Bad
Good

Rider High School 1

Posted October 26, 2010
By far the worst school my kids have attended. The administration will tell you one thing then do another after you are out the door. If your kids are on an individual education plan by all means leave this school now!!. The assistant principal is not a mentor and enjoys the abuse of power. They do have most teachers who care but it is luck of the draw which one your child will receive. Some help some collect a paycheck

Rider High School 3

Posted October 19, 2009
Overall, the school is doing well considering the overcrowding situation, the new principal is trying to get a grasp on things. The Assistant Principal who does nothing but scream, yell, and belittle the students needs to find another occupation. Come on, you're not in the Marine Corp anymore, and your attitude gives little encouragement to the kiddoes to stay in school and succeed.

Posted July 13, 2009
I definitely disagree with many of these reviews. Rider may be overcrowded but that is simply because it is the best choice in Wichita Falls. Rider is very sports and extracurricular oriented because they have such great sports teams and extracurricular programs. As for the Rider pep rallies, Rider Raider pride is something you cannot even understand unless you have attended the school and with a positive attitude. Of course you are going to dislike a school if you dislike going to school in general.

Posted December 06, 2008
I am a graduate of Rider High School and am currently enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin. I would not be where I am today without Rider high School. I was among the top of my class all four years while playing two varsity sports. I am a member of the 2007 Soccer 4A State Champions, and we were ranked 5th in the nation by Adidas that same year. What else is there to say about Rider? I was able to connect with not just a few friends, but I whole community through my high school. Striving for excellence in the class room, on the field, and in the community, I was always taught by my teachers to give back to something that had given me so much. Choose Rider, and let your child choose his/her own path because there are so many at RHS!

Rider High School 1

Posted November 19, 2008
I wish the two new reviews had been present when I signed my son up for Rider. We're a military family, and we try to research schools before we get to a new assignment. Rider looked great. The reality is that the school is extremely overcrowded; most of my son's classes have more than 30 students in them. As mentioned by previous reviewers, sports is a huge part of Rider life, as evidenced by the weekly pep rallies that were held during football season. Also as previously noted, the schools administration leaves much to be desired. The discipline at the school is ridiculous. Teachers are basically left to handle things themselves. Rider did make 'Annual Yearly Progress' last year according to NCLB, but with these class sizes, I doubt they will this year. Military parents beware!

Rider High School 3

Posted July 06, 2008
Rider is a good school, but lacks effective leadership from the principal. I have a son who graduated from Rider several years ago, and because WFISD has a choice program, my daughter now attends crosstown rival Wichita Falls High School. Rider is overcrowded and my visits with teachers reflected their frustration with discipline issues and low morale. Friends have told me that Rider office staff are uncooperative when help is needed. Conversely, after one year, we are very happy with WFHS.

Rider High School

Posted May 29, 2008
It's a nice school and all ,but it's a shame that so much emphasis is put on sports that a lot of good atheletes give up because they're not GOOD enough. And, there are way too many students.

Posted September 12, 2007
It is an excellent school with fantastic teachers and even better students. Rider's school pride is radiated for miles.

Posted May 27, 2007
I just graduated from Rider Highschool and it was the best years of my life. This school is the best high school in Wichita Falls. Why is it the best? 1. It has an excellent education system and curriculum. Rider offers AP courses and prepares you for college. The teachers actually teach and are always there to help. 2. The school is not to big or to small. Students are able to have a social life! There are many extra-curricular activities and sports! Yes, there is 'Drama' but what school does not have drama? If had to choose one school to send my children it is definatly Rider. ROHO!

Posted May 10, 2007
Rider high school is the best secondary school in WFISD. Rider's reputation for oustanding academics and extra-curriculuar activities is unparalled in WFISD.

Rider High School
4611 Cypress Avenue, Wichita Falls, TX  76310
Last modified Rider High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rider High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top