Waxahachie, TX

Posted August 04, 2013
My kids have been at Dunaway for 3 years and we have had good teachers and great teachers. the biggest issue is the other students. I have heard way too many stories of what little so and so did and how its the 3rd time this week he or she has been to the principal's office and they rotate these kids in and out of classes and then roll them into another school.. I feel real sorry for the teachers that have to search for a solution for what the kid is lacking at home while trying to educate 18 other kids. That is the only thing I see that would improve this school. is finding a way to connect students teachers and parents in way that explains how to guide your child and what is expected in a student. I know easier said then done..

Posted October 06, 2010
My son is on his 2nd year at Dunaway, I thik it is a great school. He is above his grade level in reading so his teacher makes sure to give him reading that on his level, not just what they are supposed to read in 2nd grade. The staff is great there, I have never had any issues with this school. This is a recognized school. My son is getting a great education here, I would recomend this school to others.

Dunaway Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
I am a parent of a child that goes to that school, and I will say, this school needs alot of work. I'm not happy with this school at all. I'm more than ready to find a better school for my child. I absolutely recommend that you don't send your child to this school. I would ck around for better one's. Your child can be sent to ISS just for not sitting down the first time told. And your child will have to stand the whole time unless your child has earned the right to sit. There are teacher's that think first grader's are babies and will send the older child to the first grade if needed. Some teacher's can't even grade paper's right. And the teacher's don't give the child the help he/she really needs. So be very careful what school your child goes to.

Posted September 02, 2008
Excellent to educate the individual child and make necessary adjustments to learning. Great staff and a wonderful family.

Posted November 06, 2007
Great school, great teachers. The teachers are all veterans and happy.

Dunaway Elementary School
600 U.S. 77, Waxahachie, TX  75165
Last modified Dunaway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunaway Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top