Bad
Good

We are a military family that moved to Wichita Falls 4 years ago when our daughter was in Kindergarten. The teachers at Milam are wonderful and caring people. However, the same can not be said about the Principal and Vice Principal. They do not take bullying serious at all. The Principal seems very out of touch and doesn't seem to care at all and the Vice Principal would rather punish the victims of bullying then help. In fact today on our last day at Milam rather then ending her 4 years on a positive happy note, she made sure to end it on a negative and depressing note. It's beyond disappointing for a 10-year-old to leave a school feeling so rejected.

Ben Milam has gone above and beyond for my Son. We moved to Wichita Falls 2 years ago and his 1st grade teacher always made herself available and his 2nd grade teacher is amazing! The staff genuinely cares about the kids and encourage parent involvement. I'm looking forward to my 5 year old starting kindergarten this fall at Ben Milam.

Ben Milam 2nd Grade Teacher is H O R R I B L E with ALL letters capitalized. Unresponsive, non-communicative, negligent all describe her!

this is a good school but don't get mrs. Schroeder because she will not work with your child it is the true

I just recently moved to the Wichita area, my little girl started pre-k this year. I was looking forward to her attending a good school. I went and registered her and the staff was very welcoming and helpful. Her teachers are very nice. The quality of the school was in good shape than others I have seen within the area. Security is at its best. She loves it. I think it's a very good atmosphere for any child.

My son is in the first grade at Ben Milam. I can't say enough good things about the teachers and staff at this school. My son has been educated well and treated kindly-even lovingly by some of the teachers. We had been considering private schools, but this school has exceeded all of my expectations! Some highlights from the last two years: He was reading by the third week in Kindergarden. They even began the basics of Math. In the First grade, the teacher really encouraged his love of reading and science. His teacher put him in an accelerated reading program, which I thought was going to be too much for him, but he has met & exceeded her expectations. I am so pleased! The principal is very involved. He knows all of the kids by name and knows most of the parents too. The children, teachers and parents love him! The school encourages parents to volunteer, visit the classroom or your child during lunch. I have always been welcomed by the staff when I show up unexpectedly. The one drawback is the school lunches, but that is a district wide problem and not unique to this school. To put it bluntly, the lunches are disgusting...even worse after the new federal guidelines.

It seems that the negative reviews have been removed. It is going to be the beginning of week 2 for my student. This school has the potential to be a great school and if the principal begins by putting the rude "military liason volunteer person" in her place or removing her from the front, THAT will be a huge start. No school should EVER try to deter the parents from being involved. I am not a person with "soft" feelings anf this lady was blatantly RUDE! She lacked professionalism and the unfortunate thing is that she is one of the first people that you come in contact with! I was literally blindsided by some of her unprofessional and tasteless comments. While I left with my tail between my legs, I refuse to allow someone that does not have the skill or personality to make this a bad and uninvolved school year. Praying for a great school year!

Our school faculty and staff are dedicated educators who strive to give each child the best learning environment and experience we can offer. Each student is important to us and we work very hard to give each one successful learning experiences every school day.

As a teacher in this building for ten years, I can truly say we are there for the children. I love my job! Milam is awesome!

Ben Milam is a wonderful school! The principal and teachers are all genuinely invested in the children and go the extra mile. Ben Milam has won the city's UIL competition for three years in a row if that tells you anything about the dedication of the staff there. I have two boys there in kindergarten and 2nd grade.

Last modified Milam Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.