Posted November 13, 2012
My two small boys went a year at Bright Ideas. We unfortunately had to move out of state. I enrolled my children into public school and they were bored. Bright Ideas allowed my kids to advance without having restrictions. I have since found a private school that allows this also. I hope to move back and go back to Bright Ideas.

Posted October 26, 2012
Bright Ideas is my alma mater, and was one of the best decisions my parents ever made for me. I attended for three years (10th - 12th), and my brother attended from elementary through high school. For kids who can be self reliant, are truly interested in college, and will ask for help and guidance when they need it, this school is an amazing opportunity. Two of my teachers there still stand out as some of the brightest people I've ever met, both had Master's degrees. I began going to the university, MSU, part time my junior year and full time senior year. I was completely ready for that transition through my work at Bright Ideas, as were my other 3 friends who began college courses with me. All four of us went on to get Master's degrees in our respective fields. You don't have to be a genius to go here, I'm certainly not (mostly A's and B's - a couple C's). But no one will stand over you and make you work either. If you can take advantage of the freedom they offer and focus your ambitions, you will have an invaluable experience. Bright Ideas paid half my tuition expenses, and before my brother graduated, I believe they started paying full tuition. Great school!

Posted March 28, 2012
What an embarrassment to the school system! Bright Ideas=very disorganized, unclean and chaotic environment. Their curriculum is lacking to say the least. The school is sub-par by any US standard. How do I know? I had the misfortune of teaching there for a brief time. I could not bare to be a part of the organization thus resigned along with several other concerned teachers this school year. They continue to go through teachers almost as frequently as they sweep up flies in their lunchroom . Yes, they have a pest problem (flies, rodents, etc) and do not seem to have solutions for the issue. The kids literally have to fight the flies while eating their lunch. I could go on and on but suffice it to say this school is unacceptable and in my opinion unworthy of state funds.

Posted December 22, 2011
this is not a school you want your kids to go to all the negative remarks are absoutley correct if your kids can work on their own then they will be find, if they go back to public schools they will be very far behind,

Posted May 16, 2011
I am a first year teacher at Bright Ideas Charter School and have found the staff to be among the best I have worked with. All of the faculty stress the importance of education to their students and strive to see that they are successful! It is a small school and therefore, the classes are small giving teachers the time to provide extra attention to those that need it! I am impressed with the care and attention the students receive!

Bright Ideas Charter School 2

Posted May 13, 2011
Sometimes I feel like the education in the Wichita Falls area is like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. Area public schools are over-challenged and under-funded. BICS has the opportunity to make a real impact in this area but consistently fails to do so. The facility is very safe and attractive even though there is no cafeteria. There is day care at a reasonable cost and it is very reliable. The classes are small which is great! Unfortunately they have failed to attract inspirational instructors and when one surfaces, they seem to leave soon. My child has been fortunate to have a wonderful teacher this year who has been organized, consistent, fair, humorous and sensitive. She exemplifies the best first experience that a child can have with school. I hope and pray that the administration feels this way as well. She is a step in the right direction and in my opinion, she deserves to be cloned. Bright Ideas start with Bright Teachers. Heads up to Administration!

Posted January 03, 2011
All I can say is..."WHAT A JOKE"... My child will not be attend this school next year.. The teachers are sucha Joke.. they dont help the children one bit.. always on the cell phones.. n they dont commuicate with parents at all.. I have called to set up mets and i always get a call back saying .. we have to reschedule the meeting and they never do.. the teachers n staff are very rude..they yell at the children and all that comes out of the teachers mouths are disrespectful run laps.. or d hall the kids cant open mouths with out getting into some trouble... or they are aleays takin one childs word over another.... I will be going to the local paper and hopefully they will hear me out and i can let everyone in town know just how bad this school is....... DONT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE.......

Posted November 13, 2010
This is not a school you want your child to attend if you are interested in the well being of your child. The principal and the school board are an embarassment to any other school system. This is where you send your child if you do not care.

Posted September 28, 2010
Bright Ideas is AMAZING! Our children have been there for three weeks now and I can already see a huge difference in the education that they are receiving. While the educational aspect is the most important aspect, Bright ideas goes above and beyond in other areas as well. They are geared toward helping both students and parents. A great education and all the extra thoughtful touches too! What more could a parent ask for.

Posted September 25, 2010
As a graduate of Bright Ideas, I'd like to share a few things about my experience. The teachers at BICS go above and beyone for their students. Many of them work from 7am-6pm, and are available by phone in the evenings and on the weekends to help their students with work. I felt as though my teachers really and truly cared about my education. Some of the lessons I learned from them I will carry wiith me the rest of my life. BICS also allowed me to go to college at the age of 16. This is different from taking AP courses. I actually got to attend MSU classes with other college kids, and really got a jump start on my college education. I have never ever regretted the time I spent at BICS. Send your kids here!

Bright Ideas Charter School
2507 Central East Freeway, Wichita Falls, TX  76302
Last modified Bright Ideas Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bright Ideas Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top