Bad
Good

Mrs. Ash and Mrs. Dillard are phenomenal. They have so much excitement for the students and their experiences at school. It is great.

I have a child in PreK and can only say amazing things about this school. The programs, friendlienss of staff, and family feeling are so wonderful. I love that I can easily approach my son's teacher, the office workers, ore even the principal and know I will get the help I need. This has been the best start ever for my son in regards to his education. We LOVE John Tower!

I can't say enough to convey how I feel about Tower Elementary! I was apprehensive at first, because the school seemed so large. However, there is a true family feel from the moment you walk in! The office staff is friendly, the teachers are beyond amazing, and the administration is always supportive. We are about to PCS this next school year, and I am so sad about my kids leaving this school. Both my students have grown so much here academically and socially and I pray that our next base will have a school as wonderful as Tower!

This school is fantastic if your child behaves fantastically. The principal and some teachers refuse to acknowledge parental suggestions. Formal complaints work. But it should never have to go that far. If you have a child with behavior problems, expect them to get worse. Discipline is either lacking completely or grossly overdone. If your child doesn't have behavior problems, this is a very good school. I've experienced both sides of the coin. I'm looking for a new school! But my kiddo is the exception not the rule! :)

Love, love, love that my children get to attend John Tower Elementary. We are a military family and I am grateful that our transfer into Tower was easily accepted. I want my children HERE at TOWER!! I recently saw on the news where Tower was named as a State Title I Distinguished school, along with 6 others in this region of Texas. As always, the news was a bit limited so I did some investigating to find out just how big a deal this was. To my very pleasant surprise I learned that out of 3,674 Title I schools in Texas, ONLY 393 (just over 10%) of them earned the Distinguished Title I School Award - and 2 of those schools are in BISD - and one of them is our school - Tower Elementary! Way to go John Tower, Mrs. Darnall, ALL of the staff, and of course, OUR STUDENTS! All of your hard work is paying off and will always do so because we HAVE A GREAT SCHOOL! Thank you to everyone who helps make John Tower Elementary the great school it is.

This is one GREAT school. My kids have gone to Tower for 2 years and it is by far the best school I have ever been in contact with. The staff and administration are all about doing what is best for kids during this time of change with the Texas accountability system and curriculum issues. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather my own children to attend than right here at Tower Elementary! The family atmosphere on campus is so obvious and I am blessed that my children benefit from the wonderful instruction and loving environment they are provided with each and every day. Tower students & staff ROCK!!!!!

My kids have gone to JT for 2 years now. When we first moved here I felt the school was mediocre. Two years later I'm writing a review bc this school has failed in every possible way, shape, and form! My kids will not be attending for the 2013-2014 year. The principal is a joke, she clearly only cares about test scores and not that the children are having difficultly with the new cirriculum. This is the first school that we have ever been in that has put so much pressure on my kids for state testing. My kids would come home stressed out and be so anxious in fear of failing the STAAR test bc of what the teachers and principal would tell them if they didn't pass. Until C-Scope my kids were both straight A students. Now failing math and getting B-C's in other subjects. I talked w/ their teachers on numerous attempts, w/ no help at all. It was suggested they receive tutoring, but there were just as many students in tutoring as there was during the day; no 1-on-1 could be given. I went to the principal and she avoided every question about the C-Scope cirriculum and would flat out ignore me for other questions. I left confirming my choice in taking my kids out of this school! BEWARE!

I agree, it is difficult to even give one star for this review. Most all of the staff is rude ( if you don't like children, find another job!), kids are treated like they are in boot camp, and are expected to be quiet during lunch, lunch menu is limited by the lunch staff, the lunch staff is extremely rude to the children, and every time I am the school, or see staff outside, the staff is either talking/ texting/ or on Facebook on their cell phones. You expect these kids to abide by rules, yet the staff doesn't do the same. Obviously the principal is unaware of what goes on with her staff!

For over four years my children have attended this school from the Pre-K 3 program up through second grade. The teachers at this school cannot be compaired to any other! They are hands down awesome! They take thier time with each child and care about the work that they do! The opportunity for parent involvement is huge and available for all parents to share in a partnership for education! This school is thinking ahead to the future and always trying to keep up with or surpass new ideas in education as well as staying ahead of the game in school safety! I would choose no where else to send my kids! We are very thankful for our John Tower experience!

John Tower is a fabulous, hidden gem! Unless you live in the neighborhood, you wouldn't know it was there and might think it was located in downtown Burkburnett. Situated just outside of Wichita Falls minutes from Sheppard AFB, it offers a good choice for families who live on Sheppard and for those looking to live outside of the base. The Administrative team at John Tower is very responsive to parents, students and the military families. The principal is connected with her teachers so she knows what is going on by doing regular observations and is a true leader supporting innovative teaching techniques, community building, and administrative best practice. The teachers are vested in the school, with many of them sending their own children to the school. Burkburnett ISD is very supportive of the local community and shows their commitment in both words and action. The PTO is organized and active! We moved our child from another school and have never looked back!

Last modified John G Tower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.