Posted May 27, 2013
Love, love, love that my children get to attend John Tower Elementary. We are a military family and I am grateful that our transfer into Tower was easily accepted. I want my children HERE at TOWER!! I recently saw on the news where Tower was named as a State Title I Distinguished school, along with 6 others in this region of Texas. As always, the news was a bit limited so I did some investigating to find out just how big a deal this was. To my very pleasant surprise I learned that out of 3,674 Title I schools in Texas, ONLY 393 (just over 10%) of them earned the Distinguished Title I School Award - and 2 of those schools are in BISD - and one of them is our school - Tower Elementary! Way to go John Tower, Mrs. Darnall, ALL of the staff, and of course, OUR STUDENTS! All of your hard work is paying off and will always do so because we HAVE A GREAT SCHOOL! Thank you to everyone who helps make John Tower Elementary the great school it is.

Posted May 23, 2013
This is one GREAT school. My kids have gone to Tower for 2 years and it is by far the best school I have ever been in contact with. The staff and administration are all about doing what is best for kids during this time of change with the Texas accountability system and curriculum issues. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather my own children to attend than right here at Tower Elementary! The family atmosphere on campus is so obvious and I am blessed that my children benefit from the wonderful instruction and loving environment they are provided with each and every day. Tower students & staff ROCK!!!!!

Posted May 22, 2013
My kids have gone to JT for 2 years now. When we first moved here I felt the school was mediocre. Two years later I'm writing a review bc this school has failed in every possible way, shape, and form! My kids will not be attending for the 2013-2014 year. The principal is a joke, she clearly only cares about test scores and not that the children are having difficultly with the new cirriculum. This is the first school that we have ever been in that has put so much pressure on my kids for state testing. My kids would come home stressed out and be so anxious in fear of failing the STAAR test bc of what the teachers and principal would tell them if they didn't pass. Until C-Scope my kids were both straight A students. Now failing math and getting B-C's in other subjects. I talked w/ their teachers on numerous attempts, w/ no help at all. It was suggested they receive tutoring, but there were just as many students in tutoring as there was during the day; no 1-on-1 could be given. I went to the principal and she avoided every question about the C-Scope cirriculum and would flat out ignore me for other questions. I left confirming my choice in taking my kids out of this school! BEWARE!

Posted March 04, 2013
I agree, it is difficult to even give one star for this review. Most all of the staff is rude ( if you don't like children, find another job!), kids are treated like they are in boot camp, and are expected to be quiet during lunch, lunch menu is limited by the lunch staff, the lunch staff is extremely rude to the children, and every time I am the school, or see staff outside, the staff is either talking/ texting/ or on Facebook on their cell phones. You expect these kids to abide by rules, yet the staff doesn't do the same. Obviously the principal is unaware of what goes on with her staff!

Posted January 24, 2013
For over four years my children have attended this school from the Pre-K 3 program up through second grade. The teachers at this school cannot be compaired to any other! They are hands down awesome! They take thier time with each child and care about the work that they do! The opportunity for parent involvement is huge and available for all parents to share in a partnership for education! This school is thinking ahead to the future and always trying to keep up with or surpass new ideas in education as well as staying ahead of the game in school safety! I would choose no where else to send my kids! We are very thankful for our John Tower experience!

Posted January 05, 2013
John Tower is a fabulous, hidden gem! Unless you live in the neighborhood, you wouldn't know it was there and might think it was located in downtown Burkburnett. Situated just outside of Wichita Falls minutes from Sheppard AFB, it offers a good choice for families who live on Sheppard and for those looking to live outside of the base. The Administrative team at John Tower is very responsive to parents, students and the military families. The principal is connected with her teachers so she knows what is going on by doing regular observations and is a true leader supporting innovative teaching techniques, community building, and administrative best practice. The teachers are vested in the school, with many of them sending their own children to the school. Burkburnett ISD is very supportive of the local community and shows their commitment in both words and action. The PTO is organized and active! We moved our child from another school and have never looked back!

Posted August 10, 2012
I have a hard time even giving this school one star. My son attended John Tower the past two years due to his father being stationed at SAFB. This school is a joke. I have yet to communicate with anyone that seems to care or know anything. I could go into detail, but I don't know where to begin. My son attended two years of private pre-school starting at the age of three. He has lost skills and regressed in the past two years while attending John Tower. The school refuses to acknowledge this even though his report cards clearly indicate he is not doing well. The office staff are very rude. The school is basically a military school and the children are treated like they are in bootcamp. Not a good place for a child who is going through a divorce and stuggling with learning disabilities. I have attempted to discuss my concerns with the teachers, nurse, counselor and principal. They are very rude and do not care. I would never recommend this school to anyone. I am sure there are good teachers at this school, but my son has learned nothing in the past two years and when I ask the teachers, they say, oh he is doing fine. Not true.

John G Tower Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2012
The teachers my kids have had are good. The staff has been good. The PTO could use a good boost it's to get it out of it's rut it's very clickish. I'll look around at other schools I would like my kids to be more than just a number in the school I would like a school that all parents can be involved in the class room not just the clickish few.

John G Tower Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2011
As a mother of two and an active parent in the school, I can honestly say that this school is not what it is hyped up to be. We researched many schools and chose Tower because of location and all the hype and good reviews. Needless to say, my children will not be returning to this school next year. First, I feel there is a false sense of security regarding the safety of the students in the school. The post of January 29, 2011 sums up the rest of how I feel including the positive comments about the teachers and the negative comment about the principle. I had problems with the office staff and principle s lack of professionalism and lack of parent communication. Also, parent involvement was poor and the PTO was almost non-existent. The PTO president lacked direction and was unorganized to say the least. As for the exemplary rating, that is due to the fact that so much emphasis is put into drilling the students with a curriculum focused primarily on English and Math and very little emphasis on other subjects. From the outside looking in Tower seems like the perfect school but after being actively involved the entire year, I was able to see the truth.

John G Tower Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2011
My children attended Tower Elementary and both received a phenomenal educational foundation. The teachers go above and beyond and make the school exceptional. Parents are always welcome in the classrooms and there is plenty of opportunity to volunteer at this school. The PTO is amazing! The counselor is very approachable if problems should arise. I took the rating below from June 2007 and thought it summed up the rest. In this school it is the teachers that make Tower so fantastic. I can't imagine how much better it would be if they had a leader that could change the morale of the employees. Interesting to see it's been low since 2007 until 2010. June 5, 2007 "As an active parent in the school, I can say from many experiences that this school's staff is amazing. Most are willing to give 100% to their students and it shows. But the lack of overall staff morale is lacking. The principal cares about no one but herself."

John G Tower Elementary School
5200 Hooper Drive, Wichita Falls, TX  76306
Last modified John G Tower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John G Tower Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top