Posted September 26, 2014
Love, love this school. The only thing is the new principal is very rude! Other than that this school has some of the best teachers I have ever seen! Even the special needs program there is ran very well. Other than a not so friendly principal this school, hands down is the best in Weatherford TX.

Martin Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2014
The school was run very well when Joy was principal. The new principal is not very friendly or outgoing. Is very stand offish with parents and children. Never see her smile, lack of communication. Very unhappy with the quick downturn since the new principle Ms. Box.

Posted October 15, 2013
Mary Martin is the kind of elementary school that every parent dreams of! The teachers are extremely enthusiastic and the parents are extremely involved. The education my children are receiving is all that I can hope for. Both of my children are performing at a level higher than average for their grade.

Martin Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2013
Sorry I was reviewing Jim G. Martin in San Antonio, Texas, Northside Independent School District.

Posted December 16, 2011
I'm disappointed to read some of these reviews. My child has went to Mary Martin for the past 3.5 years. We have had nothing but good experiences. As a parent who is extremely sceptical of the public school systems in America, I feel this school has eased my fears. The office staff could be a little more cheerful but in reality their attitudes have nothing to do with your childs education. A previous review mentions an angry male teacher who "shall not be named" rest assured, he has retired and the teacher who has replaced him is very competent, sweet and the children really seem to enjoy her. As far as children who struggle falling through the cracks, I've not had that experience. Whenever my child struggled she was sent home with extra work and we helped work through the problems at home until she caught up. Ive always felt that the teachers discipline accordingly, teaching that for every action there is a consequence, such as talking when you're not supposed to (also known as interrupting) will result in a small time of recess being taken away. I feel the teachers are all highly skilled professionals and Mary Martin is a great school, I'm proud to have my child attend.

Posted April 23, 2011
Our family has been very pleased with Mary Martin! The teachers we have had have been terrific with the exception of fifth grade. The curriculum builds from kinder through 4th then drops off at 5th. The quest program is amazing and provides a wonderful opportunity for students who need to be challenged above and beyond the regular curriculum.

Posted April 19, 2011
Mary Martin Elementary in all outward appearances is great, but when you dig below the surface things are very different. The principal was probably a great teacher, but she lacks many characteristics of what a principal should be. She allows one teacher and I use the word teacher loosely to yell, man handle, and bully the children of this otherwise great school. There is only one rotten apple in this basket! Parent after parent has seen the problems this man causes and we all wonder why he is allowed to remain a teacher. If you are having problems with the principal or with the music teacher ..you are not alone. Don t just think it will get better or someone else will report problems. Be proactive and report problems to the WISD ETHICS HOTLINE 817-598-2809. The line is answered 24/7 and you can report anonymously or leave a message to have someone call you back.

Posted January 31, 2011
This is a wonderful school love my sons teacher mrs. Crow she is one of a kind and works wonders with the kinder class. My son is so happy there and I am glad we chose to send him to this wonderful school.

Martin Elementary School 2

Posted December 02, 2010
The teachers here have good things they teach. I would agree that they teach kids easily. The problem is though the teachers here inforce rules so much they are not teaching kids how to act, instead they take away all the childrens recess! If they talk in line the give them a isolated lunch which unables them to talk on their only possible time to talk. The teachers here flip out over whispering. During lunch if the principal comes into the room and starts blabbing on and on they take up all your childs lunchtime trying to get you to do fundrasiers or watching youtube videos that have nothing to do with anything. If your child does something to stand up for theirselves well this school is a perfect place for them to get in trouble because the principals think that your child is doing something wrong instead of the bully. The playgrounds have trash all in them and barely any playground equipment. The teachers are super strict and the lunch food is disgusting. The lunch ladies sometimes leave hairs in the hamburgers and the meat is pink and raw. If you are looking for a terrible school to make your child misreble... well... this is the place to find a horrible principal!

Martin Elementary School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
Would never recommend this school! There isnt a program in place for students who are slow learners. My child fell between the cracks b/c his test score/evaluations weren't low enough to qualify for special ed but yet he struggled with on grade cirriculum. Then they would tell him he didnt 'deserve' recess. Excessive homework everynight except on Wed. & Fri. and usually not graded. If you have a energetic child-beware-they will try to covince you child has ADD. Dr. told me teachers there were really bad about this-want challenging kids drugged so their job is easier.

Martin Elementary School
719 North Oakridge Drive, Weatherford, TX  76087
Last modified Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top