Waxahachie, TX

Eddie Finley Sr J H 2

Posted January 22, 2012
It is now 6th-8th. Right from the beginning I was very disappointed in this school. The school is very disorganized and chaotic. My daughter missed her first three days of school because they didn't even have schedules for any of the students. Then when they finally handed out schedules, they were all wrong and had to be redone. Also, during the first semester they decided to hire another science teacher, which sounds like a good thing, except they had to redo the schedules again! For kids who already struggle, that is just too much! I had heard negative things about the school previous to sending my daughter there, but it is in our district, and I really wanted to give it a fair chance. For the average kid who can just be shuffled around and go with the flow, they will probably be ok. However my daughter has a hard time learning and there is just not enough support there. They really just do not have it together! As far as the teachers, there are a few who want to help my daughter and a few who couldn't care less. The office staff is usually cold and rude every time I am in there. Overall the entire staff is annoyed that I want to be involved in my childs education.

Eddie Finley Sr J H 1

Posted September 12, 2009
I sent my child to this school for one year and quickly moved her. She had zero homework. I felt like she was attending a daycare and not an institution for learning. The teachers are either stupid or they do not care. Couldn't believe how many (not too bright) students were being inducted into the National (Jr.) Honor Society. Saw enough and go out of there.

Eddie Finley Sr J H 2

Posted December 16, 2007

Eddie Finley Sr J H 3

Posted January 15, 2005
I feel that too much of the school philosophy is based on punishing poor behavior rather than rewarding good behavior. It tends to have a negative atmosphere that permeates all aspects of the school. While there is some academic push, mediocrity is the standard that is strived for.

Eddie Finley Sr J H 3

Posted January 15, 2005
I have found the overall atmosphere at the school to be negative. Students are constantly being threatened with ISS. Overall the academics are average. Students are not pushed to strive for excellence. As parents, we receive very little information from the school or the PTA regarding activites etc.

Eddie Finley Sr J H 1

Posted November 10, 2004
My review of this school is perhaps unfair because I just moved to the area and have only had a half year to come to a conclusion. But, I score it extreamly low! Since being at the Junior High my sons have had to very expensive watches stolen, a cell phone, almost all of one of my sons football equip. stolen, and numerous articles of clothing. My youngest Son (7th grade) has been kicked out of school for 20 days do to a fight on the bus. The school without notifying me or sending any sort of paper about a fight that took place 13 days prior decided to play judge, jury, and prosecuter. So parents be aware, the school will allow your child to get to a point of either failure or a fight, then they'll just kick them out and notify you the day of.

Eddie Finley Sr J H
2401 Brown Street, Waxahachie, TX  75165
Last modified Eddie Finley Sr J H is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eddie Finley Sr J H Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top