Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have two kids in the Spanish two way immersion program and have been astounded at how quickly they have become Spanish speakers. All the teachers and staff have been beyond wonderful and do an amazing job of creating a safe and fun environment for kids to learn. My family is so grateful for this school!

We would like to get some books to help teach our kids And we would love to know more about what are they taking

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

they do what they say more then me hahahaha but am happy customers they are much better

Develops character: Strongly agree

from what my children say when they come home and how theyou are acting they changed into better students

This school is fantastic! My children attend, and I am so thankful for the teachers, staff, and administrators at McWhirter. Everyone works diligently to provide every student with what they need to succeed. Staff works tirelessly and there are great programs such as music, after school tutoring, etc. It's simply a great place to be. We love it here!

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! MY CHILD IS IN KINDERGARDEN, IN THE TWO WAY IMMERSION CLASS, AND IS LEARNING ALOT!

My fifth grade daughter brought home her STAAR test scores this weekend and she received Commended Performance on both tests. She started Kindergarten at McWhirter in the Two Way Immersion program learning English and Spanish. She has received a great education.

I am a parent, and moved to this school after being in one of the worst school districts in the area (alvin). This school is one word - amazing!! The teachers, the staff, the principal, all absolutely amazing. I have had nothing but good experiences! From them dealing with my child being slightly bullied, to the volunteering, to the school actually sending someone to get me so I could pick up my sick child when I didn't have a car, to the principal remembering my husband and I by name. It's amazing. I will never leave this area so long as my kids are elementary aged, I refuse to. I know I'll never find another school as accommodating or a better staff. I don't know what these negative reviews are talking about!

This is a great school. I have never seen such professional teachers who work around the clock. The administrators are so professional and thoughtful as well. Great school!

THIS SCHOOL IS A FRIGGIN JOKE. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING FOR MY CHILD, FOR THE EXCEPTION OF HOLDING HIM BEHIND. THE PRINCIPAL IS NEVER THERE NOR DOES HE CARE, THE COUNCELORS ARE A COMPLETE JOKE!!!! I WOULD NOT PUT MY CHILDREN IN THE SCHOOL AGAIN IF YOU PAID ME!!!!! VERY UNHAPPY....ONLY PERSON WORTH SAYING GOOD THINGS ABOUT IS THE SCHOOL NURSE.

Last modified Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.