PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Our child was bullied by their teacher at this school. We did not know such a thing could happen in a Christian school, but at this one it does. This teacher not only bullied our child, she allowed their classmates to participate, and often tried to pull in fellow teachers to excuse her behavior. Thank God there are honest teachers out there who wouldn't corroborate her lies. This is, essentially, how we found out. When we went to the ECEC Director, Callie Edwards, and the Principal (or Headmaster, as he prefers to be titled), Chris Yates, we were met with a coldness we had never experienced before. We promptly removed our child from that school. If you are a parent who wants your child to feel loved and cared for, then DO NOT send them to WCA. We have met some really good teachers, but it only takes a few to spoil the bunch, especially where something as serious as teacher-bullying occurs. Only send your child here if you plan on working here, because then your child will become a "favorite" and are treated well. If you do not work here, and your child attends here, be careful, and trust your gut. If something doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't. Check on your child as often as you can so you can see how they are really treated after drop-off, when the charade is over. If you have not already enrolled your child here, then run for the hills. Find a school where they will be treated as you'd expect in a Christian school. This is NOT that school. Good luck and God bless.

I was extremely impressed with the first grade teacher at Westminster this year (2015-2016). My daughter attended kindergarten in a public school environment which did not work out well. The first grade teacher did a great job of keeping the kids engaged and interested in learning, and my child loved going to school each day. The school has a family atmosphere, and I found the academy staff to be very friendly and welcoming.

I just want to make a comment regarding the May 18, 2016 review which gave the school 1 star. My child is also in the 18th month class to which that parent is referring to and nothing ever came of the investigation. I have had 3 children in school at the academy and preschool end and have loved all of the teachers. My children all have a loving, solid Christian foundation and education. I can't say thank you enough to the WCA teachers. I am re-enrolling them all for the Fall semester.

My sons teacher in PK 18 month old class was fired and investigated by the state for pinching my child and other students and popping my son in the mouth. The school sent out an email saying she resigned along with the preschool director who did not report the incidents to the school. I can't trust a school that will not tell the truth. We will not be returning and I would never recommend this school.

My child started this school this year in fifth grade after attending public up until this point. Mr. Robinson is fabulous and I couldn't ask for a better environment. Very glad we made the switch from public to Westminster Christian .

As a grandparent to one of the school's pupils, we are very pleased with Westminster. Not only is our boy learning the basics, but he is also being taught his manners and core values so lacking in the public schools. We look forward to sending his younger brother to Westminster, too, when he is old enough.

School leaders need to adopt a policy of full disclosure to parents. Parents should always be informed of school issues/events that effect their children.

Wow! Since the new administration took over this spring, there are already many changes for fall. When a few teachers left due to moves, illness, or discontent with the prior administration, the new administrator found replacement teachers for fall that have years of experience and are TX certified. There are GT and Spec. Ed teachers, also with years of experience, that are leading the technology based, individualized instruction classrooms. The remaining teachers have been at WCA for years and are top-notch. New curriculum and standards are being put in place this fall along with a TON of after school programs: sports (soccer, cross country, basketball, cheer leading), drama, mad science, Bricks4Kidz, Spanish, etc... WCA will celebrate 20 years this fall, and what a wonderful way to start the next 20 years of excellence!

We have been pleased with WCA over the years. The educational quality seemed to go downhill with the previous administrator who was let go. It wasn't too late though. Many quality teachers remain and the new teachers they are hiring are very experienced. They seem to be making the necessary changes with staff and curriculum to bring this school back to the level of excellence I had seen in previous years. We are so excited to return in the fall.

This school has become unacceptable for the education of my child. Several teachers have left during the year leaving substitutes that have no business teaching. The principal was fired and the interm is excellent at talking but has done nothing to help the school. First grade and second grades have suffered the most. Would not recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Westminster Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8