Wellman, TX

Wellman-Union School 1

Posted May 20, 2014
This school presents itself as a great option to an inner city school. However, it is ridden with cliques that, if you are not White or from Wellman or great at sports, you will never be welcomed in. My child has made honor roll every month. Yet, he is treated like a second class citizen. The racism and snobby nature of these people is straight from the 1800s. They have made this school year a nightmare. They have excluded me as a parent and been shamefully unkind to my 5 year old child. I would avoid this place. It's Stepford.

Wellman-Union School 5

Posted September 23, 2010
I graduated here in 2007 and its a really good school: No Drugs No Bad people and Everyone is nice and polite to one another.....

Wellman-Union School 5

Posted November 12, 2007
I moved my children here from Spring ISD outside of Houston. Since we've been here, my kids attitudes socialy and educationaly have changed tremindously. They love the small classes and don't have issues with self esteme. I love the fact they are in such a small class it is like a private school. Their grades have come up and the school is so small they aren't limited to participating in anything they choose.

Wellman-Union School 0

Posted July 13, 2007
Overall the school is great for academic purposes. The kids are more secluded and sheltered. Not to say they don't have thier share of problems but they handle them at the school. The school still believes in busting, although hardley ever used. The teachers know all the kids even if it isn't their student. The students focus on UIL competions. The hardest things about the school are....small so there aren't a lot of kids to associate with, not diverse, 'farmers club', limited sports oppertunities.

Wellman-Union School
P O Box 129, Wellman, TX  79378
Last modified Wellman-Union School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wellman-Union School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top