Wichita Falls, TX

Barwise J High School 4

Posted October 30, 2013
My son started this year in the 7th Grade and he likes the majority of his teachers but there are some that he says that are a little harsh. I had an experience also with a person in the front office who I felt was a little rude at answering a question I had. That is the only negative that i did not like. Back to my Son's comment on how he feels, Now I know he is a talker and it seems to get him in trouble in some of his classes, I was even told that he even talks back to the teacher. I know kids they lie to make it seem smaller than it really is but I have read and heard alot of negative comments after searching the web on this school. I am not sure if I need to take him out and put him in a different school or what . A suggestion that I have is to have video monitoring , (as some daycares have) that Parents and Staff can monitor their children in real time in all schools.

Posted April 30, 2013
My school is Barwise Junior High...Both of my daughters had the privilege of attending this school. The teachers are phenomenal, the girls' athletics is awesome (they were both in volleyball teams that were city champs!), and the theater dept is unmatched! Not only did they get to act in various fairytales...the field trips were great! 2 years is a very short time and their 2 years there were exceptional! I wish they had more parental involvement but it didn't take away from the many activities offered.

Barwise J High School 1

Posted March 08, 2012
I do not care for this school at all the principal and asst principal is not there for the kids just the paycheck.They are always sending my son to the office in school suspension for someone else mistakes and when he tell the truth he stills gets punished. He gets bullied by the kids he tell on that actually be the ones that start the problems they are very unfair and that Mr.Allen and Mrs Muelberger TALKS TO KIDS VERY HARSHLY AND I THINK THE SCHOOL SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED..There are alot of unfair situations!!

Posted November 11, 2010
Several of my children and grandchildren have gone to Barwise. At present, I have one grandson enrolled in Barwise. I think it is a great school, with great teachers aand staff.

Posted August 11, 2007
Mr. Allen is the greatest. I had a disabled child attending at Barwise and Mr. Allen was always kind and courteous when we needed to talk to some one.

Posted July 19, 2007
Barwise is the est choice.I can do the thing I love which is Act.Mrs.Anson The theartre Director is the best.& we're the only school that provides theatre I love it.

Posted February 12, 2006
The greatest school in Wichita Falls. Have a great diversity of classes being taught. Would recommend this very highly.

Barwise J High School 3

Posted November 17, 2005
The extracurricular activities are great excellent dance program and dance teacher. Good assistant principal, principal not very involved with all students and parents routinely walks past parents and does not even acknowledge them!

Posted October 03, 2005
This is a great school. I went there for two years and they were the best. If you love to perform this is your school. All of the teachers are wonderful.The athletics are the best in the town. We offer many kinds of activities like theatre, choir, tech lab,guitar,and many others. I really recomend this school to you.

Posted August 24, 2005
I went to Barwise for 2 years and it was awesome. This is definetley the place you want to send you student. It is a wonderful school and the teacher's really care about there students.

3807 Kemp Boulevard, Wichita Falls, TX  76308
Last modified Barwise J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barwise J High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top