Webster, TX

Posted March 03, 2014
This school is fantastic! My children attend, and I am so thankful for the teachers, staff, and administrators at McWhirter. Everyone works diligently to provide every student with what they need to succeed. Staff works tirelessly and there are great programs such as music, after school tutoring, etc. It's simply a great place to be. We love it here!

Posted September 17, 2013
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! MY CHILD IS IN KINDERGARDEN, IN THE TWO WAY IMMERSION CLASS, AND IS LEARNING ALOT!

Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2013
My fifth grade daughter brought home her STAAR test scores this weekend and she received Commended Performance on both tests. She started Kindergarten at McWhirter in the Two Way Immersion program learning English and Spanish. She has received a great education.

Posted April 15, 2013
I am a parent, and moved to this school after being in one of the worst school districts in the area (alvin). This school is one word - amazing!! The teachers, the staff, the principal, all absolutely amazing. I have had nothing but good experiences! From them dealing with my child being slightly bullied, to the volunteering, to the school actually sending someone to get me so I could pick up my sick child when I didn't have a car, to the principal remembering my husband and I by name. It's amazing. I will never leave this area so long as my kids are elementary aged, I refuse to. I know I'll never find another school as accommodating or a better staff. I don't know what these negative reviews are talking about!

Posted March 05, 2013
This is a great school. I have never seen such professional teachers who work around the clock. The administrators are so professional and thoughtful as well. Great school!

Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2012
THIS SCHOOL IS A FRIGGIN JOKE. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING FOR MY CHILD, FOR THE EXCEPTION OF HOLDING HIM BEHIND. THE PRINCIPAL IS NEVER THERE NOR DOES HE CARE, THE COUNCELORS ARE A COMPLETE JOKE!!!! I WOULD NOT PUT MY CHILDREN IN THE SCHOOL AGAIN IF YOU PAID ME!!!!! VERY UNHAPPY....ONLY PERSON WORTH SAYING GOOD THINGS ABOUT IS THE SCHOOL NURSE.

Posted May 18, 2010
I was very hesitant to send my son to this school b/c of the bad reviews i have read on this site. However all those bad reviews i found to be very untrue. I have been so pleased with this school, The staff, is wonderful, the kids are great, and the parents are always welcome to visit the school. I have been so blessed to be able to volunteer a few afrernoons a month and also help out with the PTA. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!

Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School 0

Posted October 26, 2009
I feel that McWhirter is a wonderful school. My family and I recently moved many miles away from our hometown. My children love McWhirter. They are always encouraging parents to get involved, therefore the parent participation is great. They always have family fun nights which allows family and friends to enjoy fun with little to no cost. I love the School Carnivals and Family Movie night. So do my children. This is my childrens second year attending the school. I wish all schools were like this one. CCISD in general is a great district.

Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2009

Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2008
My daughter currently attends this school and loves it there. The after school prgrams is what keeps her there. They provide Mission Impossible which now includes dance programs, computer lab and much more. this helps me very much as I am a single mother of two and babysitting fees can sky rocket. Thanks to the afterschool program my daughter is able to get more learning done as well as other activites in the process. I have read other comments about the administration staff and principal and never had any complaints with either seem very nice along with the teachers my daughter has had. This is her second year and she seems to love eahc teacher she has had so far.

Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School
300 Pennsylvania Avenue, Webster, TX  77598
Last modified Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Margaret S Mcwhirter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top