Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son attended Rider H.S. His experience has been outstanding. The advanced placement options have been the key. My son will start at A&M in the fall with all but 2 of his first year classes already complete due to the AP offerings at Rider. Other pluses have been that the school offers a safe environment and caring teachers.

Both of my kids have enjoyed attending Rider High School. They are both academically minded and have enjoyed all of the AP classes Rider offers and have been able to perform well on AP tests at the end of the year. They are both active in sports and other extracurricular activities. The teachers and administrators are very supportive of the kids and help them with college planning and pursuing scholarships. This high school no longer has overcrowding issues due to the demise of the "choice" system in the WFISD.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Slightly too much homework for AP classes. Sometimes everything is assigned at once making for peaks and valleys in the amount of homework instead of a nice steady flow.

By far the worst school my kids have attended. The administration will tell you one thing then do another after you are out the door. If your kids are on an individual education plan by all means leave this school now!!. The assistant principal is not a mentor and enjoys the abuse of power. They do have most teachers who care but it is luck of the draw which one your child will receive. Some help some collect a paycheck

Overall, the school is doing well considering the overcrowding situation, the new principal is trying to get a grasp on things. The Assistant Principal who does nothing but scream, yell, and belittle the students needs to find another occupation. Come on, you're not in the Marine Corp anymore, and your attitude gives little encouragement to the kiddoes to stay in school and succeed.

I definitely disagree with many of these reviews. Rider may be overcrowded but that is simply because it is the best choice in Wichita Falls. Rider is very sports and extracurricular oriented because they have such great sports teams and extracurricular programs. As for the Rider pep rallies, Rider Raider pride is something you cannot even understand unless you have attended the school and with a positive attitude. Of course you are going to dislike a school if you dislike going to school in general.

I am a graduate of Rider High School and am currently enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin. I would not be where I am today without Rider high School. I was among the top of my class all four years while playing two varsity sports. I am a member of the 2007 Soccer 4A State Champions, and we were ranked 5th in the nation by Adidas that same year. What else is there to say about Rider? I was able to connect with not just a few friends, but I whole community through my high school. Striving for excellence in the class room, on the field, and in the community, I was always taught by my teachers to give back to something that had given me so much. Choose Rider, and let your child choose his/her own path because there are so many at RHS!

I wish the two new reviews had been present when I signed my son up for Rider. We're a military family, and we try to research schools before we get to a new assignment. Rider looked great. The reality is that the school is extremely overcrowded; most of my son's classes have more than 30 students in them. As mentioned by previous reviewers, sports is a huge part of Rider life, as evidenced by the weekly pep rallies that were held during football season. Also as previously noted, the schools administration leaves much to be desired. The discipline at the school is ridiculous. Teachers are basically left to handle things themselves. Rider did make 'Annual Yearly Progress' last year according to NCLB, but with these class sizes, I doubt they will this year. Military parents beware!

Rider is a good school, but lacks effective leadership from the principal. I have a son who graduated from Rider several years ago, and because WFISD has a choice program, my daughter now attends crosstown rival Wichita Falls High School. Rider is overcrowded and my visits with teachers reflected their frustration with discipline issues and low morale. Friends have told me that Rider office staff are uncooperative when help is needed. Conversely, after one year, we are very happy with WFHS.

It's a nice school and all ,but it's a shame that so much emphasis is put on sports that a lot of good atheletes give up because they're not GOOD enough. And, there are way too many students.

Last modified Rider High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.