austin, TX. Our greatest concern was the quality of schools available for our son going into kindergarden. We toured Felty, talked with parents and teachers, visited with the principal and deputy superintendent, and we were very impressed. The facilities, the teachers, the administration are all wonderful. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted February 21, 2012
Felty is a great school. This is our second year at the school and we are very happy here. The teachers and staff are very caring and friendly. The school has programs set up to encourage students to excel academically and promote and reward good behavior choices. Everyone at Felty seems to be interested in your child's well-being, academic growth, and as a well-rounded citizen.

Posted February 14, 2012
School was fine but there is a third grade teacher to avoid! You know it when you meet her. Red flags go up!

Margaret L Felty Elementary School
231 Park Place Boulevard, Waxahachie, TX  75165
Last modified Margaret L Felty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.