Bad
Good

This school is good for SOME students, but not all. My child is 5 and has been diagnosed with Bipolar so she has quite a few disaplinary issues. The teachers do NOT take this into consideration and punish her for things she can't control. The teachers have only do well with well behaved students. They have even told another students mother that because her child is autisic that it may be best to send the child to a new school. If your child has ADHD or Bipolar, or Autisim don't send them to this school, the teachers do not do well with them. Also the playground is out of date and some staff have agreed that the school has poor funding. From what I have seen, heard, and delt with personally this school is only good for children that don't have learning problems than this school is great for them. I am concidering pulling my child and doing the k-12 online program.

My kids have attended school here for five years. The staff is wonderful! My children receive honor roll each year. If an issue ever arises, the teachers quickly and effectively communicate with partents.

I have personally been told by many parents that they are glad that their child attends Haynes Academy. The teachers here work very hard for their students' academic success and give individual/ small group tutoring to those students in need . The positive behavior support initiatives at this campus make a real impact on improving the behavior of the entire student body at all grade levels.

My kids attend this school and they hate it. I would never let my kids attend this school never again. The teachers are rude and think they control my kids. And the principal is so disrespectful and my kids come home and say the staff members say they wish the could beat them.

I teach 5th and 6th at Haynes and came here in the fall of 2005 from Austin Elementary. Our school does not have a problem in the upper grades, but has some of the best behaved students in the district. We have instituted the Texas Behavior Support Initiative to use positive means to encourage appropriate behavior. We have had favorable comments from both visiting parents and teachers about how quiet and well-behaved our student population is when they have visited. We would encourage you to come and visit anytime and see our students. We are very proud of them and they do not deserve a bad reputation based on ratings given in years gone by. Come see one of the shining stars in the Wichita Falls Independent School District and you too will be impressed!

Last modified Haynes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.