Waxahachie High School 3

Posted September 30, 2014
As a parent, I care about academics, but I also care about the environment in the school. I have been pleased with both. WHS offers more rigorous classes for those wanting more through the Global High School if extra curricular isn't a priority. If you are looking for a supreme band program - WHS is the place. The director is well respected by students, staff and parents and gets the kids to want to do their best. The new Superintendent has some great programs that will be implemented in 2015-2016 to add even more quality and variety to the school district. I've been impressed with all of the teachers at this school. They do care and want our kids to do well. The key is for parents to get involved. Don't expect someone else to raise your kids. Be in partnership with the school for the greatest success.

Waxahachie High School 2

Posted November 12, 2013
Im a former student and would like to mention that I was very poorly prepared for college. Particularly in the area of science. When I took my first chemistry class I truly realized how little I learned about science in high school. This school only cares about its scores on standardized testing and athletics.

Posted November 07, 2013
for all the people who think these schools are bad...visit some other schools, and you will find out how good these schools actually are! My kids received an excellent education in Waxahachie! Of course it isn't perfect, no place is, but trust me, it's much better than other places!

Posted January 30, 2010
I completely agree. I am a small business owner in Waxahachie and I hire high school students and they do not know how to spell or write at the level I would expect.

Waxahachie High School 2

Posted September 12, 2009
The students graduating from Waxahachie High School are seriously deficient in english, spelling and grammer. Those going on to college are not prepared for the intensity of the out-of-class assignments. Those students starting employment seriously lack the skills they need to succeed. It's one thing to have a great football team and nice kids but the real focus is not on academics and it shows when they get out!!!

Posted April 07, 2009

Posted January 12, 2009
Fantastic school - many 'big school' programs (state-caliber band program (honor band finalist), drama went to state, baseball team second at state) yet with a 'small school' (and town) feel. Good kids, you will still hear 'yes, ma'am' and 'no, ma'am' and doors will be held open for you by students when you visit! Also, this school did make AYP - the final results were posted in December 2008. Your child will flourish here. They are doing something very right - it is undefinable - and we are so happy we are here!

Posted August 01, 2008
Waxahachie ISD is awesome. Moving here was the best decision we ever made. When you see your child completely thrive in a school where every teacher cares, it makes you know you made the right decision. The teachers that we have had the privilege of sharing our daughter with for the past 5 years have loved and nurtured her. Keep up the great work WISD. Go Hachie!

Posted July 31, 2008

Posted July 29, 2008
High school met AYP this year - others in surrounding area did not. If you are looking for a small-town school with fantastic extracurriculars (band was a state honor band finalist, one-act play went to state, football team won district, ocean science team placed second at Texas A&M competition, baseball team was second at state, volleyball and basketball teams won area). There is still a Mayberry RFD in the Metroplex - and Waxahachie is it. Great shopping, too!

Waxahachie High School
1000 U.S. 77, Waxahachie, TX  75165
Last modified Waxahachie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waxahachie High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.